• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Fluid Change

Fluid Type - 75w90 GL4

Fluid Capacity - 2.9 quarts (2.7L)

Transmission Fluid Drain

1. Raise and support the vehicle.
    2. Remove the transaxle drainplug and allow the transmission fluid to drain into a suitable container.
    3. Install the transaxle drainplug using a new copper washer. Tighten the transaxle drainplug to 40-58 N-m (29-43 lb-ft).
    4. Lower the vehicle.

Transmission Fluid Fill

1. Place the vehicle on a level surface.
    2. Clean the transaxle case near the transmission fluid level plug to prevent transmission fluid contamination.
    3. Remove the transmission fluid level plug and copper washer.
    4. Add the correct amount of the specified transmission fluid to the transaxle, until the fluid level reaches the lower edge of the transmission fluid level plug port.
    5. Replace the transmission fluid level plug using a new copper washer. Tighten the transmission fluid level plug to 40-58 N-m (29-43 lb-ft).

Procedure courtesy of bhaven
    Last edited by PurpleMetal1; September 23, 2004, 08:31 AM.
    Eric
    96 Miata M
    We're all still learning...

idrivetofast--

when i did this i put 3 quarts of royal purple in and the shifter is nice and smooth now, i like it, i think i should have put anextra quart in though because i was du,mping some in while the drain plug was out so it would wash all the old stuff out.(i highly reccommend that royal purple stuff also, i got it from carparts.com i believe?)

putting the fluid in was an interesting job, you take a funnel and put a hose on the end of it, run the hose down through the engine bay and then pour it in from there. since i didnt have any hosethat would fit into the fill hole i had to rig this huge pvc pipe to fit on the hose at the end of the funnel. just make sure you have enough hose and that it will fit in the fill hole. this was pretty easy doing this so good luck.
    Eric
    96 Miata M
    We're all still learning...

Comment

Working...
    X