Pittsburgh Emissions Testing/Inspection and Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh Emissions Testing/Inspection and Headers

Hey all! I'm in Tennessee right now, but I just took a job around West Mifflin/McKeesport and will be moving to the area toward the end of the summer.

My question is involving the emissions inspection in the area. We do not have emissions testing or vehicle inspection of any kind in East Tennessee, but I think I can figure out a way to get my pgt to pass a tailpipe test if necessary. I am wondering, however if headers will cause me to fail the visual inspection.

I don't have headers right now, but I have been doing some work to get the car ready for the move and I know I have an exhaust leak in my downpipe.

So do I repair/replace my existing downpipe or do I get headers and install these instead?
    Red 1994 pgt - 2.5L V6 - 5spd

Anyone?

Does anyone with headers have any comments about what you do for vehicle inspection in your area?

Comment

Ok, I think i'll be fine with headers/inspection. From what I have read elsewhere online, most headers are 50-state street legal, and as long as they don't modify the SMOG and emissions stuff, they should do just fine.

Any comments here?

Comment

i have had no problems passing in Alleghany County (west mifflin area), as long as your egr is still hooked up, if not their are a few shops that will over look minor details like that
        97 PGTS, chrome konig 18" rims, dual exhaust, auto meter guage pod, H4 head lights, HEI mod, msd6a, blaster coil 2, B&M STS, CAI, Exedy Clutch, NGK irridium plugs, NGK spark plug wires, NOS wet kit!
        MECP cert. CET license and FCC cert.

Comment

Working...
        X