• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concave Wheels ??

Hi guys, i found a decent set for 700euro which is :

9x5 18inch front
    10x5 18 inch rear

They are Japan Racing jr11.

I was wondering if this will fitt, i know the 9x5 will fitt in the front, but i was wondering about the 10x5 inch wide in the rear.

I need to mention i'm using wheel centric hub spacers 30mm rear and 25mm front. ( fender roll must be a must i guess )

I don't wanna spend 700euro for nothing, that's why i'm asking, i found them online second hand and the guy won't accept returns.

Thank you fellows.

What is your suspension setup? Struts and springs? Coilovers? How much of a drop? Are your fenders rolled? Here is a neat tool I found that may help. http://www.willtheyfit.com/
    1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
    Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Original offset on the wheels. As well and size tire you plan on running
      My '97 GTS in its prime
      New GTS Stripped and gutted rebuild from ground up.
      2000 Explorer XLS 2 inch lift 32 inch BFG's My Wifes Daily

Comment

Hi guys, the wheels specs i'm trying to mount is :

Japan Racing JR11

5x114,3, 5x112
        Rim Width: 10,5"
        ET: 22
        Wheel Size : 18inch
        ( This rims will be used for the rear of the car )

Bolt Pattern: 5x114,3, 5x120
        Rim Width: 9,5"
        ET: 22
        Wheel Size : 18inch
        ( These rims will be used for front of the car )

I need to mention my actual setup : KSport Pro Coilovers and 30mm wheel hubcentric in the rear and 25mm in front, stock 5 spoke rims

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they won't fit. The biggest I have seen with a wider wheel and low offset is 17x9 with +22 offset and that was on Tein coilovers with pulled and rolled fenders front and back with no spacers
          1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come

Comment

But i'll be using Ebay Universal Fender Flares to adapt and also the spacers... they will not fitt even like this ?

I know Erock Probe GT was running back in the days 18x9.5 rear and 18x8.5 front.

(( such a dissapointment, cuz i really like this set...

What if i go 18x9.5 all arround ? Will this fitt ? Considering the rims will be mounted with the spacers on...

Thank you

Comment

Why do you want to still run spacers? If you going to get a set of rims why not get them with the proper offset so you don't have run spacers?

Side note what look are you going for? Hellaflush, hellafunctional, mexiflush lol
              Last edited by dukes193; March 21, 2016, 04:16 PM.
              My '97 GTS in its prime

Comment

Aside of how incredibly silly I think it is to run wider rears on a FWD, the fronts should fit no problem with coilovers, a fender roll/pull and maybe a bit of camber depending on your tire size. Rears, I'd say not a frosty chance in hell unless you're willing to really pull and cut fenders.

This is on an MX6 so the fender lines may be slightly different but good for reference:
                http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...x10s-255s.html
                Ryan
                '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                SMF Prep:
                MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Guys, i'm going to go for the Rocket Bunny ,, look '' or Libery Walk Performance look on the Probe.

I think i'll be the only one who trying to go for this look on a Probe. I know it will be not fully functional, i'm just going for the ,, look '' of it, not functional, since i'm not use the car for track or race. I just love the Rocket Bunny ,, look '' and Libery Walk Performance and i love the Probe to much to be changing to Nissan and install the rocket bunny.

So, i want to run fiber glass fender flares , with super wide rims, that's why i want to run 10.5 in the back.

I'm not worried about the wheel ET, as i will run Spacers to get the look i want, what i'm worried about is if they will fit inside the car, i don't know how to explain this better cuz i'm romanian. I want to know if they will fitt inside and not hitting my Coilovers or any chassis part inside .

I know i might sound a little bit silly, don't judge me, but i want something different.

I really need your help guys, i really do, this is the only place and the proper place to ask for opinions.
                  My car is this :

As this car gives me a lot of problems with the engine, i decide to keep it for spares part and swap all the mods on the new one that i just bought it a few week's ago and for which i'm going to ,, rocket bunny'' mod it .

This one is the new that i'm working on, same color like the one that is modified, same year, 1994

I go for this look on a Probe

Last edited by filip_pine; March 22, 2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

oh they will fit. But depending on how low you are is the main thing.
                    If you plan on doing the flares, are you going to be cutting the original fenders underneath? That would allow for fitment and you to be lower.
                    93 PGT
                    94 PGT
                    95 PGT
                    07 MS6

Comment

My brain hurts

Comment

Originally posted by ZE-Infused View Post
                        oh they will fit. But depending on how low you are is the main thing.
                        If you plan on doing the flares, are you going to be cutting the original fenders underneath? That would allow for fitment and you to be lower.
                        Thanks for answering my questions ZE Infused and not reply with criticism like other fellows here...

I really don't know if i will be cutting the fenders underneath, as i still don' t buy the rims, i need to be thinking first what would be the correct size of the rims. I just see them tonight , i meet with the guy that sell the rims and 9.5 looks awesomefor the rear, yet 8.5 dosen't look so concave like i was thinkin and also 18inch looks little. So, my only option now is to buy a brand new set. I was taking in consideration Rear : 19inch 9.5 ET22 235/35/R19 and Front : 18inch 9.5 ET 22 225/35.
                        /R18

Do you think i will be able to fit this into the Probe ? I was swapping the KSport coils from my first Probe to the new one, depending on how the rims will look so i can adjust the height on the coils.
                        Last edited by filip_pine; March 23, 2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

For that look if you going for that low as well you'll have to cut the fenders and possible have a custom suspension or bags. I think if done correctly it can look amazing on a probe. If you want a concave wheel look for a lower offset so you don't have to use the spacers. You may even find a set with a nice lip on it that you like
                          My '97 GTS in its prime

Comment

If you had read the thread I linked you'd see that a 10" wide 22 offset wheel clears the front and rear suspension just fine. If the 10.5" wheel rubs the suspension add a spacer; It will rub the fenders, but you're cutting and flaring anyway.

Sounds like they'll fit just fine. Go forth with that knowledge and get cutting!
                            Ryan
                            '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                            SMF Prep:
                            MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

You need to get away from the thought of those spacers you have. Best to start with a wheel that fits close, then space if nessicary. Like you said Erock (94pgt94) is the man to look to for your specs. Shaun also has crazy things going on, but he's on bags now so it may be a little tough to compare

Comment

Working...
                              X