Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > 1st Gen (89-92) Performance

1st Gen (89-92) Performance Discussion of Performance topics for the 1st Gen (all models)

Old June 27th, 2001, 07:59 PM   #1
89probegt
Donating Member

hey everyone,

Today I just placed a major order for upgrading the suspension and breaks. I called SP Motorsports and ordered their Brembo slotted front rotors and KVR slotted rear rotors (both of which will be silver cadmium plated) I also purchased their VGX pads, and rebuilt calipers for front and rear. To top if off, I'll be painting the reman. calipers blue to match the Tokico gas struts that I currently have installed. Lastly, I also managed to get a good deal from them for the Eibach front and rear sway bars. Normally, they don't stock them..but they were able to make me a pretty good deal. I'm pretty pschyed about this purchase...it should do wonders for my handling and braking ability. I should start receiving my parts by early next week. I'll let you guys know how the installs turn out. I'd also be interested in hearing any opinions on these products, if any of you have them installed on your GT's.

keep on probin'

stock turbo, HKS I/C Pipes, SBC TZ clutch, KVR cadmium/slotted rotors & pads, SMC SS brake lines, K&N filter, intake silencer-delete, A/C-delete, FSTB, Probesport RSTB, Probesport STS, custom mandrel stainless exhaust with Magnaflow muffler and highflow cat, Tokico "blues", Eibach Pro Kit, Yokahama Avid H4's on 17" Enkei TBS-11's, Raxles axles, Energy Suspension endlinks, ARP cyl head stud and exhaust manifold stud conversions
89probegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:07 PM   #2
FLAPOC-Pres

Sounds like you have a great plan.
I am not sure on the Eibach sway bars.
Only diffculty i see with those is with the front sway bar near the firewall, otherwise should be easy install.
FLAPOC-Pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:10 PM   #3
89probegt
Donating Member

yeah, your right...I've noticed that myself.

It might be a slight pain in the a** when I get there. Obviously, I'll have to pull both front wheels off and try to see if I can slide the thing off from one side, but whith the rack and tie rods in the way, that might take a little "coaxing" to get out.
89probegt is offline   Reply With Quote