X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a wiring diagram for 93 mx6, 6al MSD, Blaster 2 Coil, #8910 tach adapter? I've searched through this whole thread and others. All the links seem to be dead.

If I've already done the HEI mod in the past do I have to stick with using that and wire that into the setup or can I throw that out and just use all the MSD gear? Reason I'm asking is because the only recent wiring diagram I did find was one where the guy kept his HEI setup and used the MSD here for reference:http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...media/178174_1

Thanks!

(edit) Also I don't have the MSD harness that everyone talks about. What extra steps will I need to take?

(edit #2) I found the performanceprobe diagram. I don't understand the portion of the distributor modification. Pretty much these steps: "Locate the wire connector with three wires on the distributor. Disconnect the metal tab that connects wire #1 (yellow/green wire) on the connector to the distributor.
    Cut the wire from the distributor that connects to wire #2 (yellow/blue wire) on the connector and attach it to wire #1 on the connector"

Is it really necessary to remove the distributor to do this? From what I read/understand can't I just switch these two wires on the outside of the three pin connector? Also this diagram does not mention the tach adapter that I need for my car. Jesus this post is getting long with questions.
    Last edited by metros; October 6, 2006, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Hi does the MSD BTM connect the same way ?
      www.dtsracingteam.com
      DISTURBING THE STREETS OF CURACAO .

ITS T3/T67 + KL03 forged +No2=

Comment

• Question for using the msd and coil on a 95 pgt setup..... anything different and do they sell the plug harrness for that ?

Comment

• you cannot get the harness anymore. And I dont believe it's easy enough to install MSD on a '95+ pgt. You'd need a '93-'94 disty because of the internal crank sensor.
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1
            you cannot get the harness anymore. And I dont believe it's easy enough to install MSD on a '95+ pgt. You'd need a '93-'94 disty because of the internal crank sensor.

Your joking....

isnt the 93-to 94 the same just a different wire harrness pin config ?

Comment

• i did say that.
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by attack_mx6
                Question for using the msd and coil on a 95 pgt setup..... anything different and do they sell the plug harrness for that ?

I still don't know of anyone running this setup on a 95 disty. I tried twice as did Turbo Mark. I even tried with a 93-94 disty and the adapter and only got smoke coming out of the disty. I've had a jacob's cap forever now, but my disty still works, so I'm not looking to put one in for sometime. Why the 95 is so different I have no idea, but this stuff was discussed in detail years ago and to much debate no results, proven that is, were had.

The ignitor replacement though I have not researched, search and on that you might come up with something.

Comment

Working...
                X