No announcement yet.

SBPGT's Turbo build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't done much. Cleaned the garage and got a little motivated. Designed some wood block wheel stands for the car so I can get to the underside of the car without the jack stands in the way. Just waiting for my sister to get back from vacation so I can grab a bunch of 2x4's from her house remodel.

Did a setup on the extra block I had. It looks like it could fit with some modifications.

The intercooler probably sits too high right now. I can tirm the elbows down a little bit, but might still be too high. I think if I switch the 90 degree with 45 degree elbows it might free up some room and lower the height? Another option is to use a different intake manifold. The second problem is how/where to put the BOV. There might be enough room to weld a small tube with the flange for the BOV between the coupler and IC body? My finished plan is to have someone weld up some pie cut reducers from the trubo to the IC and the IC to the TB.

P.S. Find the pieces of "FrankenProbe" in the pics.
    Last edited by SBPGT; September 8, 2017, 03:17 AM.
    Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
    STEVE B
    1993 Probe GT
    2016 Mustang

Comment

Give it to me. That will fix the fitment problem.
      DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
      94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Working...
      X