Probinator chip backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probinator chip backwards?

So this may be a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer and I know nothing about soldering.

I'm having someone solder in my Probinator chip onto my '93 KLZE. I've read of people putting in the chip backwards. I'm just curious how do you know if you're putting in the chip backwards as you're putting it in.

I don't want it put in and then to be like, well hey, it must be in backwards.

Well, as to the question of backwards- The chips have a mark on one end and so does the factory chip, just make sure you remember the direction of the mark. On a side note you could solder in a socket in place of the chip and that way the chips will be simple to install and remove, such as if anything comes up and you need to replace the chip again, or if you do put it in backwards the first time or even if you need to go back to the factory chip for some reason
    93 PGT-ZEIntercooled turbo, fidenza 9lbs, centerforce clutch, AFPR, mount inserts, ZE chipped, blue Led Halo H4 headlights and still needing MS

Comment

Working...
    X