No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moa bettah intuhkoolah, courtesy of the 'topher.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0826121755.jpg

Install so far. Will finish tomorrow since I didnt start until about 6. Not bad for about 2.5 hours of work. This is going to get rid of probably 5 FEET of piping.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0826121939.jpg

If I get some time (which I doubt) I want to start making a new crossmember that doesn't sit 3 inches off the ground. Im so tired of smacking the pavement every time the road is slightly imperfect.

Keeping running into roadblocks with the cluster. The LEDs I ordered are just not the right color. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find some theater gel pens?
    Last edited by WhiteDart; August 26, 2012, 06:55 PM.
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• I likes! Although I think you need a larger snail now to cancel put the gain in spoolage lol!
      89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
      92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
      91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
      91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
      "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

• Hows that's bailing wire holding up lol
        WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• Okay, pic of the completed IC install.
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0827121911.jpg
          This looks kinda cool but not the way I wanted it to so its back to the drawing board.
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...99129979_o.jpg

Car was running REALLY bad the other day with random studders and backfires and random stalling. Made some datalogs and everything looked great up until it would wig out. All I could think of was the 36-1 has too many teeth for the MS1 processor to keep up with so I pulled the 36-1 wheel and put on a 6-1. Drove it tonight and Im shocked at the difference. Idles smoother, the light load/light throttle missfire is gone and the car just generally acted the way it was SUPPOSED to act. Quite thrilled ATM.

Another present for the car arrived in the mail today. Possible install tomorrow.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• Good!!! love the ic pic!

Comment

• Drive to work and back today was uneventful. Which is a good thing.

For being good I installed a present.
              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...d/IMG_0003.jpg
              Jim K.

Comment

• Lip action! Like!

Comment

• Well crap...
                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0908121350.jpg
                  Jim K.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
                    I've had that happen twice on my old 2nd gen. First time was oem pully, second was a crappy aftermarket. I forget which aftermarket type I went with after that but it held up great.

Comment

• lip looks good

Comment

• Gave her a very much needed bath today inside and out. I dont think I have cleaned the door frames since the last Myrtle. Ick. ECU is back where it is supposed to be. Prob gonna do a little photo shoot this evening.
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...d/IMG00006.jpg
                        Jim K.

Comment

• I was just gonnasay your wheels were extremely dirty, you read my mind!!
                          95 pgt boosted 8 psi slowly tuning with help
                          93pgt with 44k original miles sold...
                          93pgt 95k auto part out as of 1/5/12 pm me for parts

Comment

• Yeah they were pretty bad. Took about 45 minutes just to clean the wheels.

Going to start on a new crossmember made completely from scratch tomorrow. Have all the materials and stuff ready to go. Hopefully the day will end with no more scraping over every little bump.

Still need to get a clutch put in. Hopefully the weather will cool off enough soon for when I do it.

I STILL have no tach. Im at my wits end here. I've tried every suggested circuit as well as several of my own with no results.
                            Jim K.

Comment

• Cut out stock tach. Install autometer. Be ballerific.

Comment

• Going to try a few more things on it this weekend. Crossing my fingers.

Didnt end up doing the crossmember last weekend. Wound up starting on a major garage overhaul so there will be plenty of room in there to work on cars since winter is coming.

Finally ordered my ACT disc today. Just need to find a stock PP with a good surface. I cant for the life of me remember if I have a Spec or Fidanza flywheel so I can't get a new friction surface until i figure that out.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X