Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 1st Gen (89-92) All

1st Gen (89-92) All Discussion of Maint Issues for 1st Gen (all models)

Old December 7th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #1
Brady

What cars will my '89LX wheels fit?

Hi Guys: I finally retired my Probe with 332,000 miles on it. I have four steel wheels with good snow treads on them and would like to advertise them for sale in the local papers.

What I need to know is what kinds of cars they will fit on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find out?
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #2
Brizzy
Turbo Member

5x114.3 bolt pattern. Not sure on hub bore or offset on the first gens.

M62 In Progress...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:03 PM   #3
P1P
Turbo Member

1st gen

5x114.3 bolt pattern

59.5 bore

12.5 thread type

2nd gen

5/114.3

12x1.5
P1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 06:00 PM   #4
Brady

Thanks for the responses.

What I need to know is how to find out what other cars they would fit on. There aren't many Probes in my rural area, so I would like to be able to advertise that, for example they would fit on a Corolla for certain years.
Old December 7th, 2017, 06:52 PM   #5
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady View Post

What I need to know is how to find out what other cars they would fit on. There aren't many Probes in my rural area, so I would like to be able to advertise that, for example they would fit on a Corolla for certain years.
You would have to check the center bores on most since that is a smaller center bore. But typically for large bore 2nd gen -they swap with Mitsubishi, other Mazdas, some Lexus (must use a hug-centric ring).

Your best bet is to use a tool like this to find matching bolt patterns and hub centers:

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-r...e-Database.asp

You will have to hit quote to see the correct address and keep the spam engines from killing you with their spam re-directs to other unwanted websites. After you see the correct address -then just copy and paste into a new web browser window.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 7th, 2017 at 06:55 PM.
KLZE Porsche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:58 PM   #6
Brizzy
Turbo Member

New civics are 5x114.3 but I'm not sure on bore ...

M62 In Progress...
Brizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 12:10 AM   #7
Brady