Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread will be old enough for its own driver's license soon!
    ~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Always forget about this website but here I am yet again.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• I'm considering replacing the Miata with an M2 or a Z4 M Coupe. Would be a step down, obviously, from a 99 Miata with 140k. But these are the times we live in right now.
        Last edited by supergoat; October 30, 2022, 01:02 PM.
        Stephen Wilds #303
        PhotoPOC
        BMW 328i
        BMW Z4

Comment

• I can’t help but think the Miata would ultimately be more enjoyable for the $$$.
          Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Originally posted by supergoat View Post
            I'm considering replacing the Miata with an M2 or a Z4 M Coupe. Would be a step down, obviously, from a 99 Miata with 140k. But these are the times we live in right now.
            A guy that used to work for me before I moved bought a 20 or 21 M2 from carmax two weeks ago and returned it last week. Said it was one of the most sterile and least fun cars he has ever driven considering the tech in it. His was a DCT.

Comment

• Sup peeps
              Dale's twenny18 Lineup:
              93 PGT - On the 20 year restoration plan

Comment

• Y0!

How’s that 20yr restoration plan going? Getting close to the deadline! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post

A guy that used to work for me before I moved bought a 20 or 21 M2 from carmax two weeks ago and returned it last week. Said it was one of the most sterile and least fun cars he has ever driven considering the tech in it. His was a DCT.
                  Interesting, the M2 is typically regarded as one the purest cars BMW has made in recent years. I'd agree as I've driven quite a few at my job. I would absolutely get the manual, the DCT transmissions are garbage still. The normal ZF Auto is such a better transmission if someone doesn't want a manual. That's probably the first I've heard of someone not liking an M2, though the DCT would make sense.

The Miata would most likely go in storage. It's not worth trading in so I'd keep it.
                  Stephen Wilds #303
                  PhotoPOC
                  BMW 328i
                  BMW Z4

Comment

• Hello hello hello
                    ~SumR

Comment

• This thread is now 15 years old…

Comment

• Originally posted by supergoat View Post

Interesting, the M2 is typically regarded as one the purest cars BMW has made in recent years. I'd agree as I've driven quite a few at my job. I would absolutely get the manual, the DCT transmissions are garbage still. The normal ZF Auto is such a better transmission if someone doesn't want a manual. That's probably the first I've heard of someone not liking an M2, though the DCT would make sense.

The Miata would most likely go in storage. It's not worth trading in so I'd keep it.
                        So same guy ditched the DCT M2 and got a manual M4 but within a week it had serious issues so he took it back and got another M2 but a manual this time. Said it is a completely different car from the DCT and he loves it. Few weeks later it blew up the radiator due to the plastic end tanks that are on it and had to go sit at BMW.

Apparently in all his time back and forth he talked himself into ordering a new M2. So apparently you have to treat the DCT M cars as being from completely different planets than the Manual M cars. Go figure.

My daily has an 8spd ZF in it and I think it’s probably one of the best automatic transmissions I’ve ever driven. Got me completely rethinking having to have a manual as a daily which had pretty much been my thing. I was even going to spec out a new mustang with the 10spd to replace it (not a ZF but I think I could live with it) but after seeing a few in public I am just not a fan.

Comment

• My 335 has the ZF Auto. It's a great daily. I do still keep my eye out for a 335/340 manual but there is rarely anything near me with one. The brand new M2s are nice, I really like the new body on them.
                          Stephen Wilds #303
                          PhotoPOC
                          BMW 328i
                          BMW Z4

Comment

• What's new people? Just got married like 2 weeks ago. Life is pretty good. Haven't really messed with cars in forever since I work from home and don't drive mine much.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                              What's new people? Just got married like 2 weeks ago. Life is pretty good. Haven't really messed with cars in forever since I work from home and don't drive mine much.
                              Congrats! That's exciting!

Life is pretty good over here too. I don't have much to do with cars anymore either as I also work from home and rarely need one where I live. Whenever I do get to drive though I'm reminded of how much I still love it. Sometimes I get nostalgic and look up FC RX-7s for sale and daydream for a few minutes before closing the tab and getting back to reality, haha.
                              ~SumR

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
                                What's new people? Just got married like 2 weeks ago. Life is pretty good. Haven't really messed with cars in forever since I work from home and don't drive mine much.
                                Congrats!

I do still do mess with cars as my job is entirely based around me doing so. As far as my own cars, the Miata is hooked up to a battery tender and the 335 is running great. Since the 335 is getting up in miles, I am getting an upgraded Pure turbo for it to replace the stock one. For maintenance purposes of course.

Just got back from Disney, did a few days at the parks and then a week on the Disney Wish cruise. Was fun! Back at work today.
                                Stephen Wilds #303
                                PhotoPOC
                                BMW 328i
                                BMW Z4

Comment

Working...
                                X