Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Probe Lounge

Probe Lounge Discussion about most everything Non Probe related goes here.

Closed Thread

Reason thread was closed:
this thread am being left behind
Thread Closed By: dmark101
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:19 AM   #1
lakersfan1
Balls Across The Nose

No Child Left Behind should be called 'All Children Left Behind'

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/03....ap/index.html

"The Lincoln School District dropped the bee initially because of concerns that it was damaging to children who lost and it did not meet the goals of the federal No Child Left Behind Act."

We need to get the hippie homos out of our schools.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Aran
BATN, but aka:
Glänzend
The_Game

NCLB should have been left behind

I hate stupid legislation.

And for the record, I'd have been a spelling bee champ if I didn't stutter on my last word; parsec. (Stupid douches heard a second c when spelling it...) Sorry... ramble... That was 8th grade though, so nyeh.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:36 AM   #3
95PGTTech
Push The Limits

a word of friendly advice: a car forum is a terrible place to bring up this like politics and religion. 99% of the people on here have zero knowledge of either but with a simple internet search can misinterpret information and think they know what they're talking about.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:40 AM   #4
Aran
BATN, but aka:
Glänzend
The_Game

Another word of friendly advice: Stfu n00b.

Have you even read half the posts here? (That wasnt so much an insult as a wtf are you thinking?)
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:40 AM   #5
CrimSon_ReD
Chasing the Boogey Man!

But that's lakerfans yet another bullshit thread bashing the system.
I swear all he does is make threads like this!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:41 AM   #6
Aran
BATN, but aka:
Glänzend
The_Game

It's not bashing the system, it's sharing an opinion on a system that's full of bullshit.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #7
phreakintheroom
PT Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PGTTech
a word of friendly advice: a car forum is a terrible place to bring up this like politics and religion. 99% of the people on here have zero knowledge of either but with a simple internet search can misinterpret information and think they know what they're talking about.
Another word of friendly advice: change your signature. 5 lines max at 800x600 resolution. This is the second time I've had to tell you.

I agree with Aran, the NCLB stuff is total bullshit. Like educational Welfare or something.

-phreak
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #8
CrimSon_ReD
Chasing the Boogey Man!

The system isnt full of shit, it's just people take the system for granted and expect the world to come to their lazy fat asses. They dont vote on issues that they are for or against but rather sit in a corner, behind a keyboard and complain. Unfortunately those people that did vote for those issues outweighed those that voted against threm. So who'se fault is it?

The people who care enough to vote or the people who didnt bother to vote against it or make thier dis-approval known. As much as I think the spelling bee is a good thing, kids now a days are downright stupid. They dont want to learn of study shit but watch mtv videos and speak ebonics.

The education have gone to shit due to poor teachers, in both salaries and caring as well as to parents who dont push their children to progress!

95PGTech: please change the sig or it will be removed for you!

Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; March 16th, 2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #9
Aran
BATN, but aka:
Glänzend
The_Game

Holy Shit! Crimson_Red has picked up the Frank disease! Ramble with nothing backing it!

Do you even know what NCLB is? Or why it's wrong?

It tries to put everyone on an even point and teach everyone the same, despite people being different, and learning at different rates.

It doesn't just leave people behind, it could ruin their ability to learn for life.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #10
M@dM@x
Juiced Member

I like the fact that lakersfan1 makes fun of hippies. He could create tons of political threads and it wouldn't bother me as long as hippies are made fun of.

On a side note:

One of my favorite passtimes is checking out local record shops and setting up granola bar snare traps. You can imagine the over whelming fear in their eyes as I present them with a bar of soap and a bucket of water. Fun stuff.

Help out the world and bath a hippie!
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #11
lakersfan1
Balls Across The Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimSon_ReD
But that's lakerfans yet another bullshit thread bashing the system.
I swear all he does is make threads like this!!!
Yet another post of Crimson's complaining about me.

If you have an intelligent rebuttal, great. That's what most of my threads are intended for. To generate debate. Sometimes intelligent, sometimes otherwise. Just stop the complaining. You don't like me. Great. We get it. Put it in your sig if you like. Give it a rest now.

Edit: See, like your last post above. Not really to the point of the NCLB, but at least you proved you've got a pulse. I vote every election, but I don't think NCLB was left to the voters, but rather legislators.

Last edited by lakersfan1; March 16th, 2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #12
CrimSon_ReD
Chasing the Boogey Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersfan1
Yet another post of Crimson's complaining about me.

If you have an intelligent rebuttal, great. That's what most of my threads are intended for. To generate debate. Sometimes intelligent, sometimes otherwise. Just stop the complaining. You don't like me. Great. We get it. Put it in your sig if you like. Give it a rest now.

Nah im just merely pointing out the fact, that 90% of your thread are about complaining about either something to do with the government or some anti bush crap. I dont personally know you enough not to like you. Mere words on a forum doesnt make decisions for me on who to like or not like. So no need for sig additions. But bare in mind this is a forum about cars not a political soapbox to stand on. Yes this is the lounge were anything goes.....

But as 95pgtech stated, it really isnt the most important topic to us in probetalk. By tommorrow the topic like all others of such nature will start to diminish and fade. Maybe you can find other forums that will grant you the great debate you seek, but dont expect people here to care enough about it.

aran: dont ever compare me to Frank you fooker!

Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; March 16th, 2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #13
lakersfan1
Balls Across The Nose

Quote:
But as 95pgtech stated, it really isnt the most important topic to us in probetalk. By tommorrow the topic like all others of such nature will start to diminish and fade. Maybe you can find other forums that will grant you the great debate you seek.
If education is unimportant to the people of PT, then .......... well, OK, there's some bad typing on here. But I think anybody can comment on the education system. Debate on a Off Topic forum? Holy crap! What the hell is the Off Topic forum for then?
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:06 AM   #14
CrimSon_ReD
Chasing the Boogey Man!

I agree with you on that one...
Holy Shit I agree with Lakersfan!??

Excuse me while I put my head in the oven!

Old March 16th, 2005, 09:07 AM   #15
Aran
BATN, but aka:
Glänzend
The_Game

Quote:
aran: dont ever compare me to Frank you fooker!
If the shoe fits.
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #16
dmark101
Obfuscatory & Abstruse Nomenclature

hmm.

i think this thread is a perfect example as to why political threads end up they way they all do. closed.

i know quite a bit about the NCLB act, but the main reason why i choose not to debate anything here is the mindset of the typical poster: not enough research done on any issue to provide anything even remotely substantiating their viewpoint. that is why i leave my ramblings about such things for other forums (no, not the internet kind), where intelligent discussion can take place.

yes, this IS the lounge, but not everything goes here. keep that in mind.

and how about i compare you all to redpgt? hmm?
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #17
DJ-Anakin
pantless jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark101
inot enough research done on any issue to provide anything even remotely substantiating their viewpoint

exactly like i said in the pizza thread: not everyone see's the big picture.

plus.. you guys forgot that aran is just off mamas teet and he knows everything and and what qualifies as "stupid legislation" and what doesn't.

and jason: hippie comment =

Old March 16th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #18
gohighPSI

Got a political opinion to throw around? Blog it. That's the "new wave" of free expression. Best you'll get around here is something about hippies, or nazis, or maybe doin' it with your mom.
1989 Probe GT 135K - Reblt Turbo, CAI, Cone Filter - SOLD!
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #19
CrimSon_ReD
Chasing the Boogey Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark101

and how about i compare you all to redpgt? hmm?
That's funny and quite true!

Old March 16th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #20
Probe 2C
11 Digits of Prime

What is funny is that it was the liberals who argued that the spelling bee losers would be unfairly damaged and made to feel inept.

And what are the goals of NCLB that this program you shun?
  • Schools are held accountable for children's performance.
  • Raising the standards of potential teachers.
  • Ensuring schools are both safe and drug free.
  • Ability to transfer students out of an underperforming district into a better one.

What have been the major complaints about the program? People have complained (mainly) that the goals are too high.

Yea, because we don't want smarter children running around.
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:30 AM   #21
walg
Donating Member

While the goals are good and very needed in America, i feel that the execution of methods to obtain those goals are a bit rediculous. For instance, in my local district, when there is standardized testing for one grade, the other grades receive that day off! (high school) WTF! In elementary, they don't all test on the same day either. Why?!

The execution is flawed, leaving the attainment of the goals in question. I know for a fact that in my district, if you want to be a teacher, you MUST have a master's degree after your 18 months, otherwise you will not teach. The principals have master's degrees.
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #22
Rayman
I make T-shirts for PT!

its called survival of the fittest, if ur kid is stupid or not motivated to learn, he/she SHOULD be left behind.

btw, since when did spelling bee became a sport? damn ESPN televising these geekfest....spell LAID...."can u use it in a sentence?"..."u aint ever gonna get LAID"

Last edited by Rayman; March 16th, 2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #23
CrimSon_ReD
Chasing the Boogey Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman
its called survival of the fittest, if ur kid is stupid or not motivated to learn, he/she SHOULD be left behind.

btw, since when did spelling bee became a sport? damn ESPN televising these geekfest....spell LAID...."can u use it in a sentence?"..."u aint ever gonna get LAID"

AHAHHAAH Fuggan Aye...

I may not be the smartest person in the world but I got game!!
I dont have to know how to spell p*ssy to work that shit!

Old March 16th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #24
Aran
BATN, but aka:
Glänzend
The_Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Anakin
exactly like i said in the pizza thread: not everyone see's the big picture.

plus.. you guys forgot that aran is just off mamas teet and he knows everything and and what qualifies as "stupid legislation" and what doesn't.

and jason: hippie comment =

And Frank is in the armed forces so whoamg he automatically knows everything, too.

Of course, Aran saying something is stupid based on personal opinion, while Frank seemingly talking according to how things really are (although, by my opinion, coming straight out his ass a lot of the time) is a totally different matter where somehow Aran comes out on the bottom... although he's clearly at the time.
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #25
*FlaProbeSE*
PT Know it All

Ok, moving on children ...

It'd be horrible if they got rid of the Spelling Bee. Based on the grounds they provided ("it's damaging to children who lost") then it'd only be logical to get rid of all sports as well. After all, we'd hate to see the disappointment in a kid's face when he loses a soccer game People need to stop being so damn worried about things like this. I won my 3rd grade Spelling Bee, and it was awesome. In the 4th grade I was an alternate and I didn't give a rat's ass. In the 5th grade I got 3rd place, whoop de doo. I don't refer to winning my 3rd grade Spelling Bee as my "glory days" so I'm pretty positive most grown adults who lost a Spelling Bee back in the day aren't sitting around kicking themselves in the ass while sitting on welfare saying, "If only I had won that damn Bee ..."
- 2004 Dodge SRT-4
FlaPOC - Honorary NPA!

- MM7's Best Rolling Wreck
Closed Thread