Lateral Link Measurement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral Link Measurement?

Wondering if anyone has lateral links they can measure kicking around? looking for the measurement from center hole to center hole of all 4 links. I'm looking to run aftermarket links made for a protege seeing if they will fit.

thanks for any help

Keith
    Sensei blue PGT Turbo'd http://members.cardomain.com/kes16

Nice. So am I. You looking at the Megan arms? I was actually going to measure the Protege arms off of my friends P5 but had no time. I will eventually and measure the stock Probes one if possible. The two front ones are bent, but the front and rears should be the same lenght anyways.

If you find any info let me know and I will let you know or post in this thread when I measure the arms out.

Also, it worse comes to worse you can pick up a new Protege subframe for around 80-09 bucks. I would assume the rear spindles would be cheap too if we need to run those to run Protege links. Check 1stautoparts too to price out the protege stuff.
    Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
    Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
    Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Stevoh View Post
      Nice. So am I. You looking at the Megan arms? I was actually going to measure the Protege arms off of my friends P5 but had no time. I will eventually and measure the stock Probes one if possible. The two front ones are bent, but the front and rears should be the same lenght anyways.

If you find any info let me know and I will let you know or post in this thread when I measure the arms out.

Also, it worse comes to worse you can pick up a new Protege subframe for around 80-09 bucks. I would assume the rear spindles would be cheap too if we need to run those to run Protege links. Check 1stautoparts too to price out the protege stuff.
      I am actually looking at the adjustable awr lateral links. My probe is in the paint shop so I cant even measure the stock ones. I may buy the links anyway and hope they fit once I get my car back.

If anyone can just run out and do a quick measurement under the car we can figure it out

thanks
      Keith

Comment

Cool. I would do it but my Probe has a bunch of crap behind it and I'm at work lol. You know the measurements already on the Protege links? Also I was thinking of getting the AWR units but the site says 400 per pair, so 800 total. The Megan bars are like 222 total or so. Cool man, keep me posted.
        Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed

Comment

they will work but they are not meant for the street.
          2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

The megan and awr also have them made with rubber bushings which will be fine for the street. The competition AWR use heim joints will be a harsher ride on the street for sure. Considering you can't replace just the bushing in the OEM bars this will be a great upgrade

P.S Seems the Protege bars will work no problem so once I get my car back I will install and post pics

Thanks
            Keith
            Last edited by KES16; March 27, 2010, 07:35 AM.

Comment

dont get confused with trialing arms. awr has those. but only the heim joints for the lateral links
              2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

Hell yea. Good to know. So are you getting the AWR links KES16? If so how much was the total? I thought AWR stopped making the heim joint links. I can't find them anymore on their site. If they sell the heimjoint links then you can possibly have heim joint trailing arms since they are just seem to be universal rods with adjustable heims at either end.

I would love to see pics when you get them on.

Also KES are you going to be running the Protege sway bar and rear suspension? I have a set of Protege coilovers on my car and plan on getting the AWR rear sway.

Also, my friend's P5 handles amazing and it's all stock so I think you will be pleased with the Protege design. After driving his car I want mine to be similar to his.
                Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by slinkyPgT View Post
                  dont get confused with trialing arms. awr has those. but only the heim joints for the lateral links
                  AWR Lateral links use bushings (check there site)

info :

Rear lateral link set. Fully adjustable to allow use of larger wheel and tire combo or add or decrease rear camber and toe settings. Will fit with no modification to existing rear subframe or suspension hub. Available in steel powder coated or brushed aluminum finish. Not recommended for street application. A great addition for autocrossing and drag car applications. Made of tubular steel utilizing delrin bushings on one end and urethane bushings on the other instead of the stock rubber. This unique approach controls the different forces at work, on each end of the arm. Provides much better control and stability. Will fit all 99-2003 Prot�g�s and may fit 95-98. Priced per pair.

I am actually picking up used lateral links so I will post my results

Thanks
                  Keith

Comment

ill find you a pic of the ones i seen
                    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...Lkit5Mar04.jpg
                    awr arms! no bushing there
                    Last edited by slinkyPgT; March 28, 2010, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slinkyPgT View Post
                      ill find you a pic of the ones i seen
                      http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...Lkit5Mar04.jpg
                      awr arms! no bushing there

They make both sets man. Heim joints or bushings. I will post pictures off the ones with bushings later

Hardrace also makes lateral links using bushings for the protege
                      Last edited by KES16; March 28, 2010, 07:10 AM.

Comment

ok cool. im looking to replace soon

Comment

These ones from Megan Racing really appeal to me if they will indeed fit. http://www.meganracing.com/uploadIma...ar/RFL-323.jpg I don't care about the adjustability, I just want an affordable way to replace my old, beat bushings.
                          Adam Kirkpatrick
                          1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                          2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                          1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Woah Hardrace also makes roll center adjusters. The Protege front arms are a little different but I think the balljoints should be interchangeable. Nice. The Hardrace ones look like they are the Megan arms, but they offer them in heim joints too.
                            Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed

Comment

good info now knowing we can use protege' rear arms on pgt's

do we have a definite spread of what years the protege' parts will work?

Comment

Working...
                              X