My Probe Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Probe Build Thread

Here is my Probe. I picked it up for $1000 with 75k miles on it. It needs some work, but over the summer I am going to work on it. My goal is to have something that I can take to the Metro Cruise. Me and my best friend are going to build this car to be something really fun. The first thing I want to do is give it some TLC. The previous owner abused the crap out of it, and I just want to get it as nice looking as I can.

(More pics to come. It was snowing hard today, so I didn't get very many)
    '93 Mercury Sable GS (R.I.P)
    '00 Chevrolet Blazer LT (R.I.P.)
    '93 Ford Probe GT (Limping her around until I can find a new daily... Then the rebuild will begin ) http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701315706

Good luck on your new pride and joy.
    1996 Vibrant White GT,Tokico Suspension Package, Greddy Catback, Urethane Motor mounts, Short Shifter
    Contour Rear Swaybar, Tinted Windows

Comment

Nice looking PGT. The paint actually looks like its in pretty good shape and not all faded/pealing like a lot of the red PGTs do after this amount of time.

With the back bumper, if you don't want to replace it you could probably just cut it so it looks almost like its made that way - just bring the back along a gentle slope to meet the under-side of the bumper. That way it wouldn't look broken unless you really knew what you were looking at.

I feel your pain on the snow.. We just got hit with a few inches over night too. Mid April and it looks like Christmas
      1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
      Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
      1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
      2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
        Nice looking PGT. The paint actually looks like its in pretty good shape and not all faded/pealing like a lot of the red PGTs do after this amount of time.

With the back bumper, if you don't want to replace it you could probably just cut it so it looks almost like its made that way - just bring the back along a gentle slope to meet the under-side of the bumper. That way it wouldn't look broken unless you really knew what you were looking at.

I feel your pain on the snow.. We just got hit with a few inches over night too. Mid April and it looks like Christmas
        Thats why I left mine in storage. Snow was in the forecast and you had said you were gonna get some. That stinks. It has been cold and rainy here for two solid days though so I feel your pain

AllOfTheProbes 1st: Welcome to
        2nd: You got a great buy on that, car does look very nice. Some Tlc and and it will be ready for cruising in the nice weather........................................... .................................................. .......................................you know, if the NICE weather ever arrives

Comment

Thanks everyone!! Mechanically, this thing is almost perfect. It needs quite a bit of cosmetic work though. The paint has a lot of chips and the paint is faded on the rear spoiler and trunk area. I think the previous owner did it himself though because it looks like there is hair in the paint on the hood.
          '93 Ford Probe GT (Limping her around until I can find a new daily... Then the rebuild will begin ) http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701315706

Comment

Wash the car real carefully. Then use Meguiars Clay on it. Then wax. You will be amazed. Oh and don't forget to Clay the glass as well

Comment

I will. The first thing I have to do is remove the window tint. It is full of air bubbles and I can't see anything out my rear window.

Comment

Absolutely. Get that crap off of there and then do the wash/clay/wax thing. It makes a big difference.Then clean up the inside. It will make the car look better and it will make you feel like doing more to it.

Comment

Yep!! I am going to try and buy some stuff soon. I am just going to baby this thing a lot.

Comment

It looks like you can hunt your backyard.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Oh schnikes your in mich. Nice plate by the way.
                    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Yeah we have 4 acres, and yes I am. I just took this thing for a spin. I love this car so much. Everybody on the road hates it because I am a kid with a red sports car, but I love this thing.

Comment

(more pics coming in a bit )

Comment

Originally posted by AllOfTheProbes View Post
                          Everybody on the road hates it because I am a kid with a red sports car, but I love this thing.
                          Yeah another red zippy car ! LOL but they are sooooooo fun. keep us posted with your progress.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Originally posted by AllOfTheProbes View Post
                          I love this car so much.
                          We love ours too

Comment

NEW PICTURES!!!

Well, like I said, the interior needs work. Also, the wires in the trunk are for subs and I sound system. I got this thing with an amazing audio system, but the rest of the interior is pretty bad. Also, that huge crack is in the top of the dash.

That windshield cleaner thing on the left isn't hooked up to anything and just rattles around. Every time I close the hood, it pops out.

Here is an example of the horrible paint job the previous owner did. I don't know what that is if it is hair or pine needles or what.

Here is my first mission. Get that horrible window tint off. I can't see a thing out of my rear windshield. Also, you can see the only place where the paint is super messed up.

Here is the other side. It isn't as pretty, and I drove it down a dirt road before taking this picture.
                            Last edited by AllOfTheProbes; April 15, 2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Just for fun, a picture with the lights up.

A few engine pics. I don't know what the green is about, but I will probably paint that black.
                              So, there it is. Next, I need to start working on it and getting it into as good of shape as I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X