Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey gang, looking for what you think is the best date for an angeles crest highway cruise.

so far the available dates look like this:
    • july 16
    • july 17
    • july 23
    • july 24
    • july 30
    • july 31

my preference is for july 24th. it's a sunday and hopefully the traffic on the highway won't be so bad.

post up what date you feel best with and i'll get the meet thread going.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• 31st works best for me.
      Jorge F.
      '95 PGT

Comment

• me n my lil bro are best with the 24th
        owner of
        89 Probe GL - ran, broke down, ran, junked
        89 Probe GT - ran,broke, never got fixed junked
        89 Probe GT - the 1st probe replacement
        92 mazda 323 - current daily, klde swap coming soon

Comment

• ok. so far, only two people have chimed in.

that's 1 vote for the 24 and 1 vote for the 31st. i have a thread on another forum to see what they think.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• 2 of us for the 24th, i cant next weekend as ill more than likely swaping in my KL into the 323. And then my bro with the fe3 probe will be out of state that weekend
            owner of
            89 Probe GL - ran, broke down, ran, junked
            89 Probe GT - ran,broke, never got fixed junked
            89 Probe GT - the 1st probe replacement
            92 mazda 323 - current daily, klde swap coming soon

Comment

• the way it's looking and by the amount of feedback i'm getting, it looks like we won't have anything in july and will have our next event in august, the twist-o-rama.

i will post that up in a few days.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Any interest in twist-o-rama?

Comment

• Originally posted by supercharged3.0 View Post
                  Any interest in twist-o-rama?
                  yes. i'll be posting it up here, on teamzx2 and on our facebook page.

sunday, august 28th.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• sunday :'(
                    it is better to be a smart fella than a fart smella

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Man View Post
                      sunday :'(
                      yeah, i know. it's usually the best day for nearly everyone, but i know some folks have to work that day too.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• ok people. first official meet of the year has been posted, albeit really freaking late.

i'll work up a schedule for the cruises just as soon as i find out when ACH opens up. then we'll work in the others right after that.

my goal is to have my probe ready for most of them.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• ok. posted up the meet info for the june meet. i will post up something for july and august within the next week. have to figure out dates for this stuff.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Here's an update for the upcoming meet (from the Facebook group page):

SR-2 is closed past the Islip Saddle (junction with SR-39).

The reason is as mentioned before: a sinkhole has opened up prompting closure of the highway to just before Big Pines.

As stated in the thread in the SCPOC forum on ProbeTalk, we will have a brief rest at the SR-2/SR-39 junction, then turn around and head back.

We will have lunch at Newcomb's Ranch, before concluding the cruise.

Here is a link to the story about the sinkhole. Estimated completion of repairs, according to CalTrans, is July 15th.

Hopefully it will be finished before the Revenge of ACH cruise in September.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Hey everyone! Now that PT is back up, so is our club forum!

Thanks to everyone who showed up for the ACH cruise last weekend. It was awesome. Pics are on the club FB page.

Ok, the next meet coming up is the annual Twist-O-Rama.

Normally, we would have the meet in last August, but since we had the ACH cruise to begin the month, it's probably best to push the TOR back a week. So, with that said, I was looking at scheduling the meet for Saturday, September 5, 2020. Yes, I know that's the start of Labor Day weekend, but with all of the closures and lockdowns, a lot of things may not be open again for a while. Our usual meet up spot, the Elite Athlete Training Center (formerly the Olympic Training Center) is closed to the public until further notice. There's a small park just a little bit away that we could probably meet up at.

The other thing is where to have our lunch. Last year, we stopped at this BBQ place at Julian. I'd have to check to see what's available with outdoor seating.

More info to come in the next week, including the official post here and on FB.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Just posted the info on the TOR on our Facebook page. Will be posting here shortly.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X