Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > Probe Pic & Video Post

Probe Pic & Video Post Post your PROBE-RELATED pics and Videos here!

Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:42 PM   #1
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

0-100 in 11 seconds

Its Mississippi's dirtiest, home made, rat-rod Ford Probe again... I got 'er running much better after replacing a bunch of busted pigtail connectors. Last night, I took it for a spirited 0-100 test flight... heres the result > http://youtu.be/oLk8jLZqf_o
Here's is a view of the gauge cluster as proof that its hitting warp factor 1.
http://youtu.be/fojjbb6f6cQ Its running great for now! (knock on wood)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MSDKLZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:45 PM   #2
mac1
Probe has-been

best part of the vid lasted all but 1sec...........0:32-> 0:33, the rest is allright.lol

Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:53 PM   #3
garfield
Juiced Member

Nice run man. road looks narrow, Good thing you don't torque steer too bad. I could never do that with my car. I would be in the bushes.

91 MX6GT built FE3N HX40 25PSI

05 Subaru legacy GT family car
garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #4
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
best part of the vid lasted all but 1sec...........0:32-> 0:33, the rest is allright.lol
I'm tempted to agree, but the adrenaline begs to differ

Old September 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #5
ShexSlow
Donating User

your car moves out very nicely i am jealous. aside from the MAF conversion, we got the same set up except my car never wants to hit 8psi EVEN with the 8psi spring still in

94 PGTze - sold

the race car.

KLDE turbo
Built by me ..sold
ShexSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #6
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

Curious how long it takes you to do 0-100-0 The Mclaren F1 had the record at 11.4-11.6, (depending on the source,) seconds.

BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #7
SBPGT
Five Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEnoEQ View Post
Curious how long it takes you to do 0-100-0 The Mclaren F1 had the record at 11.4-11.6, (depending on the source,) seconds.
He could beat that time if there was a concrete wall at 11.3 seconds!

2002 Mazda 626 ES

SBPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #8
WhiteDart
POC Mod

I can do it in the same time with 3 less psi and a rough street tune. You need to install your MS.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #9
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

Quote:
I dont know about the whole 100- to zero thing.. My brakes are not very healthy and should be completely replaced before trying such a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDart;
I can do it in the same time with 3 less psi and a rough street tune. I need to install your MS so you don't screw it up
See what I did there?

Old September 25th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #10
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Bring it on!

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
Old September 25th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #11
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

It would be great to see a Probe capable of the same thing as a $1,000,000+ car. I'm sure someone here could get close.

Old September 25th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #12
ShexSlow
Donating User

Quote:
It would be great to see a Probe capable of the same thing as a $1,000,000+ car. I'm sure someone here could get close.
in a straight line? yes been done. does it have style? never, will it ever pull any hot ladies? never

94 PGTze - sold

the race car.

KLDE turbo
Built by me ..sold
ShexSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #13
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

What do you do with the "ladies?" There is only 1 seat in the American version of the McClaren.

Old September 26th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #14
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDart View Post
Bring it on!
Dang Andy, you really want to get this thing running on MS for me? Where do you live? I wish I could ship you out here to Gulfport, but Im poor and cant even afford a bus ticket for you. However, if you would like an entire dismantled KLZE in perfect condition as payment for your effort, it is all yours! I spent right around 1,300$ on that puppy. Hell, bring a truck! I have a pile of other engine parts you would probably like to add to your collection.

Old July 12th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #15
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

Well folks, it seems that right after that period in time, this ClutchMaster stage3 Kevlar disc has suffered a slow downward spiral of failure.. its astonishing to think that its slipping like greased dog poop.. but it shows ABSOLUTELY ZERO SIGNS OF WEAR!

I got the clutch out and compared it to a brand new one and there was NO visible difference. Even the plate thickness was the same via micrometer readings. It just.. slips like banana peels for no apparent reason! Maybe the pressure plate springs got weak?

The car was somehow running faster times on the street than it was on the drag strip. I reckon its because it slipped more on a prepped surface.

Coming soon.. Spec stage3+ (rated at 440 foot pounds torque capacity)

Last edited by MSDKLZE; July 12th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old July 12th, 2017, 07:18 PM   #16
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Glad to see your still geeking around with that beast!

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old July 12th, 2017, 07:50 PM   #17
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

Anyone tried the 0-100-0 test yet?

... Without the wall.

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:06 PM   #18
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

FrankenProbe did 0-100 mph in about 5.6 sec, but getting back down to 0 was a gentle affair on the soft Hoosier pillows. 1/8th mile was 6.7s @ 112. That thing was ok in a straight line.

- KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. ||
||- SOLD
93 PGT
- 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi ||
||
||
- GONE
97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! -
- GONE
90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 03:08 AM   #19
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

So it would seem possible.

Old July 16th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #20
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

New parts arriving

New Spec Stage 3+ (full-face carbon semi-metallic )
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7GUFmMkB3nsPZCB42
To replace the ClutchMaster Stage3 ( segmented Kevlar )

I tried to post the picture instead of link..

Old July 16th, 2017, 11:55 AM   #21
SBPGT
Five Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSDKLZE View Post

I tried to post the picture instead of link..
I found out you can't embed with google photos. They make it hard to get a link to embed, but that link is only temporary. The link resets after a day or so and the pic disappears. I'm now using imgur.

You could try a six puck disc... I've been using the sach's six puck I really like it, don't know how it will handle boost?

2002 Mazda 626 ES

Last edited by SBPGT; July 16th, 2017 at 11:59 AM.
SBPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 04:46 PM   #22
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

It always happens when u least expect it..

What the crap!!

Im driving along real easy today and put down the clutch pedal.... BLOOP.

Suddenly, it goes to the floor.. (as if the hydraulics failed)..

Instinct kicks in and I begin to clutchless-shift.. (rev match the synchros blah blah)

Uhhh NO. There is no connection between the engine and the transmission!! All of the gears still engage. I can feel the forks locking them into place.

WHAAAAT???? Its as if the engine just got removed suddenly... All I get is revs and there is just ZERO resistance or friction between motor and drivetrain... Clutch throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and fidanza friction disc are brand new. The clutch shows ZERO wear at all (even measured it with a micrometer). How the hell???

:SIGH: Called the and had it brought to the ICU.
She will be undergoing a complete replacement surgery. I bought FuLcRuM's built block, a Spec Stage3+, a PTP turbo blanket, another AWR mount, and some various heat shielding. Still have ONE spare transmission just in case, but I think this one is still ok. Stay tuned! Surgery begins in two weeks.

* I think I might just get the ARP head studs too for peace of mind. (considering how I've been driving this engine for so long, on boost, with popped head gaskets.)

Last edited by MSDKLZE; July 22nd, 2017 at 04:49 PM.