Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my status

Hey guys,

Havent been around lately on pt. Ive been busy trying to get my car running. i did get a chance to start it last weekend. For fuel management i decided to throw my 440 injectors in and use the safc for now. who cares if i run insanely rich for the time being.

I did start the car up and surprisingly got it to idle good with the jcam and 440cc richness. I went to drive it down the street and instantly noticed no bov. since i have a much bigger turbo, piping etc, i didnt think much of it. i went wot on it. no boost at all. I pulled the car over and checked all connections and lines. everything looked good. went one more time. still no boost. instead of making a vacume noise, the turbo made a kazoo sound. at that point i took some of the piping off. i instantly noticed the turbo wasnt spinning freely at idle. I had it for the day and gave up.

Next day i take the turbo apart. i bought this turbo off of ebay because the guy said it was freshly rebuilt. I then notied that the guy screwed me over. the turbine shaft was previously snapped. the guy had it welded back together, bought a rebuild kit, and then sold it. Since i bought it in winter, i cant fight for the money back.

I just ordered a brand new evo big 16g yesterday. I am not totally screwed with the old turbo. i bought a used 14b turbo for like $80. the turbine & shaft are the same as the 16g. the rebuild kit the guy has is also in perfect condition. Hopefully ill be able to make 1 good turbo out of that and make up for some of my losses.

on the good side of things:

As of yesterday - Mike Glover from Tweecer got back to me with updates. i thought he aborted on working on cracking probe ecu so that we can use tweecer on our cars. i sent him some more pics and codes of our ecus. HE WAS ABLE TO CRACK THE FUEL AND IGNITION TABLES TO PROVIDE A PERFORMANCE TUNE ON OUR CARS. He is still working on some other things. This will diff be a nice alternative to megasquirt. all u need to do is buy tweecer, hook it upto the stock ecu and a laptop, and tune. We will be able to throw larger maf sensors on etc. Tweecer itself cost less then $400.

I will keep you guys updated. here are some mics pics:

how i got "shafted":
    http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/user...date%20008.jpg

Engine bay pics:
    http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/user...res2%20002.jpg

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/user...res2%20001.jpg
    Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
    Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

how you got "shafted" lol, such a comedian...

Good news, keep us updated
    Matt Hicks
    Silver 97 2.0 Turbo
    Factory Green ZX6RR
    If you have 1,000 posts and have not donated to PT, you should consider doing so.
    "We're all still learning."

Comment

well we be able to use tweecer if we have obd-2?

Comment

yes, tweecer hooks up via the J3 port located on the ecu. tweecer has a website. due to pt rules i cannot say what it is (should be the most obvious guess).

This site shows alot of info on the EEC ecus. Here is where you would hook the tweecer module upto:

http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=77
        Unnaturally Aspirated and Squirted Ford Probe
        Evo16g,Hybrid Custom Manifold,P&P,3angle VJ, and Milled Head, Oliver Billet rods,Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons,Apexi AVCR, 440cc injectors,Walbro 255hp,TypeRS Bov,Atx->Mtx,2.5 DP & MES Catback,RR-Sts,CM 2-R clutch, AWR Rad & Pan,Megasquirt2pcb3, maf delete/coilpack conversion

Comment

Working...
        X