Cooling System Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling System Pressure

I've got an odd cooling system problem on my 2.2 liter turbo motor. I seem to be building up some extra pressure in the upper radiator hose to the point where it bulges out some and slowly starts to pull away from the thermostat housing. I've replaced the hose (old one started a pinhole leak), the thermostat (correct OEM dual stage) and even the radiator cap with the correctly rated one, but the problem persists. The engine runs really well and also within the normal temperature ratings you see in the turbo motors(180-200ish) I just want to get some input from others.

Thanks

Did you replace the hose clamp? I'm a second gen guy but had a similar issue with a heater core hose. The auto tensioning hose clamp was junk. Put one of those turn it till its tight hose clamps on it and it seemed to fix the issue for me.

Comment

do a leak test on each cylinder for sure you not beginning a bad headgasket. i already see this on my mx6
      Ford Focus RS 2018 red race
      Ford Escape XLT V6 2008
      Mazda Mx6 GT 1991
      Ford Focus RS 2017 nitrous blue (Dead in Fire)

Comment

Originally posted by TimB52
        test post
        You are going to get yourself booted -nobody likes this kind of crap (assuming you are even a real person and not a spambot!)
        Success is a measure of determination!
        Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
        $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
        Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
        X