Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few of my Fbody pics

A few pics of my last "fast car".

Pic w/a good friend's 396 c.i. stroker LT1 Formula..

and a pic of our cars in action at the local 1/8 mile track...this was right after we both upgraded to our chrome wheels of course...

I'm a bad man

Twins! :grin:
    ~337 GTI~

Comment

Pretty sure I wouldn't call em twins.

Lookin good. What kinda times you runnin?

SlackPOC

Comment

On Sunday October 28, 2001 7:04 PM, RITWalter wrote:
        Pretty sure I wouldn't call em twins.

Lookin good. What kinda times you runnin?

ran.
        1/8: 7.47@95 (M&H DOT's 1.76 60')
        1/4: 11.76@121 (street tires, 2.0 60')

I'm a bad man

Comment

What did your friend's car run?
          Member # 258
          '93PGT - SOLD(twice) '92PGT - parted, '90 MX-6 GT - SOLD
          '18 Ford Super Duty SuperCrew 4x4

Comment

On Monday October 29, 2001 8:13 AM, thecause17 wrote:
            What did your friend's car run?
            He got three 1/8 mile passes on the stroker motor - best was 7.62@93mph. Two weeks later he broke the motor - valve came in contact with a piston damaging piston and cylinder wall. He was so broke at that point (threw all his extra cash in the stroker and a 12 bolt rear-end conversion time) he couldn't afford to fix the damage so he pulled the engine, put a stock motor and rear end back in the car and sold it. Sad tale, that's for sure. I think if I would have had the money at the time to buy his 12 bolt axle, I would have kept my car (since I couldn't go any faster without it) but alas I was in college and the funds weren't there

I'm a bad man

Comment

Gee thanks Tom, as if I wasn't wanting a 4th gen f-body bad enough already! :razz: Nice times on both cars! I think my next car may be a 'bird. :smile:

Comment

very impressive...not a bad color choice either :grin:
                98 LS1 Camaro M6
                sold 93 PGT MTX
                "Yes, you can whine about its plasticky cargo area finish, marginal visibility, cramped back seating space, obnoxious hump in the floor to clear the catalytic converter, and annoying 1-4 skip-shift programming. If it's Good Housekeeping-style practicality you want, please, go buy a minivan. That'll mean more SSs for those of us who just wanna go."
                -Matt Stone, Motortrend

Comment

Hey got any bigger pics, can't quite see them. Oh wait they are so damn big that they don't fit on the screen. hahaha

At least it was fast, cuz it doesn't have the look going for it. :grin:arin:

Black 99 F150 Lightning with a 2.3L Kenne Bell and extras 465whp/ 593ft/lbs 12.786@104.495
                  Black 91pgt 12.02@108mph, 12.04@115mph 12.06@119mph 350.6hp 425.6ft/lbs Best 1/8th 7.81@94.79mph

Comment

On Monday October 29, 2001 6:43 PM, probe this wrote:

"At least it was fast, cuz it doesn't have the look going for it."
                    Well since you have such terrible eyesight

On Monday October 29, 2001 6:43 PM, probe this wrote:

"Hey got any bigger pics, can't quite see them."
                    I figured I would make the pictures a little BIGGER for you so you wouldn't get the car confused with a certain black 91 PGT.

Guess my efforts didn't help you any.

I'm a bad man

Comment

There ya go... resized them for better viewing pleasure :grin:

Thomas
                      96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                      11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

very impressive...not a bad color choice either :grin:
                        Yes, I think we're all in agreement that white Camaros kick ass!

Comment

if you want to blow an engine 3 times like my friend and I did a few years ago, take a LT1 and supercharge it with 18lbs of boost on top of nitrous, ahh the good ol days, sold the mug..
                          ’93 GT rammed, totaled.. ’02 Platinum Silver WRX took it’s place….

Comment

On Tuesday November 6, 2001 3:35 AM, IsIt24 wrote:
                            if you want to blow an engine 3 times like my friend and I did a few years ago, take a LT1 and supercharge it with 18lbs of boost on top of nitrous, ahh the good ol days, sold the mug..
                            And you did this for fun? You can't reliably run more than 6-8lbs of non-intercooled boost on stock LT1 pistons. I've seen intercooled Vortech and ProCharger 9lb applications last - but come apart within a year or two - end result was always cracked pistons.
                            I'm a bad man

Comment

Working...
                            X