Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > Probe Pic & Video Post

Probe Pic & Video Post Post your PROBE-RELATED pics and Videos here!

Old July 4th, 2017, 12:37 PM   #1
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
After 9 years, back in a PGT

Just copped this biscuit last night. 93 PGT, 5-speed, completely virgin car. 1000 bucks.

What it needs

-Water pump
-Lift supports for the hatch
-probably master cylinder
-Radio doesn't work
-Passenger door is coming apart
-Massive exhaust leak at the Y-collector it sounds like it has open headers
-Tires soon, these are old
-AC doesn't work

What it will get

-KLZE swap with a mild NA build
-Trans swap of some sort. I want to see if the G35-M 6-speed fits, from the Mazda 6, or if I can cross-pollinate a 6-speed solution into this car
-My Gen IV Hotshot headers, test pipe and Greddy SP2
-Mild suspension build
-In-dash DVD
-CB radio because trucker life
-MS6 brakes and some sort of 17" wheels

Pulls like a freight train out of the hole in 2nd and howls like my old 94 PGT did the 5 minutes I ran open headers on it lol. 150k on the clock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19248112_496912547316096_2296777604862692287_n.jpg (97.8 KB, 52 views)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #2
93lazerpgt
Slow Learner

Would love to know if the 6 speed will bolt up.

She tends to argue with me daily...yep it's a Probe
93lazerpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 01:24 PM   #3
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Welcome back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 05:00 PM   #4
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

It's not bad I've already got some headway on the interior. I might have to replace the passenger door panel if I can't save it. I've already fixed a couple things on the inside. How do I remove the factory radio? I have a decent Pioneer unit I'd like to put in.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
Old July 4th, 2017, 05:13 PM   #5
pgt4speed
POC Mod

Fantastic!
pgt4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 06:00 PM   #6
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

AC has nothing in the system and I need the 134 thingy to fill it so that's on the docket for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, will get all the legal BS done with tag and title. I have to go through the KL parts bin and see what I have left over from the 94. Finding a 16mm water pump has been a challenge because all the parts houses have the 32mm and naturally I found the 32mm pulley I had while rooting through the bin like 10 min ago. I should have the phenolic spacer kit still, a G4 mani, a set of cams for regrind (is Colt still doing bb's?) and some other odds and ends.

Old July 4th, 2017, 07:46 PM   #7
LowClassCC
Fazda Tuning

Welcome back!

LowClassCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #8
BLUEnoEQ

Curious why you think it needs a master cylinder?

BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #9
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

It leaks and the clutch goes straight to the floor sometimes when braking or accelerating, then after the gear change it comes back.

Got some more stuff, my water pump came in, and I bought a cheap JVC headunit, and found some of my bolt-ons in storage so those might go on. Friend owns a lift and will let me work on it tomorrow so looks like my belt and pump are getting done tomorrow. Tonight, AC and the headunit are on the docket for work.

Old July 5th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #10
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

AC has bigger problems than I thought, compressor wont come on and fuses are good, apparently it's charged too. either the compressor is shot or it isn't getting voltage. fml for not being around this shit for 9 years I've forgotten everything. We jumped the low pressure switch that did nothing.

Old July 5th, 2017, 09:02 PM   #11
BLUEnoEQ

Carry on. Thought you were talking about the brake master.

Old July 6th, 2017, 08:36 PM   #12
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Ended up being the clutch master. What a pain in the dick to replace. Any tips for getting that nut back on in the interior side of the clutch master?

AC compressor is also shot so the entire AC system will be overhauled and replaced at some point, right now the timing belt and water pump and everything that goes with it are priority. Did get some stuff done today though.

Last edited by j-dogg; July 6th, 2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old July 6th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #13
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Pics now that I got my host software working again.

Night that I bought her. Story time. Bought it in St. Pete, FL about 3hr from home. Mom followed me home in her car behind me. Made it all the way home got two miles away cops saw me and flipped on their lights across the intersection to come after me, saw it and was coming into a 2-1 merge lane, opened it up in 3rd and got to the double yellow before them, mom was behind me, they can't pull me over lol.

put it on the lift today to see what it needs, my god it's worse than I thought. This may have been a salt belt car.

did get this installed myself, it's a cheap unit but it works well and I wired it in a cinch with a PnP kit. i'll put a DVD in later.

and now some CARNAGE. Best part, this isn't the factory muffler either. I can get my arm through the big hole and pop my hand out the other one. It also has a large hole at the y-collector flange. This is not a problem, I have an original set of Gen IV Hotshot headers, y-pipe with EGR blocked off, test pipe and a Greddy SP2. Just have to get it prepped for install, the headers will be the last thing that goes on because I don't know if the exhaust bolts will make it out of the engine without shearing off. I plan on a KLZE swap soon but not yet, I want to get it mechanically sorted before I start trying to go fast. I need to do something soon though, because essentially I am open headers now.

Old July 7th, 2017, 04:41 AM   #14
trakman
Slow Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
Ended up being the clutch master. What a pain in the dick to replace. Any tips for getting that nut back on in the interior side of the clutch master?

AC compressor is also shot so the entire AC system will be overhauled and replaced at some point, right now the timing belt and water pump and everything that goes with it are priority. Did get some stuff done today though.
persistence, my friend. went through it about a year ago. requires that you be a bit of a contortionist with slim nimble fingers. still haven't figured out exactly how I got it done, since I'm not and I don't.
97GT still driving, temporarily sidelined-live bumper cars
trakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2017, 10:13 PM   #15
BLUEnoEQ

That color or close enough should be available in a spray can, if there's any spots you want to touch up. Performance white but I think they renamed it. Oreilly's or Advance had it. I'm in the salt belt myself, none of my exhaust manifold bolts gave me trouble taking them out, off my 94, my 95 and my ZE had original manifolds too. Be careful putting the middle 3 back in, (2 top 1 bottom.) I bought all new ones, in those 3 front and rear they kept turning never tightening. I'm lucky I used the old ones again for those and they held fine.

Old July 8th, 2017, 08:00 AM   #16
KLZE Porsche

From what I can see of the undercarriage near the muffler -it doesn't look terribly bad. I have had cars and seen some with far worse.

Old July 9th, 2017, 06:48 AM   #17
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Up on jacks

The red tint is from the large umbrella I was using to shield me from the Florida sun

Done.

Used Leska's guide, replaced the belt, water pump and the tensioner, this car had the original tensioner from 1992 date stamped on the back.

Also uh.....how do I get all this grease off? Lol this is why I loved the black one I had, some of her parts live on in this one, the strut tower braces will later today.

So now that the engine is wrapped up, for now, the AC is the next project for this car. I believe the compressor is shot, and the lines are definitely leaking there's bubbles in the rubber insulation. Once I get that sorted out I will turn my attention to the muffler, or lack of one. I might hold off on the header install until the KLZE swap because the leak is after the Y-pipe anyway.

One thing I have definitely learned, this was a very neglected car, and the mechanic they took it to should be ****ing shot. The lugnuts were torqued to 300ft.lb., my Freightliner is rated for 400 on the drive axles. The water pump bolts were overtorqued too, and I suspect this car has ebay parts on it. This car suffers from the same problem my black one did, the previous owners. But I seek to do something about that.

Last edited by j-dogg; July 9th, 2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old July 9th, 2017, 08:19 AM   #18
Brizzy
Turbo Member

Your rear wheel is on backwards.

M62 In Progress...
Brizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #19
pile_of_rd1

Simple green and a terry cloth

Scott
pile_of_rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2017, 01:23 PM   #20
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzy View Post
Your rear wheel is on backwards.
Holy shit, PT can't be dead! Someone caught my backwards wheels within a week of buying the car lol

Old July 10th, 2017, 05:03 AM   #21
Brizzy
Turbo Member

Someone has to keep up with the wheel police.

M62 In Progress...
Brizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2017, 05:38 PM   #22
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

J-dogg I remember when I last changed my clutch master cylinder. It was a procedure that included sicking a small magnet inside the socket, putting the socket on a 1/4" drive swivel, placing the swivel on the end of a medium extension bar, and spinning it on by hand through some hidden little gap that you only find when you are upside down on your head.. in the floor pan.

I may have pulled the lower steering column shroud away or something.. its been a few years ago. I forgot how I got it in place so easily, but it was literally one minute to get that nut fastened.

it helps to have some kind of tiny, bright, magnetic LED lamp in there too!

MSDKLZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #23
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

cleaned up a little bit, will be coming home in a couple days to work on it again, doing door speakers and both belts this time around.

questions on BBK's, I was eyeing the Wilwood MS6 kit says it fits with a 17" wheel theoretically it should fit on PGT with a 17" wheel?

Old July 18th, 2017, 03:56 AM   #24
KLZE Porsche

Looks like it is coming around well! Nice Photog! Wish I still had an eye for it! I lost that along with my back and knees I guess!

Old July 18th, 2017, 06:38 AM   #25
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

yea it's getting there. Somewhere I have a PT sticker a member made on here and I had two of them made, one for my base, and one for a PGT I was about to buy that got sold before I could get to it and I'm trying to find that 2nd sticker, or the guy who made them.

Should be home tonight, will get started on it again tomorrow.