Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Discussion of Maint Issues for V6

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #1
unknowncitizen
Donating Member

Arrow Our transmission(G25M-R) in .PDF :)

click here
enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE
unknowncitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #2
focuszx3lover
you darn woodchucks

sticky!!!!!!
2000 F-150 33x12.50x17's Pro Comp Exteme At's, cold air intake, 4:10's, programmer
1994 PGT- just average stuff KLZE with colt turbo cams,some odds and ends for better oiling and cooling,fidanza flywheel, stage 5 dxd clutch,3 in. exhaust,awr mounts(88),turbo and MS with coil pack oh and a fuel pump somewhere in that tank time for some fun
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
focuszx3lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 05:35 AM   #3
djdaveflow

Very nice
djdaveflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #4
j-dogg
/p/hotoPOC

Location: pwning the crap out of supersquid in Unreal Tournament
Win of Bibilical Proportion.

For you lucky PAR guys.

93' PGT 157k stocker current boost project, JVC headunit, Alpine audio, trans saver, STBs
2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution 505hp 1800ft.lb., the money maker
j-dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #5
KeithnMikkii
PT Regular

WOW, would you be able to disclose the source of this document. If we were to find documents of this detail for the rest of the drive train.
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #6
z28forlife
Donating User

Awesome post!!

N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.
z28forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #7
stysinjimmy
Donating User

daddy like

stysinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Merlin
Donating Member

Wait a tick, so the same 5speed in the Probe/mx6 is also the same as in the 01-03.5 Protege 5's?

03.5 Protege 5 ZE Swap coming very very soon
02 MPV big dad pimp edition with baby seat mod.

Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM   #9
RamAirPGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Wait a tick, so the same 5speed in the Probe/mx6 is also the same as in the 01-03.5 Protege 5's?
You will notice that the G25M-R transmission is for the 01-03 626 transmission. The Protege 5 is different.

RamAirPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #10
JWMX3

awesome.... this will help me if i ever try to install a MSP LSD !
93' Festiva B3 MTX
JWMX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #11
short4stuff
On the Cutoff

Stickey/archive Someone Please.

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life
short4stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #12
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Saving to a top secret secure location when I get home from work...

Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #13
SBPGT
Five Star Member

I thought that the V6 Probe's transmission is actually the "G5M".

The link you posted is for the '01+ 626. But then there is info like this?

2002 Mazda 626 ES

SBPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #14
simply6foot2

I would like to propose a thought....
My friend is a HUGE fan of the Taraus SHO and the Contour SVT. He has been helping me with my project MX6 (24v PGT 2.5 Motor) after working on this car with me he brought something to my attention. The SHO trans will bold up to our motors. He actually thinks they are one in the same. They have two SHO's (2nd gen), a super coup, two Ranger trucks (one has a super coup motor), a first gen SVT contour and a 60's model T-bird...
He does all his own work and knows these cars but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about this. He has suggested installing a Quaife LS. I like the idea
simply6foot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #15
mac1
Probe has-been

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply6foot2 View Post
The SHO trans will bold up to our motors. He actually thinks they are one in the same. but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about this.
So after reading this lone post from this tall bastard, I wonder how much of it was a drunken post? If he's saying that his SHo bud is saying that it will bold up to a KL then why did he want our input. Hmm.

Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #16
96fazda

the only trans i know of that will work on the 2.5 v6 mtx are.. mazda mx6 626 protege (all 93 to 97) and the probes of course... all the same slightly different gear ratios tho
96fazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #17
kb3500

Magic

Thanks
kb3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #18
tom_ledoux
Slow Learner

Great info, I am on my way to check out some NOS KL short block assemblies and a couple transmissions for sale local. PM me if interested in a block.
tom_ledoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #19
palidin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply6foot2 View Post
I would like to propose a thought....
My friend is a HUGE fan of the Taraus SHO and the Contour SVT. He has been helping me with my project MX6 (24v PGT 2.5 Motor) after working on this car with me he brought something to my attention. The SHO trans will bold up to our motors. He actually thinks they are one in the same. They have two SHO's (2nd gen), a super coup, two Ranger trucks (one has a super coup motor), a first gen SVT contour and a 60's model T-bird...
He does all his own work and knows these cars but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about this. He has suggested installing a Quaife LS. I like the idea
better yet why the hell would you put this trans in a mx6/probe ? don't you know that tauras's are notorious for having junk transmissions ??? no offense but ill keep what I got.
Old April 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #20
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

Ah crap. I was trying to get my boss to sell me a 2000 mazda 626 tranny today and he said it would definitely not fit my PGT. I was thinking... "pffft!" but after trying to put my PGT driver side cv axle in there, it did not fit! I am disappointed now that I cant use this nice clean low mileage 00 626 tranny.

What can be done to make it work? different hubs and cv's ?

MSDKLZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #21
Pacman123
Slow Learner

Fantastic PDF. Thank you so much. I probably should have read that before rebuilding my gearbox 9 times just to get it right haha.
Pacman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM   #22
stevie_fresh

Tranny Swap in a 93 gt

So I just got my hands on a 93 gt automatic. I'll be picking the car up sometime this week. The guy is giving me a 5spd, and what he says, is everything I need to do the swap. Any feedback on doing this swap would be greatly appreciated. Kinda going into it blindly. Had 3 probes in the past, all of which were 5 spds, and none had the Klze. New experience I'm looking forward to just looking for some insight on the swap, and what kinda problems I'll be running into with it..thanks!
stevie_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:56 AM   #23
allnamestaken
PT Regular

If you have a new topic you wish to talk about, you should start a thread in the right catagory.

If you are looking for information you should use the search bar as the first step and if you cant find anything then start a thread asking as the second step.

searching "trans swap" i found this for you http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...ght=trans+swap
Thats a great start. and Welcome to the forums.
95 Jeep Cherokee - Auto, 4.0 H.O.,K&NSAI,31" Tires.
allnamestaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 09:12 PM   #24
94opalmtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by palidin89 View Post
better yet why the hell would you put this trans in a mx6/probe ? don't you know that tauras's are notorious for having junk transmissions ??? no offense but ill keep what I got.
??? Junk ??? Notorious ???
94opalmtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #25
PepsiMan007
Slow Learner

Yep agreed keep the probe tranny my gma drives a tarus>>>LOL

PepsiMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote