No announcement yet.

megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt I used your settings on the website for the MS2 and when I use those setting it gives me a config error and the rpm goes to 66xx.

1994 Ford Probe Gt
    Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
    2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
    1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

Originally posted by knightrider07 View Post
      Matt I used your settings on the website for the MS2 and when I use those setting it gives me a config error and the rpm goes to 66xx.
      The last part is redundant - the RPM will show up as around 65,000 if there's a config error. These maps are for the MicroSquirt Module so your result doesn't surprise me. A few settings need to be changed for a full sized MS2. In particular, spark output must be Going Low / Normal or you can fry your ignition module. You can find the rest of the config errors by going to Communications -> Mini Terminal and turning the ECU off and back on again.
      Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
      My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

i will give this a shot when i get back home thanks

1994 Ford Probe Gt
        Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
        2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
        1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

DIYPNP Works GREAT!!!

Hey guys, especially stoker100, thanks for posting up these very useful maps up here.

I FINALLY got my DIYPNP megasquirt to work just fine the other day. Driving around in it all day long Still in testing phases (which is why i love having the option to just plug in my stock KL89 ecu if anything goes wrong), but so far so good. Check out my Video on YOUTUBE (or check out my signature, has it posted under vids/pics section here on Probetalk.com)

MATT, thanks for selling a product that actually works. Granted, it wasn't easy nor a piece of cake, but I got it down... slowly but surely. And learned(still learning) a lot in the process!!! YIPPEE!! This is a huge milestone for me, guys.
          Last edited by yellow2point0; July 4, 2010, 04:57 PM. Reason: it double posted for some odd reason
          1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
          1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by yellow2point0 View Post
            Hey guys, especially stoker100, thanks for posting up these very useful maps up here.

I FINALLY got my DIYPNP megasquirt to work just fine the other day. Driving around in it all day long Still in testing phases (which is why i love having the option to just plug in my stock KL89 ecu if anything goes wrong), but so far so good. Check out my Video on YOUTUBE (or check out my signature, has it posted under vids/pics section here on Probetalk.com)

MATT, thanks for selling a product that actually works. Granted, it wasn't easy nor a piece of cake, but I got it down... slowly but surely. And learned(still learning) a lot in the process!!! YIPPEE!! This is a huge milestone for me, guys.
            What was the problem? I know the feeling of struggling and then that feeling of excitement when it all comes together and works.
            Adam Kirkpatrick
            1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
            2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
            1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

UnorthodoxCreat,

to be completely honest with you, I think it is a combination of different ignition settings, general settings, trigger wheel settings, matching up ignition advance with Spark Map, and sheer LUCK!!! I think one of the things was that i remembered having my ignition set at 11deg. BTDC on my stock ECU.

Another thing: under "general, lags" in TunerStudio MS i noticed some bizarre negative numbers, like -12151325 or something, in the "MAP sample window(deg) and MAP sample angle(deg)"... i changed them both to 50, and after this.. VIOLA! Started and Idled...

needless to say, bro, the idling can definitely use some tuning, but she runs great! Can't wait to get my LC-1 Wideband o2 installed sometime tomorrow or the day after.

YES! the feeling of excitement is what i'm going through right now! All this work (from assembling, to soldering, to tracing down pin-outs) finally seems to have paid off. Thank God indeed.
              1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked

Comment

Hey guys,

I would like to have some feedbacks about my AFR targets table I just made since it is the one I'm going to use with autotune to derough my ve map since I'm running pig rich right now...anyway, here it is:

MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong, but during cruising and idling it should be AT LEAST 14.7 afr's.. during cruising as lean as 16:1 i believe. Bigger numbers should be at light load and lower at Wide Open Throttle and peak HP for the KL engine. I think around 13:1 around peak torque. For naturally aspirated, that is.

I'm sorry i can't help you too much at the moment. I installed a used LC-1 wideband on mine and the damn thing still doesnt work right even after I bought a new BOSCH LSU 4.2 wideband sensor maybe cause i bought it used. Keeps reading 22:1 on the damn guage and 7.5 on the MegaSquirt.

BTW: why aren't you using TunerStudio? much better in my honest opinion. Try getting Jordan's (shaodome) VE and Spark table... on my PGT even without the wideband working properly, she run's pretty decent N/A. (minus the crappy economy at about 20 mpg). TunerStudio has this "live VE analyze" thing there that tunes the VE map as you drive in reference to your wideband o2 reading. It is probably pretty damn awesome...if you have a properly working wideband o2. unlike me at the moment.

Comment

yellow2point0, all if your first paragraph sounds correct to me (but there would be others that know better then myself out there). sounds like you need to re-do the calibration procedure on the LC-1 but even then, being discrepancies between the gauge and MS sounds weird (im sure youve set it up as LC1 under the MS settings?)

and yes tuner studio is da BOMB, once you use it once i dont think you will ever go back to MS.
                    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

stoker100, I had no idea LC-1 is so weird. I re-calibrated in heater mode and in free-air mode about a million times. Each time crawling under the car and un-screwing the darn thing for free air calibration. Changed the grounds about 3 times... started off at the engine block, then to tranny, now I said screw it and just grounded all the grounds (sensor heater ground, LC-1 ground, analog ground, the Innovate Digital guage ground, AND the calibration push button ground) to the same place on the chassis of my car now.

STILL no good Next time getting either the AEM or the NGK AFX wideband readers. This is freaking ridiculous. 2nd o2 sensor now... $80 a pop aint cheap either :-/

Comment

sooo....anyone else can comment on my AFR targets? I'd like to start tuning today but I don't want to mess with it without being sure this is good...
                        MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

yellow2point0 i tied all the LC1 grounds together IIRC, and connected them to the MS ground. IMO this is the only way to do it. between the LC1 software and MS i couldnt pick the difference in readings and with a tailpipe sniffer it was about 0.2:1 off which was expected due to the cat etc. i would go through your steps again reading carefully through just in case you missed something.

post 7 might help:
                          http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701286978
                          Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                          Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                          Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

ground the wideband with the MS......also, plug your laptop into the LC-1 and reconfigure the outputs on it for the gauge and the MS unit. Also, go into MS and configure to the LC-1....set the LC-1 and the MS for 10-20 afr 0-5volt.
                            '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                            '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                            '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
                              ground the wideband with the MS......also, plug your laptop into the LC-1 and reconfigure the outputs on it for the gauge and the MS unit. Also, go into MS and configure to the LC-1....set the LC-1 and the MS for 10-20 afr 0-5volt.
                              I will try this setting...again. Maybe this time the LC-1 will like me and listen to what I program it to do.

10-20 afr? I have tried it before and will once again. Maybe THIS time since I only grounded the heater wire(blue) to the engine block and the rest to the chassis, it might work differently. I mean right now I'm running my stock ECU, which should be at 14.7 +/- a few tenths while driving during excel/deccel. But my DB digital guage(also innovate motorsports) reads 20.4 or something. It is retarded.. i will ask if they can get it from me in the mail and look at it.

But thanks you guys for trying to point me in the right direction. BELIEVE me, I have started out by grounding EVERY SINGLE ground(including the DB digital guage) to the darn ENGINE BLOCK...just as their manual says. THE BEST GROUND IS THE ENGINE FREAKIN' BLOCK! and guess what?!? nope... still all jumbo mumbo. I have been trying to access their forums, since i hear you have to enter some mathematical equations in case of ground offsets, and can't get to the darn forums....for the past month or so they've been "reconstructing" the site. I might just scrap it(minus the actual BOSCH LSU4.2 wideband sensor) and get an NGK AFX or AEM UEGO. :-/
                              p.s. oh yeah, and i forgot to mention that after each freaking time i changed the grounding point or the point where the wideband o2 is welded in, i CRAWLED UNDER THE DARN CAR AND UNSCREWED IT EACH TIME....God forbid, i should forget to re-calibrate it in heater and free-air mode!!! life lessons.
                              Last edited by yellow2point0; August 17, 2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

thanks you guys for all the input. I will continue to research this little scuffle I'm having with setting up my AFR's

Comment

Working...
                                X