This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen TRUE traction bars.....

Okay, so I've seen some of the traction bars that have been made for the 2nd Probes, and I have been disappointed.

Working with Medieval Motorsports, we have been in the works of some Traction Bars for you guys.

The release date is soon, and the will lower your 60 ft times, and decrease wheel hop.

They will be price around $199 SHIPPED

Last edited by darkstarmotorsp; March 27, 2009, 10:41 PM.

pics installed?

Comment

i will get some from our test car

Comment

looks promising!
        Turbo'd 94 Mx6 12.87 @ 115 on 5 psi.
        Built by Me, eBay and zip ties.
        96 White M-Edition mx6 Being built with above's parts, just less tip ties and sketchyness.

Comment

how r the mounts?
          93 Probe GT / soon KLZE swap and more..

Comment

Originally posted by T_gtze View Post
            how r the mounts?

The motor mounts?

Comment

yea
              the ones from darkstarmotorsports
              93 Probe GT / soon KLZE swap and more..

Comment

Not to be overly critical or sound ungrateful for new PGT parts development, but are these on a car yet, have these gains been measured, proven, and documented? We've had a lot of well-intended small vendors around here promise great things from parts only to have them fall apart or not perform their function.

I used to work at a big Mustang shop (JDM), and I still help out there part time - if I had a dollar for every part we developed that didn't work like we thought it would and we had to rip it apart and change the design three or four times to get it right, or completely scrap the project altogether, I'd have a nice pension plan.

Comment

Originally posted by T_gtze View Post
                  yea
                  the ones from darkstarmotorsports
                  Their great!! Only our front and passenger side mount will fit your V6 though.

Originally posted by 95PGTTech View Post
                  Not to be overly critical or sound ungrateful for new PGT parts development, but are these on a car yet, have these gains been measured, proven, and documented? We've had a lot of well-intended small vendors around here promise great things from parts only to have them fall apart or not perform their function.

I used to work at a big Mustang shop (JDM), and I still help out there part time - if I had a dollar for every part we developed that didn't work like we thought it would and we had to rip it apart and change the design three or four times to get it right, or completely scrap the project altogether, I'd have a nice pension plan.
                  We're not a small vendor, only a small portion of our products swap over to the Probe/MX-6 platform. As for the testing, yes we do have a set on a test car doing around 300WHP, so these traction bars are getting all the R&D testing they need.

But I understand your thought on new developments, we have scarpped out plenty of ideas because of design change.

Comment

I'm just saying most people want to spend their money on proven products, in particular us guys on here who have been burned by MANY vendors so far. Some basic details like what modifications are on the car, what mileage, transmission, clutch, suspension, etc. who was driving, conditions, settings on the suspension and traction bars, tire type and size, etc. Some timeslips to back up the claim of lower 60's, or even better, some video, and background on the driver would really go a long way in helping you sell your product.

Good luck, it's great to see vendors come out with new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 95PGTTech View Post
                      I'm just saying most people want to spend their money on proven products, in particular us guys on here who have been burned by MANY vendors so far. Some basic details like what modifications are on the car, what mileage, transmission, clutch, suspension, etc. who was driving, conditions, settings on the suspension and traction bars, tire type and size, etc. Some timeslips to back up the claim of lower 60's, or even better, some video, and background on the driver would really go a long way in helping you sell your product.

Good luck, it's great to see vendors come out with new stuff.

I totally agree with you. I didn't want to release any info about these early, but I wanted to surprise everyone.

Once the data comes back, I will post it.

Thank You BTW.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Comment

I ****ing Hate Wheel hop!!!!! I just have no idea on how to install them ....
                        REDL|NE SOC|ETY

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                          I ****ing Hate Wheel hop!!!!! I just have no idea on how to install them ....

they will include instructions. Since you don't like wheel hop, have you tried a solid set of motor mounts yet?

Comment

So whatever happened with this BB?
                            1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

Maybe the ended up in the circular file?
                              ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                              ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                              ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Working...
                              X