Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can purchase the circlips from Mazda.. after testing and comparing a reman axle circlip to a Mazda circlip.. BIG DIFFERENCE! I just had the same issue (jammed circlip on the driver's side.. ended up resulting in dropping the transmission to cut it off.. not fun ) If you want to buy them, you can order them from Mazda for sure.. very common and still used part I found out.. I think mine were about $4~5 for the pair.

Best of luck!

Comment

They found ones actually from our cars or just found a universal one. They god one for out cars but had to look around to find it as I said before.
      Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
      Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
      R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
      I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

Are you saying that you dont have to remove the axle nut? Just pop it out of the tranny? If I dont have to mess with taking the ball joints off that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by inside0ut
          Are you saying that you dont have to remove the axle nut? Just pop it out of the tranny?
          You do NOT need to remove the axle nut. It will pop out of the tranny and you can hang the axle on the fuel line going to the bottom of the fuel filter. It works like a charm!

Mike
          96 PGT - 14.639 @ 91.54 mph N/A 2.025 60' - 2605 lbs
          CS Lip ll Megasquirt ll ZE-IM ll Hotshot Headers ll PRM CAI ll Illuminas/Intrax ll 6 puck/MX3 FW ll RR Shifter ll 19" Giovanna Kobell Black Roof ll Black Leather
          93 PGT-ZE - 14.433 @ 96.06mph N/A 2.159 60' - street tires - 2555lbs
          ZEX ll Seli Cams ll Walbro ll Fidanza/DXD ll Addco ll PS Headers ll 65mm TB ll PRM CAI ll Blues and GC's ll MX6 Black Leather

Comment

my best was under 2 hrs with engine included
            Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos ....
            What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
            Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
            For PSP Awareness click here

Comment

Great write up

Me and my dad did my clutch in just over an hour. but i have th unfair advantage of a hoist and my dad owns a shop. so that isnt to fiar.

Comment

Been there! You do need a helper when you take it loose and while putting it back in. This will save time and much safer. Try to raise the car as high as you can but not out of reach of your floor jacks reach. Make sure you have a 5" round jack point jack not on of those little suckers. Mine was a biotch to get out, very stubborn. Going back in is not all that easy as well. Make sure you get all the ground wires off. I missed the main one and had to cut it as at this point it was getting crazy while it almost fell off the jack. This is a tough job if you have never done this before. I will not do it again. I have a shop that will do this for 380.00 in labor. As far as I am concerned that is worth it unless I buy a lift and the proper trans jacks. To much time and I am getting to old to roll around on the floor for 7 hours.
                93 Black MX6, KLZE, SS AutoChrome headers, K&N with ATPturbo rubber inlet, Underdrive pulley, no cat and mid resinator, Dynomax SuperTurbo Muffler and 3R Racing Resinated tip, Probinator Chip, Exedy Clutch, RR Poly Mounts and Tran-saver. Have Eibachs and soon to put them with Tokico Blues or maybe Illuminas. 17" 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T wheels with grafted on Mazda 6 center caps. Will get pics.

Comment

damn it took me that long just read the directions
                  fine job my friend
                  it took me almost a weeek of early afternoons working to late evenings to put clutch in my daughters 94 gt
                  take a bow and what does that break down to installation price by the hour so i know who to call next time lol
                  fine job

Comment

Stay Tuned...the complete KL-ZE Swap instructions are coming soon
                    ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                    ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                    ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

hey guys i'm needing to change the clutch in my 93 gt and was wondering how important is it that i relieve the fuel system pressure first, and if u would recomend me getting the fly wheele turned... thanks

Comment

I dont think I relieve the fuel pressure when I did it...I dont know why you would need to, and yeah if you're changing the clutch either resurface your flywheel or by a lightweight one if you have the money, you could always look for an mx3 which are fairly cheap
                        My Old Cars
                        I had a blast at probetalk thank you all for your help, what a great community.

Comment

for posting this thread travis ...
                          Now i can do it my self and save so much $ for othere things..

Comment

yea resurface your fly wheel
                            1994 Acura Integra GSR

Comment

lol takes me under 2hrs to do the whole engine lol i guess it has to do with me setting up my own wire harness and lines. but none-the-less i think its a cool thing lol. good write up though man i just think it would have taken me longer to remove just the tranny then the whole engine and tranny.
                              Last edited by showngo; April 13, 2006, 06:36 AM.
                              ~Dustin~Infantry leads the way!
                              Lazi Ramadi
                              "But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." William Butler Yeats
                              Race PGT aka "Spidey" Blue PGT aka "the anti-spidey" White PGT Rio-Red PGT Budget Hotrod project '02 Jeep Jeep play-thing

Comment

Just a little side note for this procedure. Remove/disconnect the battery. For the first time in my time owning/working on this car, I left the battery in. While dropping the tranny w/ starter attached, the positive lead on the starter (which obviously still had some electricity left in it) got snagged on my stainless steel clutch line. First was smoke, then. . . . . yes, FIRE!! Blue flames just a burnin away (blue ATE fluid). Thank god I had a hose not more than 10ft. away. Took me two days to get another line made for $20 which was good. And this writeup definately improved my time over the last clutch! Awesome writeup.

Comment

Working...
                                X