No announcement yet.

OBD-1 codes and OBD-2 codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also saw that 41 was the VRIS Solenoid #1, I was looking recently b/c I got the same code. I will post this question in maintanence, but anyone know how to/how difficult it is to replace that? The web site where I saw the code said it affects torque at 3250 RPM.
    '95 MX-6 LS, 5-speed, Ram air intake, Pacesetter cat-back, Tokiko Illumina struts/springs, front/rear strut tower bars, CM stage I, SS clutch line, MX3 lightened flywheel, RR Racing motor mounts and shifter bushing, polyurethane CA bushings, UOR pulley, B&M shifter, KVR rotors/pads, PTRASB, I wish I had headers...

Comment

FWIW, this comes directly from my 1996 Ford Service CD

1996 Mazda OBD-II Codes
      Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
      06 Legacy GT
      98 Legacy GT

Comment

Re: Noclss write-up: OBD-1 codes and OBD-2 codes

Originally posted by noclss2000
        [B]I was reading that MC Spada wanted to make up a post for all the codes so everybody can see what codes are what.
        Since I'm bored, figured I'd take it upon myself to do it.
        These are taken directly from the Haynes Manual and a couple from "mike's PGT site" at http://home.golden.net/~trinity/
        The OBD-1 computer system was used in the 93-95 Probes.
        To check for OBD-1 codes, use a paperclip and insert it into the 10 and ground pins in the diagnostics box under the hood by the battery.
        maybe its just because im a girl.. but you guys really need to learn how to post things like your talking to a girl that knows the basics about the probe... i know were the basic stuff is.. but what the hell are you talking about????
        i have 95 GT and im trying to pull the code.. this is the only thread i can find with good instructions and i still have NO IDEA what your talking about... insert a paperclip in a 10?? whats that?? and were are these ground pins at that i plug into the diagnostic box??? speak with a little more thought that there is MORE THEN JUST GUYS ON THIS FORUM!!

ahh i feel much better..
        thanx for letting me vent...

Tessa

Comment

I can't get too much more detailed that what I did.
          Under your hood behind your battery there is a 1" by 1" black box that says "diagnostics" on it. You open that up and there are female connectors as if you were to plug a computer to it. On the inside of the diagnostics lid there is a diagram that tells you what pins of these connections are what. One of these pins is called "10" and another is "grnd" these are the two you need to connect the paperclip to.
          NoclssGT.com
          PhotoPOC
          DaddyPOC
          1997 Ford Probe GT MTX, 2009 Mazda6i MTX, 2007 Jeep Commander 4x4

Comment

ight .... the check engine light is sapposed to blink right? mine just blinked a bunch... and wouldnt stop.. is this bad?? how do i know what its saying... now if you could explain a little more on how to describe the blinks other then flashes... does the first blink count?? if so then it started with a long flash and then 3 short but it looks like when its done with the codes it goes back through and then the first one would only be 3 short..then then next were.. a long flash and 5 short and a long and 6 short, a long and 7 short. then it proceeded to do 2 long and 3 short... 2 long and 4 short. and then it went back to the begining.. . those are alot of codes im thinkin... and im thinking alot of SH*T needs to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpSpdRcr95
              ight .... the check engine light is sapposed to blink right? mine just blinked a bunch... and wouldnt stop.. is this bad?? how do i know what its saying... now if you could explain a little more on how to describe the blinks other then flashes... does the first blink count?? if so then it started with a long flash and then 3 short but it looks like when its done with the codes it goes back through and then the first one would only be 3 short..then then next were.. a long flash and 5 short and a long and 6 short, a long and 7 short. then it proceeded to do 2 long and 3 short... 2 long and 4 short. and then it went back to the begining.. . those are alot of codes im thinkin... and im thinking alot of SH*T needs to be replaced.

long flashes count as 10 or 100, but with OBD-1 it's usually 10.
              so if you read it correctly it would read codes:
              13 15 16 17 23 24

may want to reset the computer by disconnecting the negative battery terminal and applying the brake for 10 seconds because I'm showing there is no code 13 but the rest seem to be pointing to o2 sensors and 17 is the egr. reset the computer and read it again, some may disappear.
              NoclssGT.com
              PhotoPOC
              DaddyPOC

Comment

Kiwi parts bin special, what pin do I use?

Well, its Saturday morning so I go out to the PGT armed with a paperclip and high hopes to see if I can sort out the "check engine" light which comes on occasionally.

Now the car is registered as a 96 PGT, but it was initially exported to Japan before being re-exported to New Zealand.

I checked the VIN against the Ford VIN decoder on http://www.geocities.com/ponch8725/fordvin.htm

VIN 1ZVLT22B755xxxxxx says its a USA/Ford Probe/Probe Passenger/belts and airbags/Import/Probe 2 door hatchback GT/V6 2.5L/1995/Flat Rock. Ok, so the car might have been shipped from Flat Rock late '95 and arrived and was first registered in Japan early in '96 - I can live with that.

But in the little black box marked "diagnosis" are all these pins and I'm looking for pin "10". Only trouble is the pins are identified by 3 letter codes in the black box cap. Across the top row are pins "FEN" "MAN" gap "TEN" and "+B". Next row is "GRND" "FAT" "FBS" "FVS" and "FSC. Down the bottom of the black box cap, under another double row of pins, is a code "H381".

I've got a couple of questions:

Am I looking for pin "TEN" to connect to "GRND" or should the pins be identified numerically, i.e. "9" "10" "11"?

Have I got a PGT made in 95 with a 96 diagnosis (OBD-2) system?

Can I identify the diagnosis system from the engine number, and where is that?
                Ex owner of Dark Blue PGT J-spec, manufactured 95, 80,000 km (50,000 miles)

"Once I was conceited, but now I'm perfect"

Comment

10 was meant like TEN (Test ENgine). Please check here : http://home.golden.net/~trinity/

Comment

Heres a good question......

I have a Late Build 97 GT. WHen I open the lid on the diagnostic box, there is NO diagram of what pins are what.
                    I am trying to set the TPS,,,,,,,,How do I know what Pins are the TEN and the Grnd?????????
                    So I went to Rick 96's page and saw his Picture of the Diagnostic box for a 96 gt. Mine is Completely different. I have female connectors in all different positions than his. Whats the deal? Where is the Grnd and TEN Pin? I have no clue where to look. Anyone have a clue?????????????
                    97 GT, MTX, GReddy, MX3 Flywheel, Clutchmasters Clutch, Phenolic Spacers, Bored TB, Home Depot Racing CAI, AWR Motor Mounts, Short Throw Shifter, H4 Conversion, PIAA Fogs, Tokico's/Eibachs, Probetalk Sway Bar, Beautiful FACTORY Paint!

Comment

crap

my cel used to stay on so i got code 24 and i changed my rear sensor near the firewall. now after its changed the check engine turns on and off constantly. i disconnected my battery to try to reset my computer but nothing still turns on and off when it wants to. it tends to turn off when i hit the gas and turn on when i let go of the gas. some days it even stays on for a long time then turns off. i know its the right sensor(bosch sensor universal) but why is it doing, i even checked my wires they are all connected properly, why is this happening please help!!!!!!
                      94 KL03 MTX, HS CAI with Ractive filter, bosal headers, test pipe, greddy cat-back, unorthodox udp, Cosmo fpr, walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump, centerforce dual friction clutch with lightened flywheel (about13lbs), thermal spacers for intake manifold and tb, Magnecor 8.5mm wires with ngk v-power, KVR crossed drilled cadmium plated rotors, Tokico shocks with eibach pro kit springs and front strut bar, h4 headlight conversion, Red Tenzo Racing seats, Sensei Body kit with aerogear predator hood, and double decker aluminum spoiler(black). What's Next, hmmmm?

MY PROBE IS HERE http://www.cardomain.com/id/94prbgt

Comment

Re: Heres a good question......

Originally posted by Rocket
                        I have a Late Build 97 GT. WHen I open the lid on the diagnostic box, there is NO diagram of what pins are what.
                        I am trying to set the TPS,,,,,,,,How do I know what Pins are the TEN and the Grnd?????????
                        So I went to Rick 96's page and saw his Picture of the Diagnostic box for a 96 gt. Mine is Completely different. I have female connectors in all different positions than his. Whats the deal? Where is the Grnd and TEN Pin? I have no clue where to look. Anyone have a clue?????????????
                        you have an obd-2, you have to have a computer to scan for codes and what not.
                        NoclssGT.com
                        PhotoPOC
                        DaddyPOC

Comment

I have a 95 pgt, and when my check engine light came on about a month ago I took it in, and they said to replace both of my O2 censors, so i serached, and I found the (left one) and replaced it, but never found the (right, untill today). Autozone semmed to think they would both not go out at the same time, and that the shop I took it to was just giving me some BS b/c they couln't find the answer to the code.

So i go out side with a paper clip, and put 1 end in TEN, the other end in GRND... turn the igntion key to on and see no flashes. But i do hear clicks. From what I see here the flash should come from the Check Engine Light (CEL).. it just stays on never blinks. The clicks I hear seam to be 2 toned... such as TE-TA ::Second of pause:: TE-TA, TE-TA.... I guess I interpurt that as 24.. which is 24- Rear 02 sensor inversion error. So I guess i'll go to autozone and buy another 02 sensor. But before I did I wanted to make sure I was doing this right.

My CEL only comes on peridocally not at any certian point (besides that it never comes on during warm up only very seldom after the car has been warmed up) (Which would be the 02 sensor sence it doen't even send any feed back anywhere untill the engine is hot) Normally after it does come on it only stays on untill the car is shut off, then restarted.

whats everyone think?

Comment

make sure you had the paperclip in all the way.
                            even if you dont have any codes, it will blink to show end of codes.
                            I went to buyoxygensensors.com and got both of mine for a pretty good price, they're oem replacement too.
                            NoclssGT.com
                            PhotoPOC
                            DaddyPOC

Comment

Originally posted by noclss2000
                              make sure you had the paperclip in all the way.
                              even if you dont have any codes, it will blink to show end of codes.
                              I went to buyoxygensensors.com and got both of mine for a pretty good price, they're oem replacement too.
                              Hey thanks a lot, I didn't think they would go in any further. Great thread, saved me 30-60$

Comment

ok i did the paper clip code the first code read L= long S= SHORT....L S S and then L S S S S S S then it repeated the codes but this time it went S S and then L S S S S S S and repeats agian...do i count the very frist L that i got since that did not get repeated so would i get codes 12 and 16 or 2 and 16? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X