Fuse box swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse box swap

Okay, it's been a while since I posted on here. It's a long story with this car so I'll try to keep from rambling.

I have a 95 gt I bought a few years ago, clutch went and I sold it for 600. I also had a 96 GT with a turbocharger I was planning on using as a donor. Buyer took that as well and tried to continue what I started. He swapped the engine over, used the 95 ecu on the 96 engine which was running a piggybacked megasquirt v2.2 when it was in the turbo project, and tried to start it with a fuel leak.

One engine fire later, and I bought it back for 200 bucks because I couldn't let it go to the crusher. Anyway, I've cleared up the engine bay a lot, but now I have to swap a fuse box in to replace the melted mess that was the old one. I found a 93 se for 600, and I'm planning on running the engine standalone, is a 93 base fuse box compatible with the 95 gt chassis?

I'll post pics up later, just making sure I don't waste 600 bucks on parts I can't use.
    ='95 PGT=
    ='96 PGT=

The turbo project (chassis sent to scrap before I could do anything)
    https://thumb.ibb.co/iem0kk/received...4284772812.jpg

The results of the engine fire:
    https://thumb.ibb.co/eSdD5k/received...4279072812.jpg
    ='95 PGT=
    ='96 PGT=

Comment

Originally posted by 2.0L View Post
      He swapped the engine over, used the 95 ecu on the 96 engine which was running a piggybacked megasquirt v2.2 when it was in the turbo project, and tried to start it with a fuel leak.

One engine fire later... ...is a 93 base fuse box compatible with the 95 gt chassis?
      Sounds like a recipe for another fire to me! I don't know if they are the same -other than the engine difference. I would not be the one to experiment -unless you have the wiring diagrams for both and can verify that the same wires and pins are used.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
        Sounds like a recipe for another fire to me! I don't know if they are the same -other than the engine difference. I would not be the one to experiment -unless you have the wiring diagrams for both and can verify that the same wires and pins are used.
        I only need it to control the wipers, lights and signals, and I believe the wire bundle runs in to the dash through the fender too. I'll get the diagrams if I can. Thanks
        ='95 PGT=
        ='96 PGT=

Comment

i think when i did my SE to GT swap i had to swap the engine harness and fuse box fender harness because of the connection from the fuse box harness and the ecu harness.
          95 PGT Current project
          95 PSE swapped in 93 KL...Headers.... K&N cold Air.... Gutted Caged and ready for Dirt
          01 Seabring Convert 01 Neon Rims With Spacers..
          99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

why not just swap out another loom?
            Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
            Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
            Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Working...
            X