Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > Engine Electronics

Engine Electronics Do you own a Jacobs, MSD, MegaSquirt or other ignition/fuel system? Get in here and ask your questions!

Old January 26th, 2016, 11:14 AM   #201
ChillinZX

The default map is set at 12 something and under a/f. Sounds normal, the extra fuel probably keeps the temp down. You can adjust it manually if you want, say 13 to 14 or so. I deleted my IAC, so I just adjust the screw on top if my idle is too high or low.
2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, ebay headers, ebay CAI system, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around, custom made traction bars mounted to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, etc...

Last edited by ChillinZX; January 26th, 2016 at 11:17 AM.
ChillinZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 08:04 PM   #202
gavinegr

Great resource!
gavinegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #203
stoker100
Donating Member

Just wanted to update this thread with some tunes:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~steven.s/

stoker100 2017= my current tune as of right now
-MSD
-36-1 wheel
-No VRIS
-WMI control
-Mill S inj

NA 2015= my last tune before boosting (has some boosted VE/Timing but that's easy to change)
-MSD
-Stock crank wheel
-Stock injectors
-VRIS
^ for you proboner!

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34
Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. Current
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stoker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:11 AM   #204
BlackProbe
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoker100 View Post
Just wanted to update this thread with some tunes:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~steven.s/

stoker100 2017= my current tune as of right now
-MSD
-36-1 wheel
-No VRIS
-WMI control
-Mill S inj

NA 2015= my last tune before boosting (has some boosted VE/Timing but that's easy to change)
-MSD
-Stock crank wheel
-Stock injectors
-VRIS
^ for you proboner!
Why did you switch the the 36-1 wheel??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BlackProbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:32 PM   #205
stoker100
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackProbe View Post
Why did you switch the the 36-1 wheel??
It was on the crank SC OD pulley.

Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34
Nitrous oxide. - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. Current
stoker100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 03:44 AM   #206
Probomax
Search Impaired

Spark maps

Does anyone have some good spark maps for NA?
The Megasquirt baseup maps are for turbo and I' trying to figure out what a good map for NA would look like.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 12:40 PM   #207
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probomax View Post
Does anyone have some good spark maps for NA?
The Megasquirt baseup maps are for turbo and I' trying to figure out what a good map for NA would look like.
The MSPNP base map was tuned on a naturally aspirated KLZE.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php

My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2017, 09:37 AM   #208
proboner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Cramer View Post
The MSPNP base map was tuned on a naturally aspirated KLZE.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php
Unless I'm just somehow looking at the wrong thing, the map there goes well above 100kpa, suggesting that it's for FI. Also, timing at 100kpa is at like 22*, which seems a bit low for NA at WOT...

Elo-

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Project RWD- RWD PGT For Sale... pm me if interested
proboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 06:42 AM   #209
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

Yes, we put some cells in boost on the map because we anticipated a lot of customers would be using the MSPNP for turbo motors. The map was meant to be a starting point. As such, I think it's got a degree or two pulled out. That said, like most modern engines, KLZEs don't like a lot of timing compared to muscle car era engines.

Old July 3rd, 2017, 08:57 PM   #210
spada
ProbeTalk MC

I beg to differ on that last remark about it not liking timing.

On 93 octane, it wants 29 degrees at max torque RPM
On 87 octane, it can still handle 27 degrees at max torque. I've dyno tuned just the timing after fine tuning the fuel. I started at 32 degrees and found the top of the parabola. I then called Corksport to talk with their KL race engine tuner. I wish I could remember his name. It was something exotic like Alistar or something. His words were along the lines of "the KL loves 29 degrees. That's what we run for maximum power." That confirmed my findings. Then I shared my findings with the community, and shortly after, everyone running MSNS on NA KLZE's were hitting their highest dyno numbers. Most people were using my entire timing map and I still see likenesses to my maps in almost every KL map I download.
spada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2017, 08:32 AM   #211
Matt Cramer
Authorized PT Vendor

Unfortunately, the tuner who set up that map no longer works here, so I'm not able to check with him on the exact origin of the map. It may have been that he'd combined a tune from a stock KLZE with the timing map from a turbo KLDE that we had tuned at a different time.

Old July 6th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #212
yellow2point0
Donating Member

Matt, I'm about to fire up this PGT running the newest MS3-Pro Ultimate. Pretty darn excited! I'll post my tables soon, guys. I have access to a dyno and tuning here at the University of Northwestern Ohio :-)

Love, love, love all the inputs and outputs of the MS3-Pro! Even check engine light works on my stock PGT dash :-D