No announcement yet.

parting out '96 probe se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waiting on those pics, I leave tomorrow.
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

maybe next time if you still have it before christmas. Next time i'll bring the trailer and haul it away as is. If you dont have a camera just describe it to me as best you can, I want to restore it.

Comment

chavez, you should have kept the tomato.
        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

The Tomato had more sentimental value to SCPOC as a whole but not anyone that owned it in the condition it was in. I should have taken detailed pics of it for you to see but even then the pics wouldn't have shown it's age. Everything was worn out, dented, bent, hanging, creaking, leaking, grinding, burning, cracked and consuming. The only things that were in mint condition were the wheels and tires. because I mounted Rami's old Hankooks on Lino's chrome swirlies.

I'm always on the look out for cheap fixer uppers to flip and make a lil profit but the Tomato was no longer itself. Pimp my ride would have just given me another car rather then restore it, if you get my meaning? It did do one good thing for me and that was get me home at 28mpg, I was surprised considering how much oil it burned. It smelled really bad at hwy speeds. I mean I bought it for $300 and put $350 into it and my only loss was time spent hunting down parts to do a mild restore job. And since your an accountant i'll say this, the $350 spent included the gas I used driving from PYP to PYP.

Why just last week while I was still in Long Beach, I went to look at a $600 base Probe in Cerritos!!! This thing was undoubtedly a daily driven bumper car. I could'nt believe how much damage it had, I had plans on pulling the engine and auto tranny out and putting it in a '98+ 626 and flip it. I looked the car over and imagined myself driving it back to Pheonix all the while hiding my face from embarrassment when I stumbled upon the smashed in windshield that I overlooked at first. The body damage was so much that I almost made a deal with the guy in plain daylight right before he pointed out the windshield. Turns out earlier that week the weekend soccer players across the street kicked one over and Bamn!

I guess i'm doing something similar to what your Brother is doing with those ZX2's that he specializes in. Now I've gone too long but since your a fast reader . Hey is it true you get some work again?
          Last edited by mac1; December 3, 2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

yep, i'm a fast reader and no, i'm still not working.

flipping cars really only works if you can pick them up cheap and not have to put out too much to get them into better shape to sell them. it helps if you can sell them quickly as well. slow turnover doesn't help you.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Hey you still there? is there body damage to the fender or bumper? is the wheel hit hard and is the strut bent in?

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                Hey you still there? is there body damage to the fender or bumper? is the wheel hit hard and is the strut bent in?
                there is not any damage to the bumper but it does have some fender damage....i dont think the strut is bent because the strut mount rubber is bent the way the strut is facing now...
                white color body has damage on the front lower control arm and axle. i4 engine (good compression on all cylinders) and automatic transmission that has been rebuilt and i have receipt to prove it, magnaflow muffler

this car needs to be gone soon $300 OBO the car is located in Reseda, CA 91335 and is gonna need to be towed

ok so i finally took some pics and here they are...

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...ts/photo-1.jpg
                http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...ts/photo-4.jpg
                http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...rets/photo.jpg
                http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...ts/photo-6.jpg
                Last edited by no13regrets; December 16, 2009, 05:33 PM.
                1995 PGT BLACK: CF hood, stock KLDE, Clutchmasters FX400, MX3 Flywheel, MS1 Extra, KLG4 coilpack with PRD wires, T3T04e turbo, same side intercooler, tial WG, custom fuel rails with nissan 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Eugo, Autometer gauges, 2.5" custom Borla catback, Tokico blues, Eibach springs, FD rims, J30 projector conversion......

Comment

Now you respond, lol. I was Cali last weekend with a trailer, so if by Christmas time it's still around i'll surely pick it up.

Comment

Now you respond, lol. I was Cali last weekend with a trailer, so if by Christmas time it's still around i'll surely pick it up.
                    when is the next time u coming out to Cali?
                    1995 PGT BLACK: CF hood, stock KLDE, Clutchmasters FX400, MX3 Flywheel, MS1 Extra, KLG4 coilpack with PRD wires, T3T04e turbo, same side intercooler, tial WG, custom fuel rails with nissan 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Eugo, Autometer gauges, 2.5" custom Borla catback, Tokico blues, Eibach springs, FD rims, J30 projector conversion......

Comment

if you read his post closely, he said when he'll be coming back.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Christmas time like the day before and up untill the 2nd. Gonna hit up the j/y all over while i'm there.

Comment

Christmas time like the day before and up untill the 2nd. Gonna hit up the j/y all over while i'm there.

if u want to make me an offer I can hold the car for u till christmas if u want it

Comment

Working...
                          X