Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Serious do Japanese People Take Thier Technology & Gaming? This Serious....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Serious do Japanese People Take Thier Technology & Gaming? This Serious....

This has to be one of the stupidest things I ever heard of. I dont know who's the stupidest person; The "ex-wife", "ex-husband", or police? I mean, technically they could get her for the charge, but, I mean, come on.

http://http://videogames.yahoo.com/f...-hubby/1259111

TOKYO: A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press
    -Randall-
    Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps
    vehicleless

I was jus gonna post this. It's 1 of those WTF stories.

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me.
      Stephen Wilds #303
      PhotoPOC
      BMW 328i
      BMW Z4

Comment

You can't call it hacking imo,even if she used his or someonelses' log-in info. And getting prison time for a "virtual" murder? what's next,the firing squad for dreaming of doing something to someone?

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

[oprah] oh no he di-ant! [/oprah]
          05 Lotus Elise
          95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

dude i just spit up my coffee at work cause i laughed so damb hard my boss just asked me what the !@#$ my problem was loll that is friggen rediculas.
            95 PGT DE cai,pacesetter headers,xtremethings.com, chipped ecu,jet black paint,battery relocation to trunk, frnt/rear sturt bars,coil overs camber kit,mustang wheels 225/75/r17,broken oil dipstick mod,H4 conversion,power door conversion,protege mirror conversion, ZE IM, ZE TB,http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/colbyjrj/

Comment

I was going to post that, lol!

Comment

Very serious indeed.
                Attached Files
                Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

http://spirit.nsbit.com/srsly.jpg
                  Last edited by 007 GTS; October 24, 2008, 11:56 AM.
                  2010 Ford Fusion
                  I am a working stiff with no toy car at the moment
                  I'm not a probe owner but im still a probe enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by 007 GTS View Post
                    not sure why that stuff is funny to me, but it is...
                    05 Lotus Elise
                    95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

Originally posted by unionrdr View Post
                      You can't call it hacking imo,even if she used his or someonelses' log-in info. And getting prison time for a "virtual" murder? what's next,the firing squad for dreaming of doing something to someone?
                      Well it was more 4 the hacking than the actual "killing". Hacking is a national crime.

Comment

stupidity at its best!
                        Dave Kolenski
                        2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
                        3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
                        Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion34 View Post
                          Well it was more 4 the hacking than the actual "killing". Hacking is a national crime.
                          The fact that she was given to login info by said 'ex-husbad' isn't hacking, unless Japan has that in their definition. Is she didn't manipulate a program or device to gain access then all she did was use the knowledge she was given.

More fraud than anything, but hardly serious.

But to Japan, I are serious officer, this are serious arrest.

Comment

Why didnt she just hire a virtual attorney to handle the case?

Comment

Working...
                            X