Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've encountered a (hopefully) small error/problem in trying to take advantage of this deal. I seems though I asked for the National probe owners discount, I was still charged full price for my set for my 89 MX6. In the first post it's said that Probe/MX6/626 shouldn't matter. Funny thing too, they don't have a listing for 1st gen probes in their application list, and the 2g probe part number is different than the 2g MX6 number. I will contact them to clarify my order, I just wanted to know if this would be an issue for others as well.

I'm not stressed since quite frankly I'd've ordered them any way. It'd just be nice to save the dough.
    Last edited by hotrodmex; May 17, 2005, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Sigh. I ordered a full set R4-S pads and got them reasonably quickly. The fronts were for a Wilwood Dynalite sized caliper with 11.75"x1.25" rotors while the rears were for stock calipers with the VOA Brake kit. After my experiences I can't recommend the pads. Stopping power is fairly poor - initial grip is very low and doesn't increase very nicely with pedal pressure. At least brake dust is fairly manageable. In my opinion, stick with a nice set of HAWK pads or whatever your preference is - They're cheaper anyway (even with the discount).

I'm back to US Brake SD3 compound on the fronts, but I'll leave the Porterfields on the rears for now.
      Sean Timothy Noonan
      2003 Volkswagen 20AE GTI
      1990 Mazda Miata

Comment

is this still good ??
        94PGT RIO RED SOLD
        PRD Short Throw Shifter,Hotshot CAI W/ K&N, H4 Conversion, Fog Light Mod,Eurolite Bulbs All Around, Ractive Front Strut Bar, Euro Side Markers,Redline MT-90 & MTL Fluid,Bosal Prosport Muffler,NKG Wires,NGK V-Powers Plugs,Clear Corners, Grill Kit,Painted Calipers, Kumho ECSTA ASX, Reverse EL Glow Gauges

Comment

Yes the deal is forever as long as I can tell... The people at Porterfield are very happy with the response from the PT community.

The deal is for stock caliper pads either in the R4 race version or the R4S street version. And the newest deal is for braided brake lines If anyone got anything other than that i have no idea what price or items you recieve or if Porterfield would offer a deal on these items. I believe they would concider stock replacement rotors, but not shure. Also They do sell hawk pads and I would think that they would give a deal on these pads. The next time, I see them I will ask if there is anything that they could do for us concerning HAWK pads. But no promises, its not their own line of pads so they may not have any control over pricing.

On a final note. If anyone belongs to SCCA or is a NASA member. Porterfield is offering discounts to these people also. I dont know the details.

Glad people are enjoying the discount and the performance of these pads.
          Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
          MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
          Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Has anyone installed the SS brake lines? How did they fit, any problems with leaks?
            Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
            1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

Originally posted by Fastest95PGT
              Has anyone installed the SS brake lines? How did they fit, any problems with leaks?

I have them along with the r4s, They seem to fit fine and no leaks, but I've only put about a mile on them as I blew my master cylinder right afterwards.
              95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

Comment

Originally posted by El Nacho
                I have them along with the r4s, They seem to fit fine and no leaks, but I've only put about a mile on them as I blew my master cylinder right afterwards.
                Keep us posted once you hit the 5 mile mark!
                Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi

Comment

Originally posted by Fastest95PGT
                  Keep us posted once you hit the 5 mile mark!

I'll have it fixed for the trip to HH. So i'll post about them after I get back.
                  95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

Comment

Any more info the brake lines? Stacey do you have the brake lines on or are you using the Goodrich
                    06 Evo IX, SSL - 417 HP / 418 TQ Stock Turbo
                    92 Galant VR-4 -#802/1000 GT3076, Robispec KW V3 / 94 Miata M-Edition - Stock
                    89 MX6 GT 4WS SOLD 89 PGT R.I.P
                    93 PGT /93 PGT-SOLD/89 PGT-R.I.P. /96 PGT R.I.P.

Comment

• Thought I'd fill you 1geners in. I got the pads a month or so ago along with the pads.
                      As for the pads
                      As for the lines
                      The lines leaked and I was like what the *******. I took 3 off and the Front driver which was the only one that did not leak is now stuck I went to Portfield today and took back the 3lines with the oem and he checked them out and said that the line at the adapter part that goes into the hardline was bottoming out so it could not reach. The only way that they would fit is if he grinded down the fitting. They have super good customer service and gave me options so he gave me my money back and now I need to get the 4th line out...

So in summary the 1gen lines don't fit!

Comment

• Ummm.. I hate to deflate a stern statement like " 1stgen lines dont fit" Because it is a stern statement. But I've had my lines on the car since I first posted about them. That was several months ago now and several hundred miles. I've had no leaks and no adjustments of any kind. I would suspect that they might have given you the wrong connector for your car. They asked me for what version I had. If you didnt mention that you have rear disk brakes that might be the reason why. Also if you installed them cross-threded you might also have a problem. I havent run into any of these problems with my set. I have rear drums and everything works fine, better than fine, great!. So I have to say.. "1ST gen lines do fit" make sure you note to them if you have rear drums or disk brakes..
                        MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                        Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

• Yes I did, and I even went to the shop with the oem lines and the guy himself told me that the only way that they would fit would be to grind them down now that he was looking at them

Comment

• Take pictures and compare them.. I have a feeling this is either user install error (you used two crush washers on each line, right?) or they accidentally sent you the wrong lines.

Comment

• I picked up the lines, I used 2 washers and that wasn't the problem area as it was the connection to the hardlines.............
                              Unless the Probe vs MX6 lines are different??

Comment

• In the first post of thread I linked 2 pics for people to see what the 1st gen Probe - w/ rear drum lines look like. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X