Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Discussion of Maint Issues for V6

Old May 11th, 2016, 04:44 PM   #251
J_Unit
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdonnell View Post
Glad this archive still exist. I was quoted $854 to do the clutch job excluding resurfacing the flywheel. Screw that. I plan to do this myself in the fall. Throwout bearing (I think) sounds like a chirping bird.
Yea I used this post too, along with my Haynes book, I probably would of never attempted it without this post as I've never done a trans job before. I remember seeing this post when browsing for other things and thinking man I hope I never have to do that, well the day came.

Anyway I would recommend a Transmission Jack if you are doing it alone unless you are Hulk like. It makes a huge difference.

Also if I were you I would change all 5 motor mounts while the trans is out if they are old. Well all 4 while it's out, change the one on the passenger side when you have it all back together.
J_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:26 AM   #252
browncoat4ak

Hey, you forgot to mention some of us have to remove the splash shield. At least one 22 year old car still has all her plastic! Also when working on the CV axle I don't generally remove the 12mm ABS sensor bolts (that have a reputation for breaking), pulling the line off the strut and the 10mm nuts in the fender well gives me enough room to work. (Though I suppose if the 10mm nuts aren't rusted I really shouldn't be worried about the 12mm sensor bolts...)
summer DD/play car
'99 Subaru Outback Ltd MTX: Stuff hauler, winter DD
'92 GL MTX SOLD.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
browncoat4ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #253
TravisWilliams_GT
yes.....wait, what?

Yes. That would negate the concern of the 12mm bolts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

----- Sold within NEPO and PT

----- STUPID FAST

----- Damn I miss her.
TravisWilliams_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 01:38 PM   #254
DatVash

And to think I'll have to be doing this soon too. An I just put in a whole new Rack and as of yesterday a new Power Steering Pressure line.

Last edited by DatVash; September 24th, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
DatVash is offline   Reply With Quote