No current to distributor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No current to distributor.

Engine turns over, but won't start. There is no current going to the distributor. According to my Haynes manual there should be current where the red/black wire enters. I checked for continunity to a larger red black wire at the fuse box and get none. But I am not sure I even had the correct wires. I am stumped.

I cant believe it! the links are not broken!

The 3rd url link may help you tremendously.

Its from an old hack thread I made many moons ago. https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...p?t=1701279431

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by MSDKLZE; December 28, 2017, 08:35 AM.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
    94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

It has a new distributor. I do not think the problem is the distributor, however. Current is not even getting to the distributor.

Comment

Back probe said wire for continuity....
        94 PGT
        [96 PGT FuLL OBD2 WiRe HaRNeSS] ]KL31 SHoRT BLoCK & CaMS] [KL1C MaF SWap] [CuRVe NeCK MaNiFoLD] [KL68 TB] [Hei & MSD BLaSTeR 2] [Cai] [SS HeaDeRS] [STS] [R&R PoLY F&R MouNT & SHiFTeR iNSeRTS] [STaGe 2 CLuTCH] [FiDaNZa FLYWHeeL] [eGR DeLeTe] [FuLL a/C DeLeTe] [CoiLoVeRS] [RX8 WHeeLS oN 225/45/18]

Comment

I don't completely know the workings of that circuit.... where does disty power input come from? ECU?

Something tells me that the spark system would probably have its own fuse or relay.
          DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
          94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Relay next to ecu
            Mazda Mx3- Panther black, Kosei 18", custom hood, cleaned, new pakfeifer front, customized pakfeifer rear

KLZE highcompression, Pippercros Viper intake, kl31cams, MS1 v3, Aasco fly, CM st3 clutch, cai, ss headers, ground wirekit, srd bushings, msd window switches, nitrous

Comment

Relay?????

I'm having the same no start problem, went away when my mechanic swapped ECU's, makes me wonder if this caused relay to be disturbed and start working again. Is it able to be found,replaced?
              Later,Doug
              TCB in a Flash!

Comment

Working...
              X