Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP SAVE SPEEDVISION FROM CRAPPY NASCAR, PLEASE READ!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP SAVE SPEEDVISION FROM CRAPPY NASCAR, PLEASE READ!!!!

Please help me we need all the help we can get, Speedvision has been bought by Fox and next year they will be turning it into a Nascar channel, the article in newsweek said that it will affect F1, Touring car, motorcycles, and probably everything else we all love on that channel, please sign this petition and help us fight to keep speedvision what it is, the greatest channel on TV for non redneck racing enthusiasts! http://www.petitiononline.com/svsn/

I realize you're upset, but categorizing all nascar fans as "rednecks" was really damn stupid. Signing petition now...
    The world is full of thieves. Honor, like chivalry, is dead.

Neither sheep nor shepherd.

Comment

Hey I like Nascar and hardly think of myself as a redneck. Racing is racing. I signed the petition because I feel Speedvision is good how it is.
      Stephen Wilds #303
      PhotoPOC
      BMW 328i
      BMW Z4

Comment

I'm not opposed to NASCAR either, but I signed because I also like Speedvision as is.
        ~SumR
        I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

You shouldn't make statements like that...

Remember that this board is one-half FORD.

Lots of rednecks will get pissed.

Comment

I hate NASCAR with a passion. I signed the petition. Looks like about 26,000 other people did too. :smile: Speedvision is great the way it is. I never had a chance to see the kind of racing they show on speedvision before I got the channel.
            www.probe-gt.com
            Minnesota Probe Owners Club
            15.443@90.44

Comment

NASCAR is CRAP...they only turn one direction and some of them cant even do that...
              _â„¢

Comment

On Tuesday July 3, 2001 9:26 PM, bluehornet wrote:
                I realize you're upset, but categorizing all nascar fans as "rednecks" was really damn stupid. Signing petition now...
                For once, I have to agree with Bluehornet. Perhaps I would have signed the petition had you not classified me as a redneck. I love Nascar, but am in no way a redneck. Liking nascar in no way makes me or anyone else redneck.

Comment

On Tuesday July 3, 2001 10:27 PM, flash93pgt wrote:
                  For once, I have to agree with Bluehornet. Perhaps I would have signed the petition had you not classified me as a redneck. I love Nascar, but am in no way a redneck. Liking nascar in no makes me a redneck.
                  Hell, I can't stand nascar, but I still think it wasn't the swuftest thing to say.
                  The world is full of thieves. Honor, like chivalry, is dead.

Neither sheep nor shepherd.

Comment

On Tuesday July 3, 2001 11:29 PM, bluehornet wrote:
                    On Tuesday July 3, 2001 10:27 PM, flash93pgt wrote:
                    For once, I have to agree with Bluehornet. Perhaps I would have signed the petition had you not classified me as a redneck. I love Nascar, but am in no way a redneck. Liking nascar in no makes me a redneck.
                    Hell, I can't stand nascar, but I still think it wasn't the swuftest thing to say.
                    No it wasnt the "swuftest" thing to say. I couldnt care less who likes or dislikes Nascar, but its the way he characterized people that really ticks me off.

Comment

man i guess i am a redneck. i love stock car raceing. to me its still one sport that is all about a car not about new technology its old school raceing not like f1 but i like speedvison

Comment

geez that is so sad to hear, I love the rally stuff they have on there, VERY cool

Comment

I'd have to say I'm not a fan of nascar, just not enough action going on. I prefer touring car races, they're shorter (about 20 laps) and have much more agressive action.
                          02 Dinan Cooper S

Comment

So, Fox buys Speedvision, I assume because Speedvision is a succesful enterprise. Did it never occur to the Fox execs that SV is succesful because of what it is as opposed to what they, apparently, want to transform it into? I don't think I'll ever quite understand that corporate mindset.
                            Huzzah!

Comment

This all started when TNN became The National Network or whatever. 'twas a sweet time when we had both TNN and Speedvision. TNN covered the Nascar scene and Speedvision captured most everything else. Sigh.

<--- will sign petition
                              Dave Ponka,

Silver 94 PGT MTX.

Comment

Working...
                              X