No announcement yet.

The Official "what should i do next" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread is great, looks like it took a lil time to put together as well, to that...
    Pictures - Videos
    1993 Mazda RX7, 35R swapped R1

Comment

so awesome of a thread loved it. very nicely done
      93 " Black GT
      15.1 @ 91.70 2.091 60' (before all the mods)

PROBE SOLD

Comment

Dont Forget your Apexi AFC to TUNE everthing!!! for even more power!

Comment

so um you didn't mention what to do if the www.probeparts.com site wont come up on your browser = ] is it down or is it my server is just so damn slow that it times out everytime i try to load it and i gotta go to school to look?
          93 PGT

Comment

the site works for me. coulda just been a time when it was down
            1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
            2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
            2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Great thread. Hope your computer or browser didn't crash at all while doing all that typing
              95 GT-ZE MTX Arrow Silver -- Debadged -- Tinted -- H4s -- HS GenIV CAI -- PRD Wires -- Aluminum Painted IM -- Red Painted VCs -- Eibach ProKit -- Tokico Illuminas -- 17x7 Silver Konig“X” 5 Spokes -- Falken Ziex 225/45/17 -- Bendix Pads -- CM Stage 1 -- ebay headers -- RT Hi-Flow Cat -- BORLA Cat-Back -- OE Phenolic Spacers -- All Premier System
              http://photos.imageevent.com/rscummi...y/COMP-web.jpg

Comment

What about all the free mods? i.e. banjo bolt, coned TB, advancing timing, ummm, dang it, i guess I can't think of any others.

But seriously, great write up! It will be a great tool for years to come!
                Jesus is the remedy
                Black '94 GT DE/ZE hyrbid, too many parts to list
                Black '89 MX-6 GT AWS: T3/T4 turbo, 3" exhaust, big brakes, FD's, K-sports, FD's, plus much more...
                Ebony Pearl '95 Subaru SVX LSi home of: BontragerWerks 22mm RSB #001

Comment

true true, the only one that will slightly help out of the ones you mentioned though is the Coned TB. Banjo bolt really won't do anything, and advancing the timing in our car doesn't work, unless you keep the TEN and GND pins jumped. Which wouldn't work too well because you won't have dynamic timing adjustments.

thanks for the compliments though, took me a long time to make those damn posts.
                  2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                  2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Anyone want to explain how to do the "Coned TB???" thanks

Comment

First off, for coning a TB, this is the best thread ever. i figured i'd keep my response in the original nature of this thread... by searching for my results.

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...+cone+throttle

And for a how-to, just get a dremel or a drill with a cylinder type bit, and make the lip inside of the throttle body be more of a gradual change of the inside diameter. This creates less turbulence for the entering air. the reason why i said it won't give much of a change in power is because your TB opening is still 60mm.
                      2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                      2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

I must say this. I got my GT a few days ago and already I have learned much about them from reading these forums. And I have managed to install a APC cone filter on my car today and I'm searching for a Cat-Back exhaust right now. Thanks I'm sure this info will help
                        1994 white pgt w/ sleepy eye mod, DZ coilovers/KYBs, Home Depot CAI!, Magna Flow cat-back, and two real cheap 10 inch subs.

Comment

Wow, this thread is "teh r00l". It should permanently stay fixated at the top of the performance forum for as long as Probetalk continues to exist.

Thanks Spada. I'm now itching even more to get back behind the wheel of a PGT.
                          ~SumR
                          I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

well

I want info on perf. chips! i got an atx and want info on those lol...thanks alot tho...really helpful thread!

*1995 Laser Red PGT *1994 Wild Orchid PGT *1991 Red PLX
                            P-R-O-B-E-D

Comment

Ok...

Info on Performance Chips: THEY don't do SHIT for us

that's why i didn't add that into the thread, because it's basically garbage for our cars sad, but true
                              2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                              2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Re: well

Originally posted by Jake616
                                I want info on perf. chips! i got an atx and want info on those lol...thanks alot tho...really helpful thread!
                                Here's some info: Forget it. You don't need em. Changing your timing and fuel curve ain't gonna do much of anything on your normally aspirated car. Dyno charts have proved it.
                                Lee Hubanks

As a political discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler or the Nazis approaches 1.

http://members.cardomain.com/ntruder95

Comment

Working...
                                X