Summit racing mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit racing mufflers

so i was flipping threw my summit racing catalog lookin at parts for my stingray and came across there mufflers. there 30 bucks and say there as good as the rest. now ive use summit racing parts before on my vette but never on the probe. has anyone out there used these mufflers? if so howd you guys like it?
    Im planing on doing a turbo set up later so i want something that sounds deep but not to ricer.

what size piping or muffler should i use? 3" or 2 1/4? i plan on going dual exhausts with some square tips (from a acura TL maybe) let me know what you all think.
    93 mazda pgt
    CAI, E3 plugs, fsb & rsb, TB spacer, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, ebiach springs, Rx8 rims. Hopefully boosting by summer!
    74 corvette stingray LS1 swap....03 GSXR 600 79 cb400 project cafe racer bike.

well...there's an mx6gt down here with a summit turbo muffler 2.5in in/out on it.....haven't gotten to listen to it yet but I've heard it's pulling a little bit better than it was with an open downpipe.

although, I think this is definitely the wrong section to post this question in.
    Last edited by SuperSquid; May 18, 2009, 06:54 PM.
    '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
    '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
    '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

oh nice... is that what most probes run 2.5? or should it be bigger if im turboing it
      93 mazda pgt
      CAI, E3 plugs, fsb & rsb, TB spacer, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, ebiach springs, Rx8 rims. Hopefully boosting by summer!

Comment

2 1/4 for DE, 2.5 for ZE, 3 for boost. And nice section to post in lol
        02 Lexus Is 300
        06 GSX-R 600
        99 Monte Carlo

Comment

If your boosting I wouldn't go smaller than 2.5 exhaust, 3" cat back would be great though.
          I haven't any experience with sumit mufflers, I've always used Magna flow.

-v

Comment

oh dang i just realized this isnt the performance section.
            idk what happened i was commenting on a ebay turbo thread and musta linked here on accented or something.

so 3inches ill go. from cat back from the turbo....well idk heres the turbo im getting
            let me know what you think its suppose to let you have your after market headers and stuff.

[link removed]
            Last edited by valant_94gt; May 18, 2009, 09:51 PM. Reason: no ebay links allowed.
            93 mazda pgt

Comment

That link was to AVC pipes actually, and they do NOT bolt up to Aftermarket Headers. You have to use obd-I stock logs. And yeah you could use 2.5" which will be great for low boost and that size turbo, but if you plan on big boost or have a bigger turbo I'd go 3".

All the different kits AVC offers are here :
              http://avcboostwerx.com/index.php?cid=1

Any questions, ASK!
              -v

Comment

oh you guys are a turbo vendor?
                so im lookin for something i could use stock internals and stuff car has 140k on it and i dont plan on going to 10 or 12psi keeping it low maybe 5. so that $600 kit would work?
                93 mazda pgt

Comment

This kit is good for high or low boost, if you have obd-I exhaust logs these pipes are easier to install because you don't need to install the headers the other kits have. Just bolt these pipes up to your stock stuff.

So yes the Partial kit will work, it includes the Turbo hot pipes, Turbo, Wastegate and boost controller. A Intercooler kit is optional but recommended, you will also need a oil line kit.

-v
                  Last edited by valant_94gt; May 19, 2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X