Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > Probe Pic & Video Post

Probe Pic & Video Post Post your PROBE-RELATED pics and Videos here!

Old December 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1
SBPGT
Five Star Member

SBPGT's Turbo build...

Everyone else is doing it, so I decided to go turbo too!

This is what I've bought so far...

This build might take a while, because I live in an apartment and don't really have any place to work on the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Mazda 626 ES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SBPGT; July 15th, 2017 at 07:12 PM.
SBPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #2
mac1
Probe has-been

Ummmmmm..............dont know what to say? I'm a little booked right now with probe people needing work, this 1st peice of the puzzle looks like it could take a while in itself. How's the 1st of january sound?

Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Vitaliy

Subscribed.
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4
supercharged3.0
Supercharged Member

Cool!! It might take only 5 years to get all the parts and another 5 to put together.

supercharged3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #5
WhiteDart
POC Mod

God I just laughed so hard when i scrolled down to that pic.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #6
SBPGT
Five Star Member

Hot Pipes (Used/FREE)

Water to Air Intercooler

W/A Heat Exchanger, Pump and Fan

Synapse Eng. WG and BOV

MegaSquirt MS3X

Everything

Installed Parts:

Outlaw Eng Spacers

Sachs Performance Clutch/Pressure Plate and Stock Flywheel

Still need to buy a lot of little stuff, fittings, hoses, oil lines, gauges, and upgrade the fuel system. But this is the start of my build so far...

2002 Mazda 626 ES

Last edited by SBPGT; July 15th, 2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #7
supercharged3.0
Supercharged Member

That's what I am talking about!!!

Old December 24th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8
daweb
Donating Member

what no light weight flywheel at least a mx3 one
97&94&93 PGT gone
DALE
daweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #9
SBPGT
Five Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daweb View Post
what no light weight flywheel at least a mx3 one
Not yet, I needed a FW when I did the clutch because everything was burnt and glazed. I couldn't find the MX3 FW in stock that day.

May need to upgrade this clutch setup for the turbo, works great for N/A! Maybe even a Twin Disk setup for more weight savings?

2002 Mazda 626 ES

Old December 24th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #10
mac1
Probe has-been

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBPGT View Post
Maybe even a Twin Disk setup for more weight savings?
shut Uuuuuuuup. Been collecting and contemplating far far too long to have to save up for that overkill piece. What's this your 2nd attempt at making a probe fast? Remind me again what happened the 1st time......

Old December 24th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #11
SBPGT
Five Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
What's this your 2nd attempt at making a probe fast? Remind me again what happened the 1st time......
Marriage!

2002 Mazda 626 ES

Old December 25th, 2012, 05:55 AM   #12
Hildebrandgt93
Supercharged Member

Looking good,what turbo you running
94 probe gt sold,93 probe gt sold
first 96 probe gt KLZE sold

NEW 93 pgt KLZE swapped. Boosted axed and sold

2004 srt4 on 22 psi
the dd
Hildebrandgt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #13
WhiteDart
POC Mod

So what made you decide to go with a water/air intercooler setup?

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #14
shaun708
Juiced Member

^i second that, I think I may go that route honestly to save space.
shaun708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #15
WhiteDart
POC Mod

I would think using a traditional I/C setup with a spray bar would be a littler better in hot ass AZ. Once a water/air setup's water is heat soaked its pretty much useless.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old December 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #16
mac1
Probe has-been

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDart View Post
I would think using a traditional I/C setup with a spray bar would be a littler better in hot ass AZ. Once a water/air setup's water is heat soaked its pretty much useless.
have you ever met sbpgt?

He did opt for the biggest heat exchanger he could fit up in front though.

Old December 27th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #17
SBPGT
Five Star Member

Picked up some more parts today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDart View Post
Hmm, the good ole W/A intercooler myth... why do people think that W/A intercoolers get heat soaked but never say that about A/A intercoolers? Small, stock OEM W/A setups, are known to have problems and are upgraded, but so are most stock OEM A/A setups.

W/A intercoolers have very low pressure drop, less that 2' of intercooler piping, when not under boost the intercooler(along with the front heat exchanger) is also cooling the water, when the car is not moving the fan is cooling the water, water draws out heat better than air...

I doubt that they are useless, if someone like Nelson Racing Engines use them on their 1000-2000HP engines, as do others...
Nelson Racing W/A Intercoolers
SSC Ultimate Aero W/A intercoolers
Bugatti Veyron W/A Intercoolers
Underground Racing W/A Intercoolers

2002 Mazda 626 ES

Last edited by SBPGT; July 14th, 2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old December 27th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #18
lilpavel
SENSLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBPGT View Post
Might not want to use these, these are the cause of many boost leaks. I don't think this are very effective to begin with but since you are using a water to air intercooler that should be more than enough to offset any gains from the spacers.

448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
MM8 - PRD BEST of Show
lilpavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #19
SBPGT
Five Star Member

I know that they work in keeping the manifold cooler. Tested them side by side with a stock Probe w/o spacers. As far as HP gains? When I would race someone back to back, by the third race my car was pulling away instead of side by side. I know there could have been other factors too.

My car is N/A right now, and I also know about the possible leaks with them on a boosted car. My strut bar will not fit with them on, either.

2002 Mazda 626 ES

Old December 27th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #20
pile_of_rd1

They dont work in my opinion and they disrupt injector flow.

Scott
pile_of_rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #21
spada
ProbeTalk MC

So you're living in an apartment and have nowhere to work on the car.....this is going to take a while!

All of those parts are just as useful to me as they are to you, and I don't even have a Probe anymore. Countdown to the "Parts for sale" thread.....hehehehe jk man

btw, those pipes looks awfully shiny for being "used." Previous owner must have overestimated himself.
spada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #22
93probeanator
Turbo Member

Nice build, what turbo are you going with?

93probeanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #23
supercharged3.0
Supercharged Member

Looks like you go to your garage and pick up some parts from there and take them to your living room to take some pictures... uuuhaaahaaa
What else are you hiding from us??
This thread is getting more and more interesting every time when I visit.

Last edited by supercharged3.0; December 27th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #24
supercharged3.0
Supercharged Member

By the way, the W/A intercooler is a great idea, I have been looking at it for 1 year, but I could not install not even a single one because of the luck of space inside the engine bay.
Having a big heat exchanger in the front is big plus, that will help alot.

Old December 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #25
spada
ProbeTalk MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharged3.0 View Post
Looks like you go to your garage and pick up some parts from there and take them to your living room to take some pictures... uuuhaaahaaa
You missed the part where he said he doesn't have a garage. He takes them out of the box, puts them on his floor (which is very nice for an apartment) to take a picture, then I assume he puts them back in the box.
spada is offline   Reply With Quote