X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

street racing can get hairy, i hate to say it but its the kids out there that dont use their head that get themselves and others killed....example.....someone apparantly just died in my area in a race between an explorer and a cavy...because the cavy wouldnt let the explorer over because he didnt want to look like the loser (ricer mantality....if people wouldnt bee such assholes and think they won a race when its obvious the person was forced to slow down or stop this thing wouldnt happen) the explorer flipped over a center divider and killed some people

the fighting is also pretty gay, people seem to think when they talk about car's with people in the "scene" they have to look like some kinda badass, around here its horrible, everyone thinks they have to act like they are all hard when they talk about a car with someone, and tend to lie about their car and get really angry when someone calls them out on it (saying their RS body kitted V6 camero is a 350 V8............that their Eclipse RS is a GS-T when your standing right there looking at an engine bay with no turbo, and an instrument panel with no boost gauge.)
    05' AM General 1151 Up-Armored HMMWV "Humvee" TurboDiesel V8, 190chp - 400ctq on JP8
    99' Honda VTR1000F 996 Superhawk
    94' Ford Ranger 4.0L XLT
    96' Boysenberry Probe GT - ZE Swap

Comment

As much as I would like to say that everything you have said is common sence, obviously it isn't...

I've seen dumbasses that race in the rain, in busy traffic, and, by far the stupidest, I've seen a guy racing on one of the busiest streets in Salem during rush hour using the center turn lane as a passing lane...

I work at Dairy Queen, which obviously has a drive thru. I cannot tell you how many people I see come through who are not wearing seat belts, are drunk, stoned, or otherwise doing something incredibly stupid.

I've seen people do things on the road that just make me shake my head because I cannot imagine how they could do something so stupid. I really with that I had a camera running in my car all the time that video taped everything I saw while I was driving. I would seriously create a website called dumbassesincars.com and be able to post DAYS worth of video clips of people doing stupid things...

Anyway, I'm not sure what inspired me to rant like this at 3:30am, but what the hey... to Howlett to posting something that EVERYONE should read...

BTW: I'm just curious, has anyone on this board that we know of died due to street racing? Or been seriously injured?? I'm just curious...

EDIT: I have some thing to add. When street racing, because I'm sure that everyone on this board will at least once, KNOW YOUR LIMIT. Bew aware of the conditions around you, and know the limit at which are are now doing something that is EXTREMELY dangerous...
      Also, when you have lost, STOP racing. Don't just keep going hoping that maybe your car will suddenly gain 100 HP and kick ass. If you are really losing, you have no chance of winning fairly. So, save yourself the added embarassment and danger and just stop racing.
      Oh, one more thing. DON'T RACE IN RESIDENTIAL ZONES!! I want to just mangle people when I see them doing that....

That is all...good night...
      Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
      06 Legacy GT
      98 Legacy GT

Comment

yea.. i once worked at a dairyqueen
        well i used to have a probe....
        so can i still talk to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy94se
          yea.. i once worked at a dairyqueen
          Sucks, doesn't it?
          Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
          06 Legacy GT
          98 Legacy GT

Comment

yes it did

Comment

The key to racing on the street is shuting it down when you hit the speed limit for that area. If it's a 40 mph limit on a city street and I take off from a light to race, then when I hit the limit I shut it down. From that point if I am ahead or behind, I know where I would stand after even a longer time. The distance would get greater losing or winning at a higher speed so why continue. IT'S ALL ABOUT PRIDE. People need to learn to swallow it, and be able to take a loss. Sometimes I am ahead and sometimes not, it's not worth the risk to me. I have a wife and soon to be 1 year old baby girl, they are counting on me.
              1994 Base Black Probe-K&N Air & Oil Filter, Bra, White Stripes, Rebuilt Trans/Engine W Bosal Exhaust Header, NGK Sparkys, MSD Coil, & Performance Cat. 160,000 miles & still running!!!

Comment

the key to street racing is simple:

DON'T DO IT

take yourself to the track and keep your racing confined to that area.

do not give me the 'i don't want to pay to play' or 'i hate waiting in line' garbage. it doesn't fly.

just don't do it. it really is that simple. the cost of something going wrong far outweighs the small cost of paying track admission and the time it takes to tech and line up.
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

dmark101

I love your tag line from Depeche Mode!!! My Favorite Group.
                  Is that why your name is Dmark101? Depeche Mark 101? Just Guessing.
                  1994 Base Black Probe-K&N Air & Oil Filter, Bra, White Stripes, Rebuilt Trans/Engine W Bosal Exhaust Header, NGK Sparkys, MSD Coil, & Performance Cat. 160,000 miles & still running!!!

Comment

thats how i am....slowin down when i get to the speed limit but the person you race usualy keeps going even if they are 5 car links behind ....i guess they think your car just got sucky and theirs sudenly became 300hp stronger......freekin queers in their hondas

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                      the key to street racing is simple:

DON'T DO IT

take yourself to the track and keep your racing confined to that area.

do not give me the 'i don't want to pay to play' or 'i hate waiting in line' garbage. it doesn't fly.

just don't do it. it really is that simple. the cost of something going wrong far outweighs the small cost of paying track admission and the time it takes to tech and line up.
                      I have to ask Damon. And I share the same view on street racing as you, but why then do you include a "kill" forum on PT? Whay not axe it? Or keep it confined to actual at the track stories.
                      86 Pontiac Fiero 2M6
                      2001 Ford Focus ZX3
                      1987 Dodge Daytona 2.2L Turbo
                      1996 Yamaha YZF 600R
                      2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Comment

People need a place to vent, and it would just trickle into other forums anyway (2.5 perf? ugh!). It does make for some entertaining reading, and often times is just a story being re-told or something that someone witnessed without actually participating in.
                        1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
                        228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
                        ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
                          People need a place to vent, and it would just trickle into other forums anyway (2.5 perf? ugh!). It does make for some entertaining reading, and often times is just a story being re-told or something that someone witnessed without actually participating in.
                          I must admit I go right to the closed threads to get a good laugh.
                          86 Pontiac Fiero 2M6
                          2001 Ford Focus ZX3
                          1987 Dodge Daytona 2.2L Turbo
                          1996 Yamaha YZF 600R
                          2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Comment

I think you have a really good point, but if you have been racing for awile and know when it is safe to race (meaning weather conditions and traffic and location) than it might be safer, but there is a big difference between knowing you are a safe racer and thinking you are a safe racer. I think one of the most common recks are from people not paying attention to the road and people not being able to control their cars. I have seen so many accidents from people just trying to switch cd's and raming into the back of someone. There are also the people that have been driving an automatic there whole life and they just get into a car with a manual and think they can just get in and do it. Next thing you know they are ether paying mony out the ass for the other persons car or dead.

-BlackPrbGT-
                            http://www.tryspot.com/objectmotion/..._autoprobe.gif

Comment

I agree with black probe any car I have owned I have driven it to see its limits and what it can do and what it cant do after that I base my rules on the car also I dont race in the rain or at night on the highway.

I hit a car going 120mph on the highway I was going about 140 in my alfa romero milano I didnt realize the car in the middle lane wasn't moving (someone left there car in the middle lane of the highway) it was an optical illusion that it was moving I am lucky I didn't even get a scratch just a couple of bruises but my front clip just ripped off I just nipped it trying to get out of the way. oh yeah it was at night
                              I keep dodging this mofo but I will never know when it will happen I guess like they say you dont have to worry about the bullets you hear its the one you dont hear thats the one that gets you.
                              OBX header OBX CAI front and rear strut bar msd coil 65 shot zex tranny cooler 96 626 2.0 auto banjo bolt mod

Comment

seatbelts and airbags save lives.....
                                on the fourth of july i was on my way home from work via st rt 22 south out of columbus... i was going around 75 and some jack ass pulled out in front of me less the one car length all i could do was pull the e brake and grab second but it wasnt enough i hit his rear tires on a full sized chevy truck...it sent both of us spinning he hit a 2003 chevy trailblazer with a scca race car on a trailer they were from west virgina i got out ready to fight...until the blood came pooring down my head i went to the hospital and they said if it wasnt for the airbag and seatbelt id be dead...the motor came through the firewall and busted up my knees...the seatbelt cut my neck from shoulder to peck... my back and knees are forever screwed... but im alive...rememder " buckle up, whats holding you back?"......
                                Its the heart that gives, the hand just lets go......
                                AKA: the worste grammer on probeTalk

Comment

Working...
                                X