low compression pistons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low compression pistons?

okay, to start off, i DID do a search. I got three pages of stuff that wasn't very helpful. so hopefully someone (probably josh ) could answer me this: does anybody make low compression pistons for the 2.0? in the range of 8.6:1 or somewhere abouts would be fine. as some know, i'm preparing for a turbo project, and was planning on freshening up the rings. but i got to thinking about low compression pistions, and wanted to know if anyone made them/how much they'd run me. the install i'll be doing myself, so i don't have to worry about shelling out the quid

and if nobody makes them, is there anywhere i can just get new stock 9.0:1 pistons (and hopefully rods ) for a decent price?

i have unnatural aspirations. SE-T tearing up the streets.... - SOLD

[SIZE=1]'03 Jeepr Wrangler X 4.0 - Stock... for now[/]

Re: low compression pistons?

I know that you can have je make you some pistons and rods to your specs...but to my knowledge their are not any companies that mass produce them...they'll have to be custom and roughly around 400-450 for pistons...and maybe 600-750ish range for the rods...their not cheap...but check their site, don't take my word for it...

later
    stever

Comment

okay, well, if that's the case, you know anywhere i can just get new 9.0:1 stock pistons? i'm fairly certain that my rods are probably fine, but i always try to get everything perfect. i'm weird like that :p

Comment

heres a place...

http://www.importperformanceparts.net

Comment

am i mistaken, or is that place selling pistons w/rings for $33 a piece? that's crazy cheap. that can't be right.....

Comment

is this right?

Major Engine Kit:
            Contains complete gasket set, set of pistons and rings, main bearings, rod bearings, thrust washers, timing belt, balance shaft bearings (if applicable), and a set of expansion plugs. Pistons & Rings: Std., .020, .040. Bearings: Std., 10, 20, 30.
            (NOTE: this kit does not include camshaft, timing kit or oil pump!)

Additional Options Available for Extra Cost:
            Upgrade to TOGA High Performance Main Bearings - Add $20. For Rod Bearings - Add $20.
            Add a TOGA High Volume Oil Pump.

$319? sounds pretty damn good to me....

Comment

how much are they selling the pump for? there was a bb for like 500 i think around jan
              are you a boost creep?

Comment

thats well cheap!....that cant be right....r they forged items too?...

Comment

if ur looking for the stock pistons only then check adavnced auto's site

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDeta...pe=154&PTSet=A

yes...thats for all 4 pistons
                  Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
                  Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

Comment

okay, well, should i be wary of all four pistons from Beck/Arnley for $60? not to mention the shipping rate says .3lbs.... that's gotta just be for the rings....

Comment

im running mine with them now...had them with boost for a year now.
                      im pretty sure thats accutate...considering that i bought hypereutectic pistons from them that came out to $14 each piston...they failed on me under boost so i got the normal pistons and rings for free cuz the hypereutectic ones were still under warranty.

do you have an advance auto near u? check with them...im pretty sure thats for a full set...
                      http://www.advanceautoparts.com
                      Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
                      Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

Comment

Working...
                      X