Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private Message (PM) access is locked for post counts below 15.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do we read about the pm count having to be over 15?
    1989 GT, heavily modded....

Comment

Everywhere. I'm assuming a message comes up for those that it effects and you didn't see it since you are past that number.
      2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
      2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Im a newbie also, and while I can see your point about the 25 post minimum for sales, I dont agree with it. I am looking to buy a probe, and being a member of many other forums for other vehicles, mustangs, jeeps trucks etc, I know that these forums are loaded with folks who CARE about their vehicles enough to want to talk about them with other people. This is important to me because these type of folks normally take better care of their vehicles and just the fact they are here says they want to know more about their cars.

So where else would you go to buy a certain type of vehicle? Plus, as a newbie, I dont have the probe specific info to contribute to 90% of the topics. Perhaps, as a suggestion allow newbies to view the sale threads...but not allowed to start threads? Just my two cents for what its worth.
        If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your problems, you wouldnt sit for a week.
        ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Comment

Originally posted by tim73
          I am looking to buy a probe, and being a member of many other forums for other vehicles, mustangs, jeeps trucks etc, I know that these forums are loaded with folks who CARE about their vehicles enough to want to talk about them with other people. This is important to me because these type of folks normally take better care of their vehicles and just the fact they are here says they want to know more about their cars.

So where else would you go to buy a certain type of vehicle?
          Well you can first go to the section / probe owner club which resides in your local area or state here on pt.

Linky, Click Click! = http://forums.probetalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

You will find there are many Probe Owner Clubs / POCs all over the U.S. and Canada which reside on pt. I am thinking that you may probaly want to buy a car locally in your area and that may be your best bet. Your local poc members can help you find something locally which may be or may not be already modded. :

Probe Owner Clubs FTW!!! on ProbeTalk!

Originally posted by tim73
          Plus, as a newbie, I dont have the probe specific info to contribute to 90% of the topics. Perhaps, as a suggestion allow newbies to view the sale threads...but not allowed to start threads? Just my two cents for what its worth.
          There are many sections you can post in and contribute to a discussion other than the technical ones.

The Lounge
          http://forums.probetalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Photo, Video Section, Photoshop
          http://forums.probetalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1241

and so many more, before you know it you will have more than enough posts.

There are alot of great, friendly people in here who I hold a great deal of respect for. You find more than resources and classified deals in here, you may make close friends like I have.
          Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; June 12, 2007, 05:41 PM.
          Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

I`m in the same boat. I need 25 posts to see the for sale forum. I`m from germany and just looking for some parts for my probe. I want to contact poeple who sell the parts that i need.
            I don`t want to brake your rules, but how can I get 25 posts if my english is not very well and I understand only half of your messages?
            I don`t want to spam, but what can I do, only to see the market place and find some parts for my car from other probe drivers????

Comment

Read what I wrote above!
              Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
                Read what I wrote above!
                Okay, i try it. But it`s not very easy for me to write something in english......

Comment

Originally posted by drifterq
                  i need to get to 25 posts to view cars for sale... so im posting everywere..
                  I wish everyone felt this way, once you get a feel for what the community offers here, I believe that you will be here for a while and contribute your information like everyone should.

Comment

It's been a while since I joined but getting up to 25 posts really isn't that hard. It's just something else for newbs to complain about. It's a free site and VERY helpful, so if they want you to have a high enough post count to be a little more sure that you're not here to rip off everyone, so what. Just go along with it and contribute. Stop posting smilies and single words in random areas just to bump up your count.

I feel better now.
                    1995 Lincoln Mark VIII
                    I'm getting old... my sports car has air ride.

Comment

Im all for this 15 posts for PM and all that but i don't like it when people are going into threads posted nothing just to get their posts up

Example is in the aussie forum
                      http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701230277

i mean really he tried to get 2 posts by posting .. and /// into a thread in our section cause who would look at the aussie section on an american board.

I still think this is a good idea but i think you should think about something for these people who aren't even posting anything he has only posted 2 things that have any english at all the rest of the 15 posts he has gone into threads and kept posting ....

There should be a punishment for the people who can't even obey the simple rule of posting crap

If you want 15 posts go into the probe pic and video section and comment on the peoples cars and bam your already up to 15 posts
                      Last edited by NiN^_^NiN; June 23, 2007, 06:16 PM.
                      The "PIMP MY PROBE" Project
                      The First Electric Supercharged Probe
                      Project and car is sadly dead

Comment

Post whores are appropriately dealt with. Use the report button for problematic threads or shoot me a PM for problems you think you've spotted.
                        2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                        2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

will do just thought id bring it to attention to whats happened once this rule came into place
                          Last edited by NiN^_^NiN; June 24, 2007, 06:00 AM.
                          The "PIMP MY PROBE" Project
                          The First Electric Supercharged Probe
                          Project and car is sadly dead

Comment

why did my post count drop by 15 post since the last time i was on? I had 25 and was looking at the FS forum but am now down to 10 so i can't even send PMs... I'm confused, did my post get deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by skanetic
                              why did my post count drop by 15 post since the last time i was on? I had 25 and was looking at the FS forum but am now down to 10 so i can't even send PMs... I'm confused, did my post get deleted?
                              if you suffered a decrease in post count, more than likely it was determined that you were "post whoring" in order to inflate your post count.

post normally and you'll be at the required number in no time.
                              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I agree with having a certain amount of post before using the For Sale section. I have seen more than a few get taken for alot of money dealing with scammers. To be honest, I think there should also be a time limit. That might stop some of the useless posts if people had to wait a certain amount of days anyway. Just my $.02
                                94 GT-Eibach/blues, CAI, SS lines, s/cd rotors, tenzo seats, enkei 17s, 626 bar, 95 rear bumper w/lights, sleepy eyes & 3rd set of broken foglights

also known as "deduce37".

Comment

Working...
                                X