No announcement yet.

PMO Big Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looking for an update as to how things are going. If I remember correctly there was a death in the family of a supplier so that was kind of slowing things down. No rush, just curious though. Now you say that these will fit within 16" wheels, at any point down the line will you be doing a bigger rotor?

Looking forward to this.
    04 - Ion 3 - It gets me from point A-B.
    93 - PGT Black - SOLD

"Ya know, my blown struts and rattling shift knob, and peeling clearcoat and rusting fenders, and rusting underbody, and fading paint, and door dings and broken ball joint all add character to my car. " -- VTEC_EATER

Comment

I am so looking foward to these. This is one area of our car that is too stock for my tastes. LOL!

Comment

That caliper width is going to clear a stock rim you say, eh?
        2007 Audi RS4
        Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
        The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

FWIW, the F33i looks like a Wilwood Dynalite caliper which should fit behind a stock wheel pretty easily. The F88i looks like a Wilwood Superlite caliper which is pretty much like that Outlaw 4000 caliper that you have there Bufalo (i.e. huge)
          Marc M.
          Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
          2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

We have our big brake kit now available. The rotor hats and caliper brackets are getting powder coated. I will have pics of them Monday. Here are some pics of the calipers and rotors. They will be priced at $950 for the F33i kit and $1150 for the F88i kit.

Not

Fat ass .125 drilled rotors

Comment

Will you also be selling just the hats? Will you be selling any kits with clean rotors (not drilled or slotted)?
              Last edited by Probesport; June 16, 2004, 04:22 PM.
              Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
              PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
              1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
              1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport
                Will you also be selling just the hats? Will you be selling any kits with clean rotors (not drilled or slotted)?
                They will be sold in a kit form only. You will be able to purchase the kit with solid rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by neonman
                  They will be sold in a kit form only.
                  Damn.
                  Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                  PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                  1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                  1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

We did not get approved for a bulk buy on the big brakes. So we will be conducting our own bulk buy on our website. Misty will have it up and running by the weekend.

Comment

todd, it was not disapproved, it was just delayed because i have to get stacey ready to handle the bulk buys, as she wanted to do. takes a bit of time because we're also going to go over our current policy and see if any changes need to be made.

if you could have waited a week or two, we would have been happy to approve it right away.

ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                        todd, it was not disapproved, it was just delayed because i have to get stacey ready to handle the bulk buys, as she wanted to do. takes a bit of time because we're also going to go over our current policy and see if any changes need to be made.

if you could have waited a week or two, we would have been happy to approve it right away.

I didn't mean that we were disapproved. I should have maybe worded that different. Sorry but, kids need shoes and Mommy and Daddy have a butt load of money tied up in this. So the BB will be on our website.

Comment

Originally posted by neonman
                          Sorry but, kids need shoes and Mommy and Daddy have a butt load of money tied up in this. So the BB will be on our website.
                          And shoes they'll get!

Sorry for not coming through on the turbo BB (maybe it was for a reason - a good reason, now that I see you hinting at an even nicer kit for the future ), but I couldn't spare the extra cash. However, I was planning to do the brakes one way or the other. In fact, I was just about to push the button on Rafi's kit when I saw your sig. Great news! Just when do they ship? Can I avoid the bulkbuy? I need to do the suspension and brake work I have planned very soon.

Also, do you happen to offer rear lines that bolt up to the stock calipers? Otherwise, I need to get the Goodridge lines and basically scrap the front lines since you include them in your kit.

Let me know.

Andy
                          96 5 spd PGT Laser Red/Tan Leather KLZE, Hotshot Intake, Hotshot Headers, Borla, MSD 6A & Coil, Fidanza & CM Stg IIR, RR-Racing Mounts, Eibach, Tokico and a lot of miles! SOLD

07 Volvo S60R 6MT - Electric Silver/Nordkap 300hp AWD Loaded, IPD STG 3 to come

Comment

Originally posted by Forced96PGT
                            And shoes they'll get!

Sorry for not coming through on the turbo BB (maybe it was for a reason - a good reason, now that I see you hinting at an even nicer kit for the future ), but I couldn't spare the extra cash. However, I was planning to do the brakes one way or the other. In fact, I was just about to push the button on Rafi's kit when I saw your sig. Great news! Just when do they ship? Can I avoid the bulkbuy? I need to do the suspension and brake work I have planned very soon.

Also, do you happen to offer rear lines that bolt up to the stock calipers? Otherwise, I need to get the Goodridge lines and basically scrap the front lines since you include them in your kit.

Let me know.

Andy
                            PM'd you Andy

Comment

how is work going on the rear? if you dont mind me asking ...

Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by InsanePhotoGuy
                                how is work going on the rear? if you dont mind me asking ...

Brandon
                                You'll have to ask Misty that Brandon

Oh you were talking about the brakes

I want to see how the fronts do as for as sells. If they do well, I'll jump on the rear.

Comment

Working...
                                X