Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well, it's still here. and it's still not close to finished.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, it's still here. and it's still not close to finished.

My priorities have the probe on the back burner, but occasionally i find time to mess with it here and there...

I've gone a different route with the car, and basically it'll be the same car just completely restored with components when you see it completed again.

Recently, I've painted the roof..mainly to practice my painting skills and so that i could get the interior back together.

I've got the door panels on, and all door trim and mouldings back on as well as the sunroof re-installed and old hacked wiring harness taken out.

a small accomplishment, but it made me feel like i was getting somewhere

really i just need to source a new wiring harness and i can attack getting the project completed.

anyway, i was taking pics of a car i've got for sale in my garage today, and figured i'd snap a few of my poor car..

...someday
    Turbo GTS- Has become one with nature again.
    97' Corvette for the commute
    94' BMW 325is for the racetrack
    08' Sierra Denali for the family

i got you a 93 wiring harness if you want it, do you need everything? its all there except i cut a plug out of the harness right under the rear passenger speaker to re-wire my stereo with
    Last edited by polarexpress17; December 7, 2008, 07:59 PM.
    95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
    Built, Not Bought.
    No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

I just want to say that the moonroof gasket is a pain in the butt to put back on...........(probly just me tho)
      93 mazda mx3
      08 Jetta wolfy

Comment

i think its just you, i find they are probably the easiest thing to remove and put back on the probe.

looks like theres a lot of work left there, good luck.
        Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
        Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
        Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

no mine was a bitch, super hard.. i ripped it, had toget another one..it was just dry and brittle and didnt wanna stretch

looks a long way from done,but at least there is progress right!? good luck man!
          1994 pgt-grey, slammed, static, boosted and always brokenhttp://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701291478
          2003 SAAB 9-3 aero - red, slammedl, static, 3piece ADV.1 wheels...the daily

Comment

Is the engine dead? You have it covered like its deceased! lol
            94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

what engine do you have in it?
              SOLD 93 Rio Red LC-1, MSnS v1 2.2, MSD 6AL, ext coil, dual feed kit, sbc OFE, mx3 flywheel, AWR mounts, tinted, painted FD's, z24 lip, projector HID's
              SOLD 97 Gold Probe GTS-the tinted quiet car with AC...ahh yes
              04 Trailblazer-roof rack delete, interior LED, shaved, tint

Comment

the engine in right now is one of the last remaining TKT big bore kit 2.7l strokers.

that will be coming out and be replaced with a refreshed stock klde.

the 2.7l is going into a naturally aspirated project.

as for the sunroof rubber... i can handle it.

Comment

looks like a lotta fun.
                  Dave Kolenski
                  2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
                  3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
                  Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

no more turbo?
                    1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
                    1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
                    2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
                    2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                    2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Nice to see some pics Draper. So i guess your shooting for next winter as the finish date
                      2g probe ze

Comment

it will be boosted again.

just a basic setup though, no MS or fancy built motor

basically what i had last time around with quality components this time, and a fresh coat of paint, interior and the gutted/shaved hatch with the autopower bar.

siknin.... i've moved on with my life in the probe scene, i am building the car a bit more moderate for my younger brother. I never had anything nice when i was young and he will appreciate it more than any other 16 year old handed a car would.

his birthday is in october, and i'd like him to learn how to drive in this car as it will be his.

so it should be done by september at the very latest.

I don't see why i won't be done this spring though, unless something drastic happens.

Comment

Oh yea i forgot you were finishing the car for your brother. Well its gonna be a nice looking project. I will have to come up and see it when its finally finished. You know Joe has been on me to come up there. But since my car is down from the wreck it will be a while before I get up there.
                          2g probe ze

Comment

yeah.... i don't have any parts you might need to get back on the road do i?

moreless, what do you need, i'll check if i have anything to help you out.

Comment

Working...
                            X