Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Probe Owners Clubs > SCProbes

SCProbes Probing South Carolina in True Myrtle Fashion!

Old July 27th, 2016, 05:29 AM   #5576
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSE View Post
What did you ever decide on??

Probably 2013-2017 STi base (would prefer premium for sun/moonroof). But will probably settle for a WRX again, only if it's premium.

I figure it's more worth getting the STi for lack of needing to mod it, and they don't lose value that quickly. Just see way more during the fall/winter months than I do during the summer. But then again I haven't test drove one to see if I really even need the extra STi features.

Also MSRP just keeps going up and up every year. Just outweighing everything right now, job isn't doing too good but I have money saved up for a car. Hoping I can get a new job beforehand.

For instance... here's a 2015 base model at the local VW dealership... https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4321/overview/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
opensource tuned by CMP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GONE

Last edited by livingsacrifice; July 27th, 2016 at 05:34 AM.
livingsacrifice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 07:03 AM   #5577
Snorb93GT
Donating User

Quote:

Yea but Germany used to be much more locked down. It's almost expected over here. More so unheard of (until recent years) over there. Not being a criminal has seemed to do a good job of keeping me off the radar of the police. Other people should try it some time.

Yep everyone is headed that direction it seems. Not me! Maybe 10yrs ago but that country (Europe as a whole) is being changed in a direction I would not want to be bringing children into!

How come you have been there so long but not yet posted any pics of anything cool?

Or are you one of those Facebook people still who does everything on there?
Haha, no. I rarely post on facebook. I do post a good bit on instagram, you can see some of my awesome exciting pics there (my account is public so you don't need to create a login to see) - https://www.instagram.com/summeroutside/

...wait, childREN? Are you and the missus increasing your population?
Old July 27th, 2016, 09:53 AM   #5578
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsacrifice View Post
Probably 2013-2017 STi base (would prefer premium for sun/moonroof). But will probably settle for a WRX again, only if it's premium.

I figure it's more worth getting the STi for lack of needing to mod it, and they don't lose value that quickly. Just see way more during the fall/winter months than I do during the summer. But then again I haven't test drove one to see if I really even need the extra STi features.

Also MSRP just keeps going up and up every year. Just outweighing everything right now, job isn't doing too good but I have money saved up for a car. Hoping I can get a new job beforehand.

For instance... here's a 2015 base model at the local VW dealership... https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4321/overview/
Yea I noticed the price creep going up over the last few years. I can't imagine paying $35k for an almost 2 year old Subaru! I didn't think it has gotten that far!

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorb93GT View Post
Haha, no. I rarely post on facebook. I do post a good bit on instagram, you can see some of my awesome exciting pics there (my account is public so you don't need to create a login to see) - https://www.instagram.com/summeroutside/

...wait, childREN? Are you and the missus increasing your population?
Increasing? Ha. No. Population at my house has been 4 for quite some time now
ShadowSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 10:04 AM   #5579
Snorb93GT
Donating User

Quote:
Increasing? Ha. No. Population at my house has been 4 for quite some time now
wtf really? When did you guys have a second?? Boy or girl?
Old July 27th, 2016, 12:43 PM   #5580
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
Yea I noticed the price creep going up over the last few years. I can't imagine paying $35k for an almost 2 year old Subaru! I didn't think it has gotten that far!

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I know right. Base price on a 2017 is 37k, absurd. Subaru did some weird crap with the latest gen models, why does the WRX have the FA20 2.0 BRZ engine with 6spd and the STi have the older EJ25 2.5 with 6spd. That's why I'd ideally like to go for the 2013-2014 years, plus I think they look better with that widebody.

Speaking of, I saw Kareem is trading in his STi, I think he has a 2012 or 2013, wish he was selling it rather than trading as I'd jump on that. Probably not enough room for all the kids, he's having yet another one.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old July 27th, 2016, 05:12 PM   #5581
ErikLotter
Supercharged Member

Living sacrifice I'd be careful if you go the sti route Subaru has big time issues with the ej25 the problem is in the casting process for the Pistons they're not cast right and the ringlands become weak and crack over time and the engine consumes its own oil and will eventually spin bearings it doesn't happen every engine but they have many cases my neighbor "blew" his engine at 53kkk miles I personally would never buy a Subaru for that reason just my 2 cents

93pgt with 44k original miles sold...
93pgt 95k auto part out as of 1/5/12 pm me for parts
ErikLotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 06:28 PM   #5582
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
I know right. Base price on a 2017 is 37k, absurd. Subaru did some weird crap with the latest gen models, why does the WRX have the FA20 2.0 BRZ engine with 6spd and the STi have the older EJ25 2.5 with 6spd. That's why I'd ideally like to go for the 2013-2014 years, plus I think they look better with that widebody.

Speaking of, I saw Kareem is trading in his STi, I think he has a 2012 or 2013, wish he was selling it rather than trading as I'd jump on that. Probably not enough room for all the kids, he's having yet another one.
A guy who works for me traded his BRZ for a C6 vette. Not a huge vette fan (although I was considering a ZR1 before I bought the Viper) but man that BRZ was a complete turd. It felt like a poor handling version of my RX7 (which is not a pristine example of the breed in itself) but I'm fairly certain the 7 would give it all it could handle even with 25+ years on it. I'm sure the awd is nice and the turbo makes up for a lot but I can't even imagine a 4dr BRZ being any fun haha.

How many kids does he have at this point? I talked to him around Dorothy's funeral but haven't been able to keep up with him. We need a meet at some point!
Old July 27th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #5583
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLotter View Post
Living sacrifice I'd be careful if you go the sti route Subaru has big time issues with the ej25 the problem is in the casting process for the Pistons they're not cast right and the ringlands become weak and crack over time and the engine consumes its own oil and will eventually spin bearings it doesn't happen every engine but they have many cases my neighbor "blew" his engine at 53kkk miles I personally would never buy a Subaru for that reason just my 2 cents
They also seemed to have issues with the rings seizing up and not freely rotating around the piston making them lose compression or / and burn oil badly if I remember correctly.

He needs to just build a monster motor and drop it in the wrx he has and buy a comfy daily driver!

Old July 27th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #5584
ShadowSE
PT Guru

Quote:
wtf really? When did you guys have a second?? Boy or girl?
Over a year ago. Another me. That's all though barring some miracle of biology
Old July 28th, 2016, 01:12 AM   #5585
Snorb93GT
Donating User

Quote:
Over a year ago. Another me. That's all though barring some miracle of biology
Nice. Well, a belated congrats on that, lol.
Old July 28th, 2016, 05:17 AM   #5586
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
A guy who works for me traded his BRZ for a C6 vette. Not a huge vette fan (although I was considering a ZR1 before I bought the Viper) but man that BRZ was a complete turd. It felt like a poor handling version of my RX7 (which is not a pristine example of the breed in itself) but I'm fairly certain the 7 would give it all it could handle even with 25+ years on it. I'm sure the awd is nice and the turbo makes up for a lot but I can't even imagine a 4dr BRZ being any fun haha.

How many kids does he have at this point? I talked to him around Dorothy's funeral but haven't been able to keep up with him. We need a meet at some point!
Ah yeah I mean the BRZ looks nice but it definitely needs a turbo to feel "good". I wouldn't want one at this time in life as my main car, too small.

I talked to Kareem on facebook yesterday, he has a 2012 wrx, not sti. After hearing about what I wanted he suggested I just go 2010-2014 wrx instead of sti since I don't really "need" it. There's just other reasons I want a new one besides being able to drop a ridiculously oversized turbo in it. I haven't had time to do a lot of the modifications to it that I would automatically get from buying a newer model.

Kareem has 2-3 kids now and I think a 3rd or 4th coming if I recall, another boy. A couple of those could have come from the woman he married.

And I'm sorry but whoever it was that replied to our thread at random, I'm not going to take advice about your "neighbor" when I've owned my car for 5-6 years and have barely had any issues with it. I don't drive like a complete idiot, I'm not in my 20s anymore. Not to mention I've talked at length to various individuals at our local car meets about it and they've owned them since launch with no major issues.

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old July 29th, 2016, 02:42 AM   #5587
Snorb93GT
Donating User

Quote:

And I'm sorry but whoever it was that replied to our thread at random, I'm not going to take advice about your "neighbor" when I've owned my car for 5-6 years and have barely had any issues with it. I don't drive like a complete idiot, I'm not in my 20s anymore. Not to mention I've talked at length to various individuals at our local car meets about it and they've owned them since launch with no major issues.
lol damn, daylin pwning the intruder. GET REK'D.
Old July 29th, 2016, 04:49 AM   #5588
livingsacrifice
Donating Member

Quote:
lol damn, daylin pwning the intruder. GET REK'D.
Well when some random guy stumbles into our thread and I see the age of 21 I'm just like

opensource tuned by CMP

GONE

Old July 29th, 2016, 06:29 AM   #5589
Snorb93GT
Donating User

Quote:
Well when some random guy stumbles into our thread and I see the age of 21 I'm just like
Agreed