my car died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowrob View Post
    If you bump the starter and it looses power that means you have battery terminal issues.
    battery terminals are perfect, it's a new battery. The connections are great, I can't figure it out.
    you'd think a fuel relay clicking would mean I should be getting fuel but there's no fuel pressure. The relay clicks, I'm pretty sure it's the fuel relay anyway. I could double check tomorrow.

engine cranks fast and healthy
    no spark, no fuel

coil is getting power up until I crank, then the coil loses power, man shift blinks repeatedly. No power at the coil until the key is removed, then re-inserted and put into the on position, coil then gets 12v both terminals. Cranking kills the power to the coil again.

what's this deal with the man shift light?

grounded STI wire reports no codes through Check Engine light.

This car is turning me sour

Comment

If you was close to me I would take a look at it for you. It's hard to truly diagnose a car over the internet though. I had one that said they had fuel and great spark, the motor turned over perfectly, ran great when parked but wouldn't start. When I actually got to hear it in person it was obvious to me it was the timing.

I just had another friend with his KL show up with problems yesterday. It ran but was missing pretty bad. He had just worked on the plug wire so my first question was, "Did you remove them all at once or one at a time?" He claimed one at a time, but I ended up finding that he had switched out the wires for #1 and #5.

First put the Chilton away and relax. Now lets look at what you have stated about your car. The car ran. You felt that there was a battery drain and was checking on things for that. At which point you removed all of the fuses and reinstalled them. At this point the car would now not start.

No when i work on or mod my car one thing i do is fire her up right after I finish my work. If she starts I am golden. If she does not I need to recheck my work. For example my buddy with the bad timing replaced it and the car still would not start. He swore that the timing was right, but when he went in and pulled it back apart he found out it was slightly off.

Now when looking at fuses it is easy to tell on some if they have blown or not. Others can look perfect but still be blown. At this point I can only suggest that you go and look at the fuses again. Mainly all of your main fuses. remove each fuse one at a time. Check the plug on both sides for any signs of corrosion. Next take your multimeter and set it to check resistance. A lot of multimeters have a tone setting for when a connection is made. That would be the best setting in this case. Now test each fuse to with the multimeter to make sure current can get from one side to the other through the fuse. If it is good then the tone will sound (if your meter has that feature).

I would start out Focusing on the main fuse box first. If they all check out then look at the interior fuse box. I feel the problem is one of the fuses in the main box. But I have been known to be wrong before. Just ask my wife. lol

Good luck and keep us updated.
      1993 Probe GT
      2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

i grounded the sti connector for the 4eat brain under the dash and it reports a bad throttle position sensor, but manual inspection of the wiring and tps show the tps to be working fine.

all fuses passed visual inspection and VOM inspection
        thanks

Comment

replaced 4eat transmission control unit, same issue.
          no spark, no fuel, tcu reports throttle position sensor.

what am i missing?

Comment

if you havent checked the timing belt id have someone crank it while you look in the oil cap to make sure the belt isnt brok. id also try intsalling a new fuel relay its the green one under the hood.
            94 PGT
            [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

it doesnt sound like the TPS
              95' pgt stock, black with sunrooof.

Comment

tps wont make the car die. ive drove around without one even on before.
                94 PGT
                [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

i can't see timing going off randomly from a fuse pull and check, but i can check it out. there are no green relays under the hood, just a couple yellow ones and some black ones.

the rpm needle jumps in key on, but doesn't move in cranking.

would a bad crankshaft position sensor cause this? where would i locate that?

thanks

Comment

how are you progressing? it has been about a week and no news.

Comment

Originally posted by pek32132 View Post
                      how are you progressing? it has been about a week and no news.
                      I've been under the weather lately, yesterday I went out and performed a wiggle test on the Engine fuse with key on. I could hear the fuel pump relay clicking as I wiggled. Finally managed to wiggle it into a good spot and the car started up when cranking. Tapping the Engine fuse lightly killed the Engine. The fuse is good (it's new) but there's something wrong with the fuse panel

The fuse box under the dash is broken or has corrosion somehow, I'll need to pull it out and look it over when I'm feeling better.

Thanks for all the ideas and help, I've learned a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X