Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One last time -- power door lock does not work, help me fix this beast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last time -- power door lock does not work, help me fix this beast!

My driver's side power door lock doesn't work. I'm absolutly out of ideas. I have replaced the door lock actuator, i have replaced the door lock switch. The driver's side door lock does not lock or unlock. The passenger side works fine. The only thing i havn't replaced is the relay. But looking at the power lock diagram, if one lock works, then the other should work unless there is a wiring problem. I have checked wires, but to no avail. It has been two damn years since this thing stopped working and i will have it working by weeks end or take it into ford.

please advise.
    moo
    eng

well even though i'm talking to myself, i'll talk anyways. I think i have figured out hte problem. After testing every different combination with a voltmeter, i have discovered the splice labled S247 is bad. Going to ford tomarrow to find out where this splice is.

Comment

I was gonna say try the actual lock assembly itself. Not the cylinder, but the lock/latch assembly that locks onto the catch on the door jamb. Good luck.
      Keith-94 PGT "Vanessa"...sold
      '91 MR2turbo Jspec
      '03 Maxima VQ35DE
      '11 Nissan Rogue (wifes)
      -OLD SKOOL-

Comment

I had the same problem, look between the door and the car where it connects by the dash. For some reason if you connect that, or jiggle it it will work......but that meant it would stope the windows also from moving.....good luck
        2004 Audi S4

2012 Ford Escape

Comment

ok, an update for all. I have played with the volt meter for about 2-3 hours on my car and went down and talked with a ford technician. I have traced the problem to the red wire that goes to the motor. It does not recieve any voltage and is disconnected somewhere. The guy at ford wasn't that much help, but am going to talk to him tomarrow.

I have followed the red wire into the group of wires right before it leaves the door to go into the dash. But i cannot find it underneath the dash. According to the diagram i got from ford, it goes into a connector on the underside of the dash. I have taken my fuse block out to get a better view, but still cannot find this damn wire. Anybody know where it connects to? after it connects there, it splices into the wire that leads to the relay. If i can find these wires, i know i can fix it.

any more suggestions people?

ow and i did try wiggling the wires, but still doesn't work.

thanks

Comment

captains log stardate 2345f32d-A

I talked to ford again today and they said hte wire comes through the door and goes to a large connector. I have taken out the fuse panel to get a better view and i cannot even find the wire where it comes through the door. i found the bundle, but the wire is not there???

Just out of luck is there anyone that has had similar problems and has had to trace the power lock wires throughout their car. I'm pretty sure i've found all the connectors and don't see a red wire going into any of them.

I really don't want to take this to ford because they said it would be around 100 to 150 to fix it, depending on how long it takes them to find the problem.

please if anyone has anything to offer, speak up!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X