Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > Engine Electronics

Engine Electronics Do you own a Jacobs, MSD, MegaSquirt or other ignition/fuel system? Get in here and ask your questions!

Old March 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #1
stoker100
Donating Member

megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

im making a place to post your MSQ or images for comparison/discussion, if you like i can host them so they are always available (PM me). also provide as much info as you can as shown below:

Engine: straight neck full stock internal'd KLZE
Fuel Pressure: 32idle 40wot
Injector Size: 220CC (standard)
MS Version: V1, V3PCB MSnSExtra code
Relevant Problems: burning oil (leaky valve stem seals), overheating 102deg C
ECU: running IAC and A/C

req fuel:
**EDIT removed**

Target AFR Table:
**EDIT removed**

VE Table:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...latesttune.jpg

Ignition Table:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...latesttune.jpg

ive found a lot of people dont want to share this info due to dyno expense etc thats completely understandable, bear in mind most of the settings for one person will be useless for another person due to the differences in mods etc. with that in mind ill be coming back and editing my post with the most relevant tables. ill upload my MSQ later. im interested to see what other peoples target AFR tables are.

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by stoker100; February 5th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
stoker100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #2
94PGT
Turbo Member

i never understood why people dont want to post their tables...

anyways heres mine:

engine: de short block, ze heads, cams, straight neck manifold
t3t04e at 11 psi, intercooled
stock fuel pressure, regulator, walbro 190
480cc nissan injectors
cdi ignition, external coil
msns extra 29y4, v2.2 pcb
stock ecu controls idle, a/c
relevant problems: traction

req_fuel 5.8

ve table:
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7015/vetable.jpg

afr target:
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7869/afrtarget.jpg

spark:
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3733/sparktable.jpg

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Last edited by 94PGT; March 5th, 2010 at 11:09 PM.
94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #3
stoker100
Donating Member

94PGT thanks for sharing, out of curiosity why does your VE table start at 600rpm and 23kpa? im sure its fine but ive just assumed you dont need to put anything below idle kpa or rpm (i actually adjusted mine because i wanted a smaller area to control idle fuel, im assuming you idle around 32-34kpa with ZE cams? also you run 24deg at idle? thats some mad advance compared to mine (although the rest is very similar).

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34

Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc.
stoker100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #4
94PGT
Turbo Member

idle set around 650-700, so i have the first bin slightly lower...ie 600. my idle kpa is 31. i put in the 23 kpa bins to help with running overly rich when getting off the gas at low rpms since im not using deceleration settings...anything over 5% decel would just result in bucking.

im using idle advance settings, so i have it fixed at 10 deg btdc. when i open the throttle ever so slightly (set 2 ADC counts above throttle closed setting) it shoots the timing up to the mid 20s instantly which helps with throttle response and torque down low.

Last edited by 94PGT; March 6th, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #5
ausloki
Turbo Member

Here is my VE table, still a few lower bins that need tweaking
Mazda 626 hatch KLZE straight neck
MS I ver #III board with stock injectors

ausloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #6
frgt10one89
Balls Across The Nose

gonna try to get my squirt installed soon. for fuel only. its goin on a stock motor (fs) for now. anyone got a map o get me started
frgt10one89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #7
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

DIYPNP maps are stored in ZIP files with some other application notes. I might as well add them to this thread.

Our KLDE map is a bit incomplete as we weren't able to finish tuning it due to a mechanical problem. The owner fixed it and finished the tuning locally.

http://diyautotune.com/diypnp/apps/n...94-klde-mt.zip

And here's a F2T map.

http://diyautotune.com/diypnp/apps/n...092-f2t-mt.zip

My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at

Last edited by Matt Cramer; April 7th, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #8
shaodome
Megasquirt OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Cramer View Post
DIYPNP maps are stored in ZIP files with some other application notes. I might as well add them to this thread.

Our KLDE map is a bit incomplete as we weren't able to finish tuning it due to a mechanical problem. The owner fixed it and finished the tuning locally.

And here's a KLDE map.

http://diyautotune.com/diypnp/apps/n...092-f2t-mt.zip
.hey matt....do u mean the F2T (based on ur link)
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #9
fowljesse
Donating User

I'll post mine when I get it dialed in better.
Would someone post their accell enrichment? Something close to a ZE with Long tube headers, 65mm TB, no IAC, 2.5" exhaust, and blaster3 coil. Thanks
MX-3 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, AWR MMs, torq brace, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp./ Nyloil bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar/ solid endlinks, Azenis, leather int, Alpine stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster3, CF hood, FG hatch/ Lexan,
fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #10
ausloki
Turbo Member

I obviously am still having issues with the MS idle though. The warmup enrichment and idle setup in warmup or closed loop has to interfere with each other or something.

Mine hunts at warmup, once it is warm then idle still has dropping issues.
ausloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #11
jasons96pgtze
Colt Cams BB Master

Ive been waiting for someone to make a thread like this for a long time lol, glad someone finally did.. Thanks

1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..

jasons96pgtze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #12
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

Oops, fixed that. Should be F2T for the second link.

Old April 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #13
KeithnMikkii
PT Regular

i like this thread i hope it catches on.
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #14
knightrider07
POC Mod

Matt,
I was unable to find an "AFR Target Table" for the probes in your link posted above. By any chance do you or anyone have one thats good for beginners with boost?

Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny

2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not

1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol
knightrider07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #15
94PGT
Turbo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausloki View Post
I obviously am still having issues with the MS idle though. The warmup enrichment and idle setup in warmup or closed loop has to interfere with each other or something.

Mine hunts at warmup, once it is warm then idle still has dropping issues.
are you using ms to control idle? if not and its hunting then it is too lean, end of story really. turn off closed loop fuel correction and get everything dialed in first.

Old April 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #16
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

They're in the tune files, but we generally recommend aiming for around 14.7:1 at high vacuum, around 12.6:1 to 12.8:1 at 100 kPa, and bring it up to 11.6:1 to 11.9:1 at high boost.

Old April 26th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #17
323driver
Slow Learner

Matt, the ignition settings on the how-to page for the ford probe are different from the ones in the msq and word document you posted above. which ones are the correct ones?
323driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #18
slinkyPgT

subscribed.
lots of good info here
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #19
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

Let me know which write-up and I will check it out.

Old April 26th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #20
323driver
Slow Learner

Matt, I was talking about the word doc and msq in the zip below:

and the write-up on:
http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_arti..._mazda_mx6.htm in MegaTune Configuration for MS2/Extra

Can you just verify which settings are the correct ones. I'm still having problems with my KL, it just won't start, even with the stock disty.
Old April 27th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #21
323driver
Slow Learner

^Matt, any updates on this?
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #22
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

DIYPNPs use slightly different ignition input and output hardware. Accordingly, the settings can be slightly different. Use the settings on the DIYPNP page only with DIYPNP hardware.

Old June 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #23
yellow2point0
Donating Member

geez... so much for this post lasting :-/ right when i need to find a base stock fuel&spark map to start my DIYPNP v1.1 firmware: MS2 Extra 3.0.3u alpha 20100522....

I guess it's just trial and error for me So nobody wants to share their MSQ files?

1995 PGT completely stock: injectors, fuel, etc.
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #24
fowljesse
Donating User

I'm a computer newb. How do I get a shot of my tables?
MX-3 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, AWR MMs, torq brace, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp./ Nyloil bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar/ solid endlinks, Azenis, leather int, Alpine stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster3, CF hood, FG hatch/ Lexan,
fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #25
yellow2point0
Donating Member

using the "prt screen" button

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowljesse View Post
I'm a computer newb. How do I get a shot of my tables?
I usually just use the "print Screen" button on the keyboard, then open up Microsoft Paint or something and goto Edit/Paste and it pastes the whole screen shot of what you were doing. Then you can just crop and cut just the fuel and/or spark table and post it up