This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megasquirt Code Updates

First of all BEWARE, what you do with any of this information has the potential to DESTROY your engine.

When you post the configuration file, please be sure to include the Megasquirt Code version... (example:"MSnS 3.01" or "MSnSExtra021i"). Also include Model, Year, Engine mods... stuff like that so people know what engine the code will have a chance to work on.

This can not be a substitute for information you NEED to know. If you have no idea what a version of code is, or have little to no idea what certain options mean... please do not experiment with things you do not properly understand to begin with. In other words, do not take someone elses setup file and use it as your own ASSUMING it will work for you as well. Please take the time to go through ALL of the settings and verify they will be compatible with your vehicle.

Examples of SOME of the things that can destroy your engine.

1. Running an inaccurate spark trigger angle (this will cause your ignition timing to be off... sometimes severely off).

2. Running the ignition advance table from someone with a car that has lower compression. The values may be higher than a ZE or DE motor can tolerate at certain KPA values.

3. Running dual table configuration with dual O2 compensation, when your megasquirt and car is not set up for it. This will cause your air fuel ratios to be SEVERELY off while cruising. If you are running dual O2 compensation without having both VE tables configured, the a/f ratio will be severely off ALL the time.

4. With megasquirt and spark... if you are running your spark output on a different output channel (configurable in code) you will have bad backfiring while trying to start... and you have no idea where the timing will be placed. This could do damage to your engine without even having it run. (during attempted startup)

Like I said... these are only some of the ways you can get yourself into trouble running somebody elses configuration files on your car. Please do your part to understand all the options and code variants, as well as what is necessary for your car to run (your required fuel, ignition trigger angle, spark output, etc...)

VAST amounts of information on all of the code variants and options can be found at http://msefi.com, and for MSnSExtra users (such as myself) http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

Please check out these sites if you have any questions before proceeding here.

Also, keep in mind. This is a post for links to files, and explanations of what they do. Try not to take it off topic, we dont' want to have people searching through pages of conversation to find what they are looking for here.
    Last edited by Ryanpzz; September 7, 2005, 06:42 PM.

For those interested in updating their megasquirt firmware. I have prepared an Upgrade Package and placed it on my website.

The version currently in the Upgrade Package is 025p. It is the version of code I am currently running on my car.

Some of the upgrades include:

-My latest version of modified idle code, with kpa compensation and multiple minimum idle values.
    -Much better Dwell Control.
    -Smoother interfacing with megatune, no more cutouts when opening megatune or switching between pages.

-More new features, which include Mass airflow control, more precise cranking fuel pulsewidths, various bug fixes, etc.

You are all welcome to try it out, I have included a few "sample" .msq configuration files, but I HIGHLY recommend that you save your VE and SPARK tables, as well as make several screen shots of various settings for reference as you will likely need to edit some settings when switching to the newer version.

It has been my experience that 024 series .msq files are somewhat compatible with this newer code (025p). You should NOT attempt to use any pre- 024 series .msq files with this code version as you will end up with MASSIVE configuration errors.

Please read the "readme" file in the upgrade folder.

AND NOTE THAT NOT ALL MEGASQUIRT UNITS ARE EQUIPPED WITH ALL OF THE NECESSARY HARDWARE TO SUIT ALL OF THE FEATURES THE NEW CODE PROVIDES. KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN DOING THIS UPGRADE.

If you have any questions about features, or how to impliment them (should you want to dabble with a little upgrading on your own), a lot of information is provided here.

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

Any problems with the code, can be discussed ini the http://msefi.com forums as well.

The upgrade has been packaged by me and is available for download at the following web address:

http://www.pazzer.net/pazzer/served/...quirt/Updates/

If you notice a problem, I'm best reached through PM, E-mail, or occasionally on AIM.

If you post in this thread I will be notified via e-mail and be able to respond accordingly. If you create a new thread I will not be alerted.

Please heed the warnings, and understand that this is by no means a mandatory upgrade. Many bugs and operational glitches have been fixed with this newer version. But if things are working ok for you now, and you're not certain you can handle the upgrade on your own, by all means LEAVE THINGS ALONE!

The upgrade however, is not difficult, and if you heed the warnings and read the readme's... you should be just fine.

A newer version of megatune is also included with this upgrade. It is preconfigured, and should work fine with a USB to serial adaptor.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Ryanpzz; March 15, 2008, 05:55 AM.

Comment

post moved to diff. thread.
      Last edited by mac1; October 2, 2005, 04:30 PM.
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

is it possible to rewrite code to utilise one of the other currently unused outputs to uses edis without losing led 17 or fidle out ?

I currently have already modified the other outputs as follows : x4 & x5 for vris control and x2 fan control with x3 being utilised for tach output.

am looking to do the fidle mod for pwm idle as per your code (think its yours)
        As i beleive this is what the ZE and DE motor have.

Here's a pics of my assembled MS so far -
        http://loki.wanetworks.com.au/images...bled%20002.jpg

so is it feasable or am i barking up the wrong tree ?

**edit** forgot to mention am running this latest code on rev 2.2 board.

Originally posted by Ryanpzz
        For those interested in updating their megasquirt firmware. I have prepared an Upgrade Package and placed it on my website.

The version currently in the Upgrade Package is 025p. It is the version of code I am currently running on my car.

Some of the upgrades include:

-My latest version of modified idle code, with kpa compensation and multiple minimum idle values.
        -Much better Dwell Control.
        -Smoother interfacing with megatune, no more cutouts when opening megatune or switching between pages.

-More new features, which include Mass airflow control, more precise cranking fuel pulsewidths, various bug fixes, etc.

You are all welcome to try it out, I have included a few "sample" .msq configuration files, but I HIGHLY recommend that you save your VE and SPARK tables, as well as make several screen shots of various settings for reference as you will likely need to edit some settings when switching to the newer version.

It has been my experience that 024 series .msq files are somewhat compatible with this newer code (025p). You should NOT attempt to use any pre- 024 series .msq files with this code version as you will end up with MASSIVE configuration errors.

Please read the "readme" file in the upgrade folder.

AND NOTE THAT NOT ALL MEGASQUIRT UNITS ARE EQUIPPED WITH ALL OF THE NECESSARY HARDWARE TO SUIT ALL OF THE FEATURES THE NEW CODE PROVIDES. KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN DOING THIS UPGRADE.

If you have any questions about features, or how to impliment them (should you want to dabble with a little upgrading on your own), a lot of information is provided here.

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

Any problems with the code, can be discussed ini the http://msefi.com forums as well.

The upgrade has been packaged by me and is available for download at the following web address:

http://ryand2.cjb.net/LatestMSCodeUpdate/Upgrade.zip

If you notice a problem, I'm best reached through PM, E-mail, or occasionally on AIM.

If you post in this thread I will be notified via e-mail and be able to respond accordingly. If you create a new thread I will not be alerted.

Please heed the warnings, and understand that this is by no means a mandatory upgrade. Many bugs and operational glitches have been fixed with this newer version. But if things are working ok for you now, and you're not certain you can handle the upgrade on your own, by all means LEAVE THINGS ALONE!

The upgrade however, is not difficult, and if you heed the warnings and read the readme's... you should be just fine.

A newer version of megatune is also included with this upgrade. It is preconfigured, and should work fine with a USB to serial adaptor.

Good Luck
        Last edited by ausloki; October 7, 2005, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Ausloki

Why?

You should still have Fidle for idle control, and LED17 is useless (just a flashing light unless you use it for spark output).

Comment

yep ,worked that one out a while ago
            was an old post.

Comment

post not relavent anymore.
              Last edited by Jasbo; December 11, 2005, 07:36 PM.
              1996 Turbocharged Probe GT SOLD.
              T04B, Megasquirt 2
              CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES
              H-Trim TO4B, 262whp / 272wtq

Comment

The code works great. One addition that really helped was the added 160 degree afterstart enrichment value. What would really be nice is a 180 degree value added as well. For us with 550's, it seems to run lean at that temp and cause stalling, but theres no way to add fuel.
                94 MX3 V6 - 403 whp 412 ft lbs 15 psi pump gas. RIP
                98 Ford Ranger 2wd: 5.0L twin turbo. 10 psi 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs 14 psi 478 rwhp 632 ft lbs
                04 Volvo S60R 6 spd

Comment

I'm upgrading to 029v and was looking for a newer msq file to get a baseline for some of the settings. Can someone post a current msq please.
                  4 wheel Toys: 93 PROBE 2.9 Turbo KL MSnS ---- 96 Cobra 506rwhp ---- 04 Ram 3500 Diesel
                  Bikes: 06 R1 -- 02 KTM 400exc -- 05 R6 track bike --
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602002

Comment

whats your email... i'll try to send you mine but hotmail always screws with the format
                    DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
                    Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
                    BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

Originally posted by jmmdm2
                      whats your email... i'll try to send you mine but hotmail always screws with the format
                      That would be great. I sent you a pm with my email address.
                      4 wheel Toys: 93 PROBE 2.9 Turbo KL MSnS ---- 96 Cobra 506rwhp ---- 04 Ram 3500 Diesel
                      Bikes: 06 R1 -- 02 KTM 400exc -- 05 R6 track bike --
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602002

Comment

Ryan's upgrade link to download the file is dead, I know the post is almost 3 years old but it's still stickie'd. Is my computer just being dumb or is it actually a dead link?
                        Thanks, J
                        ...and we're back!

Comment

hopefully fixed.

Comment

works like a charm, thanks Ryan, can you check my 36-1 wheel info thread i just started and give me your thoughts when you get a chance.
                            Thanks, J
                            ...and we're back!

Comment

Who do you guys use to tune your cars? I haven't had a probe in a long time and I'm getting back into it and seems to be a whole lot to catch up with

Comment

Working...
                              X