Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only trans i know of that will work on the 2.5 v6 mtx are.. mazda mx6 626 protege (all 93 to 97) and the probes of course... all the same slightly different gear ratios tho
    get in, take a deep breath, start her up, GO!!!!!
    96 pgt lota work done boysenberry NOT PURPLE!!
    06 mazda 6 v6 mtx zoom zoom

Comment

Magic

Thanks

Comment

Great info, I am on my way to check out some NOS KL short block assemblies and a couple transmissions for sale local. PM me if interested in a block.

Comment

Originally posted by simply6foot2 View Post
          I would like to propose a thought....
          My friend is a HUGE fan of the Taraus SHO and the Contour SVT. He has been helping me with my project MX6 (24v PGT 2.5 Motor) after working on this car with me he brought something to my attention. The SHO trans will bold up to our motors. He actually thinks they are one in the same. They have two SHO's (2nd gen), a super coup, two Ranger trucks (one has a super coup motor), a first gen SVT contour and a 60's model T-bird...
          He does all his own work and knows these cars but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about this. He has suggested installing a Quaife LS. I like the idea
          better yet why the hell would you put this trans in a mx6/probe ? don't you know that tauras's are notorious for having junk transmissions ??? no offense but ill keep what I got.
          SPIN SOME TIRES AND LIGHT SOME FIRES....and hope nothing else burns in the process

Comment

Ah crap. I was trying to get my boss to sell me a 2000 mazda 626 tranny today and he said it would definitely not fit my PGT. I was thinking... "pffft!" but after trying to put my PGT driver side cv axle in there, it did not fit! I am disappointed now that I cant use this nice clean low mileage 00 626 tranny.

What can be done to make it work? different hubs and cv's ?
            DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
            94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Fantastic PDF. Thank you so much. I probably should have read that before rebuilding my gearbox 9 times just to get it right haha.

Comment

Tranny Swap in a 93 gt

So I just got my hands on a 93 gt automatic. I'll be picking the car up sometime this week. The guy is giving me a 5spd, and what he says, is everything I need to do the swap. Any feedback on doing this swap would be greatly appreciated. Kinda going into it blindly. Had 3 probes in the past, all of which were 5 spds, and none had the Klze. New experience I'm looking forward to just looking for some insight on the swap, and what kinda problems I'll be running into with it..thanks!
                Ride it till the wheels fall off...Then start from scratch!!

Comment

If you have a new topic you wish to talk about, you should start a thread in the right catagory.

If you are looking for information you should use the search bar as the first step and if you cant find anything then start a thread asking as the second step.

searching "trans swap" i found this for you http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...ght=trans+swap
                  Thats a great start. and Welcome to the forums.
                  94 Ford Probe GT-5 Spd,KLG4 EngineSwap,HotShot Headers,HighFlowCat,RacitiveCatBack,Fidanza9lbs Flywheel,
                  929 300ccInjectors,K&NTrueCAI. Turbo Pending...
                  01 Cavalier -5Spd,3100 Engine Swap Almost Done
                  95 Jeep Cherokee - Auto, 4.0 H.O.,K&NSAI,31" Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by palidin89 View Post
                    better yet why the hell would you put this trans in a mx6/probe ? don't you know that tauras's are notorious for having junk transmissions ??? no offense but ill keep what I got.
                    ??? Junk ??? Notorious ???

Comment

Yep agreed keep the probe tranny my gma drives a tarus>>>LOL

Comment

How many miles can the transmission and the clutch last? I was shocked to see Probes with over 200k miles.

Comment

It all depends on how it's treated. I sold my first probe with 189k miles and it still had the factory clutch.
                          I just had to fix my trans in my 96 and it had 286k miles on it before a freak occurrence damaged some teeth. The last 20k have been with the ZE of which the last 15k have been boosted.
                          Jim K.
                          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Bump to keep this on top. Can we stick this please

Comment

^ it already is
                              94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

So just to clarify, this is for the transmission in our 2nd gen probes? Gonna tear into the one that i just messed up. gonna fix the hole from the inside out. Is there any way to take the differential off without having to remove everything?
                                97' PGTS Completely rebuilt ZE at "117,1xx" 5-speed, HEI and blaster2, full header-back 2.5" magnaflow Fidanza w/ stage3 6puckhttp://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=...12z5KxBA%3D%3D
                                1994 PGT that got me hooked on the probe game=SOLD! Gonna miss it. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&id=542616501

Comment

Working...
                                X