1994 Ford probe gt build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dammitcam View Post
    please leave the stance bs with the hondas and subarus and other cars...
    stance doesnt always mean wide wheels and skinny tires. hes running a 245 on a 10.5" rim, thats hardly stretched

Comment

You couldn't pay me to run another set of Nankang tires
      You are one of the mixed reviews that pops up about these tires then.

please leave the stance bs with the hondas and subarus and other cars... These cars are getting too few and far between to have them ragged out and tore up. also, stancing out a car defeats the purpose of even having power.. No reason in making it if you can't put it to the road.
      I believe any car can be what you want it to be with time, money, hard work and effort. This car will be put together accordingly. There are also alot of stanced cars putting down power as well. You can have best of both worlds.

The stance scene is not for everybody I know that.

Originally posted by proboner View Post
      wait so we wont get to see those wheels on the car? I've been waiting for this!
      No sorry. I have a guy who already wants them .

Originally posted by n8r View Post
      stance doesnt always mean wide wheels and skinny tires. hes running a 245 on a 10.5" rim, thats hardly stretched
      Exactly! I don't get why people hate stanced cars so much. I mean there is already two probes that have done it and they look great! Shaun and Erik's probe.

Comment

I don't understand why you care what they think

It's your car and your money as long as you enjoy what you doing and what the car looks like in the end

f..k these hating azz b..tches

when their opinion start to matter then tell them to donated to your car fund
        Last edited by P1P; March 26, 2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of stretched tires. But I like the stance look.
          1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Definitely looking forward to this build. I like the JNC wheels, but those aodhan are beauties. I've actually looked at a few styles of those aodhan wheels, let me know what you think about the quality when you get them.

As for the Nankangs (I've used NS-2), I've used them for over 5 years now and they're great daily tires - good in the wet and dry, never seen snow. If you try to launch it hard, they're definitely not super sticky but they do the job for a road car. I personally love them... enough that I bought a set of NS-2R for some test and tune nights.
            Last edited by BradsPGT; March 26, 2016, 08:14 PM.
            1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
            Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
            1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
            2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

This build looks like it is going to come together very well. I can't wait to see some updates. Keep up the good work.
              My '97 GTS in its prime
              New GTS Stripped and gutted rebuild from ground up.
              2000 Explorer XLS 2 inch lift 32 inch BFG's My Wifes Daily

Comment

Good work buddy, me likey
                -Red 1993 16v Probe in Aruba, unable to be saved but shall rust in peace.
                -Silver 1993 24v Probe in The Netherlands, big project to make it perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by P1P View Post
                  I don't understand why you care what they think

It's your car and your money as long as you enjoy what you doing and what the car looks like in the end

f..k these hating azz b..tches

when their opinion start to matter then tell them to donated to your car fund
                  That's why I'm scared of car shows now. People always got something negative to say. I'll just learn to ignore it.

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
                  I'm not a huge fan of stretched tires. But I like the stance look.
                  I don't think it will be too stretched I believe but hopefully the stance will be great when I'm done.

Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
                  Definitely looking forward to this build. I like the JNC wheels, but those aodhan are beauties. I've actually looked at a few styles of those aodhan wheels, let me know what you think about the quality when you get them.

As for the Nankangs (I've used NS-2), I've used them for over 5 years now and they're great daily tires - good in the wet and dry, never seen snow. If you try to launch it hard, they're definitely not super sticky but they do the job for a road car. I personally love them... enough that I bought a set of NS-2R for some test and tune nights.
                  Yeah I would of kept the jnc but decided to go wider lol. I was searching for a very long time before I decided on the nankang ns 20s. It was all mixed reviews but I bit the bullet and bought them. Thank you for your review on them I hope mine are just as great.

Originally posted by dukes193 View Post
                  This build looks like it is going to come together very well. I can't wait to see some updates. Keep up the good work.
                  Thank you sir. I'll for sure be updating alot as I'm serious about this.
                  Originally posted by Pieterprobe View Post
                  Good work buddy, me likey
                  Me likey too lol

Side note - wheels came in this morning I'm picking them up from ups as I have to sign and I wouldn't have been home when they dropped them off. Also I'm buying my coilovers today!

Updated mods list

Comment

Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
                    That's why I'm scared of car shows now. People always got something negative to say. I'll just learn to ignore it.
                    Welcome to my life. Going to shows with a Probe can be hard if you are thin skinned. I have watched as judges have scored my car low and other cars like Mustangs that looked like like they were just drug out of some back woods junkyard high. I have heard the laughter and crude comments at every show I have been to. No matter what show I have been too I have never fit in with it. hot rodders, racers, oldies, muscle cars, lowriders, mini truckers, imports, and every other type of car I stand alone.

Even with all that there has always been at least one person who has came up to me to talk about my Probe. That is the person I go to the shows to meet. I show for myself and that one lone soul out there that will enjoy seeing my car there.
                    1993 Probe GT
                    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
                      Welcome to my life. Going to shows with a Probe can be hard if you are thin skinned. I have watched as judges have scored my car low and other cars like Mustangs that looked like like they were just drug out of some back woods junkyard high. I have heard the laughter and crude comments at every show I have been to. No matter what show I have been too I have never fit in with it. hot rodders, racers, oldies, muscle cars, lowriders, mini truckers, imports, and every other type of car I stand alone.

Even with all that there has always been at least one person who has came up to me to talk about my Probe. That is the person I go to the shows to meet. I show for myself and that one lone soul out there that will enjoy seeing my car there.
                      It's sad how cruel and negative people can be. They expect everyone to like what they like and build a car just like there's. I know there is hope because Shaun and Erik gets alot of compliments on there cars and so many other probe owners do too I believe.

I all I want to do is build a one of a kind probe.

Comment

So opened up my wheels yesterday and my goodness they are shiny lol love me some wide wheels.

I also bought my yonaka coilovers with stance coilover Springs and universal camber plates.

Updated mods list.
                        Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; July 26, 2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanced4lyfe View Post
                          So opened up my wheels yesterday and my goodness they are shiny lol love me some wide wheels.

I also bought my yonaka coilovers with stance coilover Springs and universal camber plates.

Updated mods list.

now I just had your back on page 1

now I hate your guts (joking) cause I ordered gold wheels too lol

just playing with you I like the wheels keep up the good work
                          Last edited by P1P; March 31, 2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

So did you have the wheels sent off and plated if so how much did the plating cost

or did you order yours already gold

Comment

now I just had your back on page 1

now I hate your guts (joking) cause I ordered gold wheels too lol

just playing with you I like the wheels keep up the good work
                              Lol thank you sir what wheels you get?

So did you have the wheels sent off and plated if so how much did the plating cost

or did you order yours already gold
                              I bought then like this I couldn't pass em up lol

Comment

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5485/1...2097d553_b.jpg

I went 19's considered 18's but I think 19's fit the wheel well better once you lower a car

Comment

Working...
                                X