Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be down to buy them as soon as they are released.
    Probe GT 1993:Teins SS coil over,HS headers,AWR motor mount, AWR trailling arm,addco swaybar,SS link kits,ss brake line,ss clutch line,walbro 255,Fidanza flywheel,RR UDP,18 spyn spyder wheel..

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain
      Thanks Damon, I couldn't have answered that any better. But, let me add this as well.

Unlike other brands of coilover suspensions that are 'supposedly' made for us, they seem to be only marketed to us. If there is any doubt, compare the spring rates for the '99&'02 Protege of TEIN to those of the 'Other Guy' trying to sell to us and you'll see the same rate.

Yet, TEIN has determined through direct measurement and then an approximately 2 month test period in Japan that the spring rates for the Probe should indeed be larger than that of a Protege. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that the Probe is NOT the same as the Protege.

This is what led to a bit longer than expected delivery date. Most people, who did know of this development, thought they would just - "measure the bolt holes and fit us with the closet thing that would work." Little did we know that TEIN would actually custom design and test this product for the Probe.

But, I think it will be well worth the 'extra' time.

Michael
      precisely why stacey and i did NOT want to rush this information out there and have assumptions and generalizations become the norm.

this kit looks and feels like the single best suspension modification avaialble for our cars; and it probably is, by far.

ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
        precisely why stacey and i did NOT want to rush this information out there and have assumptions and generalizations become the norm.

this kit looks and feels like the single best suspension modification avaialble for our cars; and it probably is, by far.

check your pm's

Comment

Then i stand corrected. I wasnt trying to put anyone down, but i didnt feel like reading the article, since i dont even own a probe anymore, but just wanted to see if thats what you guys were doing My bad

Although i WILL go on record and say its going to be HARD HARD HARD to get probe owners to spend the amount of money it takes to get a good set of basics or SS coilovers, as the cost about what the entire probe costs

Good luck I wish this sort of stuff was available years ago

-Ty

Comment

Originally posted by 93GTSR
            Then i stand corrected. I wasnt trying to put anyone down, but i didnt feel like reading the article, since i dont even own a probe anymore, but just wanted to see if thats what you guys were doing My bad

Although i WILL go on record and say its going to be HARD HARD HARD to get probe owners to spend the amount of money it takes to get a good set of basics or SS coilovers, as the cost about what the entire probe costs

Good luck I wish this sort of stuff was available years ago

-Ty

Comment

I am ready to spend! BPC Racing (i.e. me) has just acquired a chassis for project PGT-TC (Touring Car) - not to be confused with the straight-line only FrankenProbe!
              90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
              93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
              97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
              90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

spring guide for the protege just for s/g's:
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/mx3...ing_Bible2.jpg

I would have to agree with Ty on the price thing with the coilovers. Thats why I said at the begining that Tein would be smarter not to put the time, research, and money into the coilover systems. It would make more sense if they just made their two sets of springs for the probe. The springs they make are great and can be had in the 100-150 price range. Which is much more in the price range of probe owners.
                Matt Knudsen
                2010 Colorado 5.3L V8
                2009 Yamaha R6r

Comment

Originally posted by m.c.K-dogg
                  spring guide for the protege just for s/g's:
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/mx3...ing_Bible2.jpg

I would have to agree with Ty on the price thing with the coilovers. Thats why I said at the begining that Tein would be smarter not to put the time, research, and money into the coilover systems. It would make more sense if they just made their two sets of springs for the probe. The springs they make are great and can be had in the 100-150 price range. Which is much more in the price range of probe owners.
                  Were these intended to be sold to the "general masses", I would agree.

However, nobody buys a TEIN coilover suspension unless they're VERY serious about handling performance. These are marketted towards the true Probe enthusiast. Really, I think it's a long time coming, as handling has always been the strong point of the Probe. Why people spend so much time turning a car designed for the twisties into a straightline racer, I have no idea.

Basically, these will sell in the same market as the K-Sports and AWRs have sold, only these are specifically designed for our vehicles. I think it's awesome, myself.

-phreak
                  Official: KYPO - LexPOC :: Honorary: TNPOC - NYPOC - NEPO / NPA! - OHIO PROBES
                  Major Meets Attended: MM7 - TNPOC/KYPO 2K4 - HH2K5 - OCMD2K5 - MM8 - StM2006 - HH2K6
                  Yeah, I'm still alive...

Comment

oh I agree with you on just about every point. The probe in my mind was never a straight line fast car. Hell, up to 97 motortrend used to compair every fwd cars handling to the bar in which they thought the PGT had set. The springs that are developed for the probe will be a great addition to option for probe owners. I dont want to get into what I think or what anyone "thinks" the price will be for even the basic coilover system. I just dont think that too many people will be jumping on board when the price is release. I can only think of two people that bought the LEDA system and I can only think of one person that has the AWR system. Either way, good stuff for all us probe owners!! Thanks to everyone that was involved this mission!!!
                    Matt Knudsen
                    2010 Colorado 5.3L V8
                    2009 Yamaha R6r

Comment

Will they fit the SE/Base models too

Comment

Well i have been waiting for this news FOREVER lol
                        I will defintily be in for a set over winter and get these babys installed for spring.

Sweet.
                        Sensei blue PGT Turbo'd http://members.cardomain.com/kes16

Comment

Originally posted by El Ray
                          Suspension on all 1993-1997 Ford Probes is interchangeable. I think the only difference are spring rates.

-phreak
                          Official: KYPO - LexPOC :: Honorary: TNPOC - NYPOC - NEPO / NPA! - OHIO PROBES
                          Major Meets Attended: MM7 - TNPOC/KYPO 2K4 - HH2K5 - OCMD2K5 - MM8 - StM2006 - HH2K6
                          Yeah, I'm still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by El Ray
                            yes.

and matt, in reference to the chart you posted, it appears that it really only refers to the mx-3. if i'm wrong i apologize, but i agree with most that these will probably only be of most interest to the enthusiast who is into maximum performance.

still, i think that if the pricing is right, more people would buy this setup because it offers so much more than others and the hodge-podge assemblies, like my tokico/eibachs for example.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by phreakintheroom

Basically, these will sell in the same market as the K-Sports and AWRs have sold, only these are specifically designed for our vehicles. I think it's awesome, myself.

-phreak
                              Actually the AWR setup was made specifically for the Probe. They are actually sold dependent on model. Thats why you have to let them know which you have when you order. Do the others offer that? Springs rates and shock valving vary between the two. And before you delete this post Damon realize alot of company name dropping has been made in this thread other than authorized vendors. Just my .02c

Josh
                              Last edited by nolanspawn; September 12, 2005, 01:18 PM.
                              Silver 2011 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax
                              Former Owner of The Fastest N/A 2.0 Probe

Comment

off-topic:

i see you're still hanging on the issue of 'name-dropping' josh. on this subject, i have contacted mr. woodford regarding the possibility of having his products on this site. to date, i have not heard ANY word from him. the last message was sent to him roughly 2.5 weeks ago.

also keep in mind that this thread is ONLY for information regarding the TEIN setup, not a discussion regarding where it sits in regards to other products.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X