Turbo with stock exhaust/bumper exit exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo with stock exhaust/bumper exit exhaust

How restictive would the 2.25 stock exhaust be on a 6-7 psi klde?
    Only asking because i'll be starting my build soon and am thinking of running a electric cut out instead of a 3inch turbo back.
    One other option is bumper exit but fitting a muffler with no silencer might be too loud even with the turbo taking some of the noise out.
    Any one tried something like this? or anyone driven with no exhuast just so I can get a idea on how loud we are talking.
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...s/onpocsig.jpg

I had no exhaust on mine for a few week. It is really loud. You can hear the turbo really well, and it sounds cool when you are accelerating, but it is super loud. It's been months since I got an exhaust on it, and my ears still ring. Definitely, go with some type of muffler. It will be way too loud. Unless of course this is a track car, then just use ear plugs. But if its a dd then it would be way too loud.
    95 pgtze RIP
    93 pgtze the powerplant of my 95 lives on.
    94 pgtze-t Work in progress.
    95 pgtze DD
    63 Pontiac Catalina 389cid stock except for MSD

Comment

Do both! Get a cut-out fitted after the wideband o2 sensor and run your pipe after that with a decent-flow muffler and resonator.
      DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
      94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

I don't think the stock exhaust is 2.25, my borla was only 2.0. I love the Idea of a cutout, I say get a 3" downpipe, to a 3" cutout, then reduce down to 2.5 or whatever, and add a good resonator and muffler so you can keep attention away from the car when DDing

John
        '93 PGT-T/S M62 supercharger,.57 trim T3/T4 turbo,
        11.992@115 Twincharged on 10psi
        11.941@111.66 Twincharged,23" Slicks, 1.749 60',14psi, spinning the clutch(123.7mph highest trap)
        RWD Probe-4.8L LS-TH400-3.25's-self tuned-in process.... Best time to date: 10.240@135.3mph, 3300lbs

Comment

i had 2.25 exhaust my turbo probe.worked great with no cat just muffler.stock is really small like 1.85 or 2.0
          black 94 probe gt-on 5lbs boost - t3/t4 50trim dynoed at 210hp & 194 tq on fmu

Comment

Working...
          X