Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > Probe Pic & Video Post

Probe Pic & Video Post Post your PROBE-RELATED pics and Videos here!

Old June 12th, 2017, 03:06 PM   #1
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

Mini explosion!!! Car nage inside

I was driving on the freeway, heard a pop, steam, smelled coolant. Pulled to the slow lane, watching the temp gauge rise as I limped the car off the freeway, into the hood of course, on an industrial parkway. I opened the hood and found the top of the lower coolant fill spot blown off. I made my call for assistance, and let the car cool down. Watched a Car Throttle video, then got back under the hood to see if there was anything I could do while I was waiting. Figuring I was going to have to drive it home with the system open I started taking the tank off looking at the parts and hoses. Anyway, I came up with this. Oh, always bring your tools, some gloves and zip ties. XD

Small screwdriver handle jammed into this hose with a glove to seal it.

Larger screwdriver handle jammed into larger hose.

By the time I was done the rescue vehicle with water arrived, and I filled up.
The car stayed cool the whole trip home.

Film at 11:00
url]https://youtu.be/Lesz2ZebzD8[/url <- just highlight the middle part if you're interested, links not working on here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BLUEnoEQ; June 12th, 2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: images and video
BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #2
J_Unit
Donating User

LOL. That was a pretty creative solution.
J_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #3
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

Why thank you sir! It's already been replaced now too. Always have a parts car at home.

Old June 14th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #4
P1P
Turbo Member

shade tree mechanic lol

P1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #5
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

Ha ha I wish there was a shade tree back there. It's a hot one

Old June 14th, 2017, 09:36 PM   #6
mac1
Probe has-been

Do like

Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote